Should A Pastor Openly Rebuke Another Ministry ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I notice that alot of minister's don't openly call out another ministry by name even if they are in error, and those who would dare to speak the truth against it are considered to be causing strife amongst the brethren. I think the Body of Christ should be made aware of false teachings lest we ourselves become ensnared in them. What do you think ? Should we stay silent and just pray for them, or should we pray and expose them ?

Reactions: justaname

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles spent time correcting heresy, so should we.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Probably has a lot to do with,

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

In All His Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are to judge righteously those that are in (or claim to be in) the church. God judges those that are outside.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And how does an unrighteous man judge righteously, man judges from the tree of good and evil, we know not what is right and wrong, what we call good God may well call evil, what we call evil God may well call good, we do not see as He sees. It is Jesus who Judges men, we are not capable.

In all His Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And how does an unrighteous man judge righteously, man judges from the tree of good and evil, we know not what is right and wrong, what we call good God may well call evil, what we call evil God may well call good, we do not see as He sees. It is Jesus who Judges men, we are not capable.

In all His Love

1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
If we see something that is just wrong...in other words it is probably leading people astray....then yes, I believe we do need to point it out. The problem comes, I think, when this rebuking is done as an example to show our own goodness. We need to be aware, honest and repentant of our own many flaws before we can start pointing our finger. But when it comes down to it...if someone...anyone is teaching something other than scripture...then we must stand up against it...it's what the disciples did and what we are called to do...'contend for the faith'

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
anyone is teaching something other than scripture

There are a lot of people teaching " scripture ", yet are misleading the people and causing them to stumble, so we must be warey in our judgement.

In All His Love