Should Christians Use The Enneagram?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you be a Christian and use the Enneagram? Are you concerned that the Enneagram is evil or from the occult? Have you wondered how the Bible and the Enneagram go together? Or asked, "Should Christians use the Enneagram?"

Author and speaker Amy Wicks has been asked variations of these questions over the years and even considered abandoning her use of the Enneagram. Uncertain of the outcome, she dove into the history, origin, and variations of the Enneagram to determine if, indeed, this typology was in direct opposition to the Gospel.

This book is a compilation of research and evaluation spanning several years, spelling out the details of what the Enneagram is, where it came from, and helpful questions to consider whether or not it’s safe for a Christ-follower to utilize.
Whether you are an Enneagram skeptic or if you want to answer Enneagram critics with specific facts, this handbook will help you navigate a conclusion that is right for you.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in my opinion. It is a form of occultism.
Ppl who believe in God should use his word in correcting personality flaws and in submission to him through prayer.
Our traits should imitate Christ as believers and followers.

We don't have the power to be " good " but all have sinned and must come to repentance. God will chasten and correct our flesh if we submit and are led of the Spirit.
:My2c:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in my opinion. It is a form of occultism.
Ppl who believe in God should use his word in correcting personality flaws and in submission to him through prayer.
Our traits should imitate Christ as believers and followers.

We don't have the power to be " good " but all have sinned and must come to repentance. God will chasten and correct our flesh if we submit and are led of the Spirit.
:My2c:
Thanks for your post.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God you made you and formed you in womb, and predestined you before the foundation of the world. Why would you need a personality test? It is God who gave you the sum of your experiences to form your personality. Rejoice as a child of God that you are special to Him.
Yes, it is dabbling in occultism

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is God you made you and formed you in womb, and predestined you before the foundation of the world. Why would you need a personality test? It is God who gave you the sum of your experiences to form your personality. Rejoice as a child of God that you are special to Him.
Yes, it is dabbling in occultism
Thanks for your post

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I discovered the Enneagram about 13 years ago. I had gone through a terrible bout with insomnia and depression and was going through a divorce.
I had never experienced a personality typing system that was so accurate. I was so enamored with it that I wrote a book.
Then in researching I discovered some things that I was not comfortable with.
I think it’s okay for personality typing. But if you have any reservations about it leave it alone. I would follow the advice of Paul concerning meat that had been sacrificed to idols

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using it for studying personally types and that’s what I’m doing now

Reactions: Cassandra

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver." Acts 19:19