Shoe Sole vs Soul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can.of.soup

Today at 10:10 AM
i like your way of thinking, and i’m glad you’re not giving up. it’s refreshing seeing such a fiery passion in someone, unfortunately not a lot of people i know are like that. you’re strong. i know if i was put into your shoes i would not be as strong, but that’s not necessarily a negative. i know you can do this, but i can’t help worrying for my dear friends safety. i know there’s sunlight after the storm but my biggest concern is you making it until after the storm. i don’t want you in danger, and i certainly don’t want the devil taking you from me. i treasure this friendship and i am forever grateful for what you have taught me

Thanks for your words of kindness my friend! To be honest, this fiery passion is not my own, but the Holy Spirit’s. When my mother was telling me to not spread the Gospel, she said that I looked “possessed”. I think she may have meant it in the negative sense, like “demon-possessed”

```Mark 1:32 When evening came, after the sun had set, they began bringing to Him all who were ill and those who were demon-possessed.```

Clean = no sin. Unclean = sin. Since they were ill, then we can infer that the demon’s possession them caused the illness.

```Mark 1:23-26 Just then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit; ```
What are demons? They’re really just unclean spirits. But that means that spirits in general can possess a person. And there is only one Clean Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

```Luke 18:19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. ```
Since to be good means to be perfectly free of sin. And that’s only obtain by faith in Christ, which all people will eventually have and thus all will go to Heaven.

```2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. ```
The way I see it, the Lord, who is the Spirit, possesses me more whenever I do something good. So when I’m evangelizing, like writing out Gospel messages that Christ saves all, I feel time move by quickly, and my wrist is able to move so much faster than normally. Or when running on the streets, I told my mom that I ran from one far away location to another and she did not believe me, but it was the truth, I was able to sprint across so many blocks due to the Holy Spirit inside me.

Of course, I still commit wrongdoings, even as a Christian who is permanently saved like bearing false witness when I used to type about promoting the false doctrines of eternal conscious torment or annihilationism Proverbs 19:5 and was punished for that, but I think those sins happen because of grief I cause to the Holy Spirit. There are those who are saved as Christians who believe in those ECT and CI lies, like how I used to talk about those, that was my mistake, sure it causes grief, but they’re still saved.
```Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. ```
```Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, ```

So, for all Christians, the Holy Spirit dwells inside of them. But for some Christians, they can be more possessed with happiness of the Holy Spirit, other ones with the Holy Ghost’s grief. Thus, I would much rather be possessed by the Holy Spirit than my sinful self. This lowly body of death eventually fully transformed like the glorious body of permanent life, Christ, which is in full possession of the Holy Spirit at all times.
```Philippians 3:21 Who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. ```

So without the Holy Spirit I’m weak. Like illness, sometimes people are weak from sin, other times people are weak so the glory of God can be revealed through them. John 9:2
```Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. ```

You say if you were in my shoes. Well, a shoe has a sole, pronounced the same as “soul”, meaning bottom of the shoe. We all have souls. And the Holy Spirit possessing us is like God controlling our souls. We are like that shoes that God can wear. If there’s puddles outside, rain boots would be best. Otherwise, maybe hiking shoes for climbing up a mountain. Different people have different personalities, like types of footwear. And how the Lord uses them depends on the occasion. For me, I’m only lucky that the Lord has been using me quite often. So I’m humbled and grateful for the opportunity to witness the Lord’s work with my own eyes. Without the LORD God in me, I’m just a regular human sinner, nothing special. All the souls of sinners shall experience death and then shall believe in the Soul of God the Son and be resurrected to permanent life.
```Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die. ```

So have a strong personality or not, I don’t see either as being necessarily better than the other. It’s all just differences served for different circumstances. My sister has mistaken me for an extrovert because of how social I can be, but the truth is I’m an introvert, I don’t get energized from social interactions, but I still enjoy it. Not a sinful weakness, just like, some stat points invested into one skill versus another. That could be perceived as a “weakness” to someone. Yet, extrovertedness could be perceived as a “weakness” to another if they engage into so much social interactions.

I’m very grateful for your kind words. The Lord is the true teacher. You will remain my friend for as long as the Spirit of the Lord dwells inside of me, which is forever :)