Should christians test their faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the last 15+ years, I read thousands of articles every year in an effort to not be illiterate.

I spent time discussing religion in an effort to sharpen what I knew of God.

I searched for the most intelligent and knowledgeable atheists I could find (on the internet) to test my faith.

These are steps I took in an effort to learn more about humanity and the world as God's creations.

And to try to develop what God gave me.

I would be curious to know what steps other christians have taken to accomplish similar goals.

And ask advice on what other actions I might take to better myself as a christian and believer.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the last 15+ years, I read thousands of articles every year in an effort to not be illiterate.

I spent time discussing religion in an effort to sharpen what I knew of God.

I searched for the most intelligent and knowledgeable atheists I could find (on the internet) to test my faith.

These are steps I took in an effort to learn more about humanity and the world as God's creations.

And to try to develop what God gave me.

I would be curious to know what steps other christians have taken to accomplish similar goals.

And ask advice on what other actions I might take to better myself as a christian and believer.
Reading the Bible and doing as God and Jesus instructed is helpful, I believe. Keeping in mind the great commandment (Matthew 22:34-40) is to love the Lord with all our heart, mind, and soul, I believe in constant prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I believe in righteous living (Matthew 4:17) as the path to heaven.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If seriously try to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength (Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27, Matthew 22:37) and understand that the "love" God wants is for you to keep his commandments (1 John 2:4 & context) your faith/faithfulness will be constantly tested.

Not only is "self" a tough adversary in a number of sins, others test you too. For example try keeping a weekly sabbath day and don't cause others to work for you on that day (such as going to a restaurant, etc.). You will be endlessly tested by family, friends, and even other "Christians", because you will be the stubborn fanatic which screws up the play day they want you there on.