Should it be a boarder between faith and politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boost

Jul 11, 2006
What do you think about politics and faith?! Some are accusing arab countries about extremism because their faith is one of the most important things in their society...But in some christian countries it is just the same, and is it therefore a risk not to devide these for democracy?Your opinion please!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about politics and faith?! Some are accusing arab countries about extremism because their faith is one of the most important things in their society... But in some christian countries it is just the same, and is it therefore a risk not to devide these for democracy?
I disagree. I cannot think of one "Christian" nation where the laws are 100% based off of religious laws found in Deuteronomy/Leviticus/etc. but there are numerous Islamic nations where the law is totally based off of the sharia.In the case of many of the Christian laws, laws like "That shalt not kill" should be found in any society and are "common sense" laws IMHO. As well, I don't know any Christian nation where it's against the law to be atheist, Islamic, Hindu, etc.

Sabre

Jul 11, 2006
I totally agree with SwampFox.I believe it is against Human Rights to take away the freedom of speech etc. of people and forcing them to be relgious / practice a certain religion is immoral and should not be happening anywhere in the modern world.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also want to include an answer to the thread's original question.Asking a Christian to put up some sort of border/wall in between politics and faith is an impossible task. It's the same thing as telling another person to put aside their thoughts and ideas to vote for "what's best" as defined by some outside force. To be honest, this is what gets me about the "liberal" mindset; the idea that Christianity is some sort of hobby to only be practiced in private time and never shown in public.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
God made his ways known to us. Weather it be marriage, personal conduct, how we should live, and in many other areas. When the public debate comes up on any of these issues, are we to remain silent or vote against what God Commands because our faith should not be in politics?We are fortunate to have a form of governemnt where our input is welcome.To say that the way we vote should not reflect our faith, then what should our vote be based on? On the other hand, the Gospel does not stand or fall in the political arena.Would I vote to keep marriage they way God intended it? Or for God's way in other areas? Of Course I would! What other way should one of faith vote?But...How imporant is it that these items actually pass? We are not saving anybody by imposing external restrains upon them. A thief who is prevented from stealing by a lock in the eyes of God is still a thief. As is a murderer who is prevented from killing his victim simply because he learns that his victim is armed and able to fight back.Should we expend our time, money and effort to outlaw abortions or should we bring so many people into the fold where the power of the Holy Spirit changes them and in sufficient numbers that abortion clinics end up closing, not due to the force of law, but due to lack of demand for their services?Arresting a drug dealer is one thing. Bringing so many people into the fold that he can't evan give his stuff away is the true mission of the Gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.