Should Born Again Christians participate in Native North American Pow Wows?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. I forgot about the similar thread already on this forum.
Delete.
I remember when you brought this up a while back Gary, don't remember what the consensus on here was though.
I suppose it's a matter of how you feel about the pow-wows. Celebrating one's heritage is all over Buffalo, we have the Italian fest, the Greek fest, Juneteenth for African Americans, Dyngus day for the Polish, Armenian festivals and can't remember others but, I have been to all of them many times. Never been to a Pow-Wow though, do they have peace pipes? :Broadly:

Reactions: Triumph1300

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sweat Lodges and other spiritual things are the issue with me.
Yeah, it's all about Who/what the worship is directed towards. Perhaps you can participate in other things. I would love to see their jewelry, turquoise, silver jewelry, feathers too, woven into say, an earing! Roped bracelets, all hand made!

Oh well, you must choose for yourself.

Romans 14 Paul says:
"But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin." Romans 14:23
If you haven't been nudged by God, and you have been fine going, why not just steer clear of the spiritual part?