Should Christians be poor?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it a sin to be rich?

No, not all believers were poor financially. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, etc., were wealthy. In fact, God prospered them.

Proverbs 3:

9a Honor the LORD with your wealth.
Jesus says in Luke 12:

21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
Rich Christians can use their wealth to bless the poor. If all Christians were poor, how could they financially help the poor?

Paul collected money to send to the Jerusalem church in 1 Corinthians 16:

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. 3 And when I arrive, I will send those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable that I should go also, they will accompany me.
If I become rich, will I go to hell?

Only if you don't honor God with your riches.

Reactions: Jack

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it a sin to be rich?

No, not all believers were poor financially. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, etc., were wealthy. In fact, God prospered them.

Proverbs 3:

Jesus says in Luke 12:

Rich Christians can use their wealth to bless the poor. If all Christians were poor, how could they financially help the poor?

Paul collected money to send to the Jerusalem church in 1 Corinthians 16:

If I become rich, will I go to hell?

Only if you don't honor God with your riches.
You won't go to hell if you do not honor God with your wealth, that does not take away salvation.

but you will not enjoy them as God desired you to!

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Proverbs 30:7-9 NIV
"Two things I ask of you, LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ’Who is the LORD?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

u do knw that money is the root of all evil and yet you tempt urself with money by being rich u r simply digging ur own grave ⇀says my opinion⇁ and the more money u hav the more you cannot let go of ur riches even the momey u donate becomes less and less in percentage

The Acts 3:3-6 NIV
When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."

Reactions: TonyChanYT