sermons and audio teachings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
I hope it is alright to have a thread where we might share audio resources to good sermons, lectures and other Christian teachings for those who like to listen/hear, as well as read B)

Please provide a summary/outline of the audio (preacher; content; denomination etc)
Poppin
----

The Heart of the Gospel
Romans 3:21-3
By Phil Johnson
http://www.thegracelifepulpit.com/Sermons.aspx?code=2007-06-17-PJ
(sermon transcript/summary at link)

Phil is a Calvinist.
I am not, but this sermon transcends denominational differences.
feedback, please if you do listen.

-------

http://youtube.com/watchv=jj2bm5-PMAI

The Gospel For Those Broken By The Church by Rod Rosenbladt
49:45
Rod Rosenbladt, Lutheran.
summary: pretty much exactly what the title says.
sorry if the youtube doesn't embed - I don't know how to do it (help!?)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry Poppin but I'm not really keen on reading links from teaches I do not know. Derek Prince, John Wesley even Charles Stanley - yes but not much of anyone else. Just my personal preference, that's all. :) There are so many teachers out there in the world but only a few that I will take the time to listen to...

Bless you!

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
Angelina said:
I'm sorry Poppin but I'm not really keen on reading links from teaches I do not know. Derek Prince, John Wesley even Charles Stanley - yes but not much of anyone else. Just my personal preference, that's all. :) There are so many teachers out there in the world but only a few that I will take the time to listen to...

Bless you!
I understand totally.
I have listened literally to thousands of sermons over the years. I listen daily, and I have my favorites :) .
I also listen to the ones I know teach false doctrine - it's good for discernment.

I hope it's okay to have this thread :huh: ?
If you think no one will use it (probably been tried here before, could you delete it, Angelina? t.y.)
Poppin.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
Hi Arnie Manitoba!
Chuck makes assertions for the first 4 minutes (we can debunk them readily enough), then he says the greatest evidence for the fact that Amillennialism is:

1) antisemitic
2) maligning the character of God
3) allegorizing the promises to Israel
etc

is found here (4:35+min):

Luke 1:32
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David

He then proceeds to say, "That's not His Father's throne in heaven, it's a political throne, here on earth - it did not exist during His lifetime....He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever. Has He ever? Hardly! They crucified Him..."

However, this is just rhetoric :)

The Bible tells us that:

1) Jesus did receive David's throne
2) It is in heaven not on earth
3) He is reigning over those in Jacob who repented (always a remnant)

1 & 2

Acts 2
22“Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— 23this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25For David says concerning him,

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

29“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

32This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.’

36Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

37Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” 40And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” 41So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Acts 15
10Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.”

12And all the assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul as they related what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13After they finished speaking, James replied, “Brothers, listen to me. 14Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take from them a people for his name. 15And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written,

16 “‘After this I will return,
and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen;
I will rebuild its ruins,
and I will restore it
17 that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord,
and all the Gentiles who are called by my name
says the Lord, who makes these things 18known from of old.’

19Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God

Fulfillment of:
[Amos 9:11 - "In that day I will restore David's fallen shelter-- I will repair its broken walls and restore its ruins-- and will rebuild it as it used to be]

Isaiah 59
20"A Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob," declares the LORD. 21"As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring's offspring," says the LORD, "from now and forever."

He did keep His promises to Israel - those who repented and believed were saved, and the gentiles were grafted in:

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you [in Jacob], in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:39
The promise is for you [Jacob] and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Romans 11:26
and in this way [elect remnant in Jacob repenting],
all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. - Isaiah 59 Fulfilled

There is much more, but it is late here now.
If God did not keep His promise to Israel (see Peter's sermon - Acts 2), none of us are saved either :)
I will explain why Chuck is mistaken, and why his idea of a temporary 1,000 year earthly reign (which is for some reason not forever either!) after the Second Coming is impossible.
God Bless you,
Poppin

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
To disregard a future millennium you will have to cut out a lot of the future events for Israel in bible .....

Anyone who cuts out parts of the bible cannot be taken seriously as a teacher or a scholar.

If Jesus if reigning on earth right now He is sure doing a lousy job of it .... not to mention He is absent.

We (Christians) are not reigning on earth with Jesus right now as per the millennium teaching.

Besides , the ones who will reign with Jesus have been beheaded because of their testimony (about Jesus)

We still have our heads

At least I do anyway.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
Anyone who cuts out parts of the bible cannot be taken seriously as a teacher or a scholar.
Hi Arnie.
I don't wish to argue and I apologize if my previous post containing NT quotes saying certain things were fulfilled. was not convincing. I surely apologize if it was offensive in any way - I do not want to insult or harm you.

Arnie Manitoba said:
To disregard a future millennium you will have to cut out a lot of the future events for Israel in bible .....
Could you list what events you believe are in the future for Israel. Do you mean the State of Israel in Palestine?
Paul said Christians are the Israel of God.

Galatians 6
Not Circumcision but the New Creation
11See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!
12Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whicha the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.
17From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

The Israel of God are all the jews and gentiles who are God's people; walking by this rule - boasting in nothing except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, and are new creations.
The Israel of God are the people of God, and we know them corporately as the Church.
If you have prophecies concerning ancient Israel you believe are not fulfilled in the past, or are not fulfilled in Christ, or are not eternal promises looked forward to by the Israel of God, what are they?

Arnie Manitoba said:
If Jesus if reigning on earth right now He is sure doing a lousy job of it .... not to mention He is absent.
Matthew 28
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Acts 2
29“Fellow Israelites, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Psalm 110
2The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies." 3Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, Your youth are to You as the dew. 4The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Psalm 2
The Reign of the LORD’s Anointed
1 Why do the nations ragea
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6 “As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

Acts 4:26
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers were gathered together, against the Lord and against his Anointed’

Hebrews 12
18For you have not come to what may be touched, a blazing fire and darkness and gloom and a tempest 19and the sound of a trumpet and a voice whose words made the hearers beg that no further messages be spoken to them. 20For they could not endure the order that was given, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned.” 21Indeed, so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I tremble with fear.” 22But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23and to the assemblya of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Arnie Manitoba said:
We (Christians) are not reigning on earth with Jesus right now as per the millennium teaching.
Revelation 20
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Nowhere in Revelation 20 is Jesus said to be on earth.
Thrones in Revelation are always in heaven.

a thousand years is a figure of speech.

Revelation 12:10-11
"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

John 12:31
"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out."

But, I will leave this discussion for today since it was inappropriate for me to begin a theological discussion after you merely posted an audio teaching on a thread I ( :unsure: ) established just for that.

I'm sorry Arnie Manitoba.
Please forgive.
Poppin