Seven Tests Of Our Walk With God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Walk in the LightIf we say we have fellowship in with him, walk in darkness, we lie, and do not tell the truth.( I John 1:6)Admit You are a SinnerIf we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.( I John 1:8)Obey God's WillHe that saith, I know him, and keepth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.( I John 2:4)Imitate ChristHe that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked (I John 2:6)Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life(John 8:12) Love OthersHe that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. (I John 2:9)Relationship to the WorldLove not the world, neither the things that are in it, if any man love the world the love of the Father is not in Son.( I John 2:15)Prove Christ Is Righteous by Your LifeWho is a liar but him that denieth Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.( I John 2:22)*****************************Apostle John talks about the Right Belief. You cannot believe things about Christ are not true; and then have fellowship with him. There were unsound teachers in John days that didn't believe that Jesus suffered and rose again. They said He was a mystery man, who appeared and vanished but was not God. You cannot deny that Christ died on the cross, and find a pardon for your sins. You cannot deny the resurrection of Christ and enjoy the privileges of Christianity that are found in the living Christ. Christianity is nothing without Christ in it .Amen! God bless all of you
smile.gif

shutin45

Feb 18, 2009
Amen and thanks Lookin'4wardtoHeaven
smile.gif
Jesus first and second commandments - of which you listed the second, come to mind also.By obeying Him we show we love Him.In your closing paragraph, you mention believing things about Christ that are not true. Some such beliefs are specifically addressed in Gods words through Paul via the letters to the Churches in the NT. I think we should ALL read and reread those letters of guidance and commands to Christians. I also STRONGLY feel that there's something about us needing to put on and keep on the Armor of God covered in Ephesians 6 Verses 10-20 these days more than ever before.Thanks again!!In Christ,Jim

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Lookin'4wardtoHeaven @ Apr 19 2009, 12:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=72765
Walk in the LightIf we say we have fellowship in with him, walk in darkness, we lie, and do not tell the truth.( I John 1:6)Admit You are a SinnerIf we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.( I John 1:8)Obey God's WillHe that saith, I know him, and keepth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.( I John 2:4)Imitate ChristHe that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked (I John 2:6)Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life(John 8:12) Love OthersHe that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. (I John 2:9)Relationship to the WorldLove not the world, neither the things that are in it, if any man love the world the love of the Father is not in Son.( I John 2:15)Prove Christ Is Righteous by Your LifeWho is a liar but him that denieth Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.( I John 2:22)*****************************Apostle John talks about the Right Belief. You cannot believe things about Christ are not true; and then have fellowship with him. There were unsound teachers in John days that didn't believe that Jesus suffered and rose again. They said He was a mystery man, who appeared and vanished but was not God. You cannot deny that Christ died on the cross, and find a pardon for your sins. You cannot deny the resurrection of Christ and enjoy the privileges of Christianity that are found in the living Christ. Christianity is nothing without Christ in it .Amen! God bless all of you
smile.gif

Lookin'4ward, that is such a lovely post. Thanks, I really enjoyed it very much. Thanks.God Bless You!