SHOOT TO KILL - the will to power

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Once upon a time a few voices were raised against violence as entertainment; violence in books, violence in magazines, violence on TV, violence in video games and violence in movies.

That was then. This is now.

Classic philosophy holds that no human activity can be conducted without two components; will and power.

Without the strength or the facility or the power to do a thing, no man can act.
Without the desire or the motivation or will to do a thing, no man can act.

These two components must always be present for a human action to be performed. The classic definition of will to power has been modified only slightly in modern police work and court room hearings. Today its called motive and opportunity. Its the same, really except that I personally prefer the classic definition; will to power.

Christian writing begins in the Good Book. In the pages of the Bible there is much discussion about THE WILL. Jesus said that if a man even thought about murder he was guilty of it. Today, however, its perfectly acceptable to spend hard earned dollars on 'escapism' which teaches that mass murder is ok.

Hollywood capitalists believe that there is a fine line between violence projected on a movie screen and violence that begins in front of it. Billions of dollars are spent to justify the marketing of violence as entertainment, all in the name of the constitutional right to distribute murder as a function of free speech.

In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to incite millions to violence?
In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to restrict millions from obtaining and carrying the means to defend themselves their families and their homes from violent attack?

Are we dancing on the head of a pin or are personal rights being destroyed by the same constitutional interpretations that are used to make others very wealthy at the risk of our safety?

Are Batman and the Joker having the last laugh at our expense?

Plenty is being said about firearms. Nothing is being said about THE WILL to power, the MOTIVATION to kill that our children are being trained in by means of movies and video games.

Why is it ok to put on a uniform, travel to a foreign land and kill innocent people but not ok to do it at home among our own people? Rev. Martin Luther King raised that question in 1967 and no one has yet to dare an answer. He believed it was wrong. America is ok with killing foreigners but not our own. There is a massive national hypocrisy at work here that none today are willing to address.

THE WILL TO POWER begins long before the first bullet is even purchased, but little is being said about it.

What say you.................

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Once upon a time a few voices were raised against violence as entertainment; violence in books, violence in magazines, violence on TV, violence in video games and violence in movies.

That was then. This is now. Today not so much I think.

Classic philosophy holds that no human activity can be conducted without two components; will and power.

Without the strength or the facility or the power to do a thing, no man can act.
Without the desire or the motivation or will to act, nothing will be done.

These two components must always be present for a human action to be performed. The classic definition of will to power has been modified only slightly in modern police work and court room hearings. Today its called motive and opportunity. Its the same, really except that I personally prefer the classic definition; will to power.

Christian writing begins in the Good Book. In the pages of the Bible there is much discussion about THE WILL. Jesus said that if a man even thought about murder he was guilty of it. Today, however, its perfectly acceptable to spend hard earned dollars on 'escapism' which teaches that mass murder is ok.

Hollywood capitalists believe that there is a fine line between violence projected on a movie screen and violence that begins in front of it. Billions of dollars are spent to justify the marketing of violence as entertainment, all in the name of the constitutional right to distribute murder as a function of free speech.

In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to incite millions to violence?
In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to restrict millions from obtaining and carrying the means to defend themselves their families and their homes from violent attack?

Are we dancing on the head of a pin or are personal rights being destroyed by the same constitutional interpretations that are used to make others very wealthy at the risk of our safety?

Are Batman and the Joker having the last laugh at our expense?

Plenty is being said about firearms. Nothing is being said about THE WILL to power, the MOTIVATION to kill that our children are being trained in by means of movies and video games.

Why is it ok to put on a uniform, travel to a foreign land and kill innocent people but not ok to do it at home among our own people? Rev. Martin Luther King raised that question in 1967 and no one has yet to dare an answer. He believed it was wrong. America is ok with killing foreigners but not our own. There is a massive national hypocrisy at work here that none today are willing to address.

What is being said about THE WILL to power and THE MOTIVATIONS behind heinous crimes of violence?

What say you.................

I am glad you said that. Firearms, knives, bow and arrows, axes, and SUVs are all amoral but they get blamed for everything.

It is the heart of man (and from a Christian view, Satan) where evil comes from.

Axehead

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I recently read one Christian's comments on the "Dark Knight". He was like, "This movie is terrible. All the Joker wants to do is kill people!"
I was like, "Well isn't that why he's the bad guy?" :p

Anyway, if you ever ask my mother, I was playing war games, and making weapons of mass destruction from lego well before I saw any movies or books that detailed it. :p I use to run around the back yard with an axe handle, shooting and stabbing imaginary foes. And all those innocent plastic animals became embroiled in a massive war fought on muddy slopes.

I believe that violence is a natural thing in boys at least. We like to pull things apart. We like to shoot things. We are naturally aggressive. It's when this aggression becomes uncontrolled, that it becomes a problem. (ps: if you went by what I use to imagine as a kid and what I built, I was one very violent kid . . . . )

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I am glad you said that. Firearms, knives, bow and arrows, axes, and SUVs are all amoral but they get blamed for everything.

-- Saw a t-shirt (while I was in Oregon, no less) that said, "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, THEN SPOONS MADE ROSIE O'DONNEL FAT."

I thought that was pretty accurate.

Reactions: [email protected]

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Limbaugh's recent quote. "Blaming guns for murder is like blaming forks for obesity"

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ZebraHug said:
I recently read one Christian's comments on the "Dark Knight". He was like, "This movie is terrible. All the Joker wants to do is kill people!"
I was like, "Well isn't that why he's the bad guy?" :p

Anyway, if you ever ask my mother, I was playing war games, and making weapons of mass destruction from lego well before I saw any movies or books that detailed it. :p I use to run around the back yard with an axe handle, shooting and stabbing imaginary foes. And all those innocent plastic animals became embroiled in a massive war fought on muddy slopes.

I believe that violence is a natural thing in boys at least. We like to pull things apart. We like to shoot things. We are naturally aggressive. It's when this aggression becomes uncontrolled, that it becomes a problem. (ps: if you went by what I use to imagine as a kid and what I built, I was one very violent kid . . . . )
Sounds like a good background for a Hollywood special effects artist.

Build large complicated realistic models and then blow 'em up.....and get paid for it to boot!

Or work for a construction company on its demolitions team and run the wrecking ball equipment.

Fun or what.

The sign of a healthy man or society is the ability to focus those instincts into activity that benefits the community, not to mention one that wins awards for excellence in blowing up models or in hunting and fishing skills.

I think what we've got here is a sick culture and no way to make it well again.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
One thing about Hollywood that i could never understand,is the fact that non violent family type movies like "Nemo" usually make the most money,But the violent sex laden movies outnumber them 10-1.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
One thing about Hollywood that i could never understand,is the fact that non violent family type movies like "Nemo" usually make the most money,But the violent sex laden movies outnumber them 10-1.
No G rated movie has ever lost money at the box office, or so I am informed.