Should Marijuana be Legalized?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyte

Jul 12, 2006
By legalized I mean for recreational use and/or for medicinal needs?For medicinal purposes I think it absolutely should be legal! I don't feel people in pain should be denied any kind of comfort. Now for recreational use... I don't think so! :eek: People can't seem to keep a handle on alcohol which has been around for years so I don't think "we" should be allowed any NEW mind altering substances! Sadly, most human beings are prone to excess! Lyte

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.I've seen all sorts of opinions on this from "God created it, let us smoke it" to "it's created by the devil" and so on. I think you have to look at it in context. For those who say God created it, I think one website does well when it points out that God created poison ivy, yet to smoke or inhale it would certainly cause much discomfort. For those who say the devil gave it to us, God did create our world.So, I think the overall message here is do it like anything else - do it in moderation and don't let it take control. I mean it has obvious health potential for the sick. On the same token, it does have mind-altering affects.

Lyte

Jul 12, 2006
Good points SwampFox! I tried to add a poll to this one and forgot to click what I should. I can't go back and fix it but as Admin, you could! It might be cool! :cool: Lyte

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont beleive in doing any type of drugs however I think they should legalize Marijuana and outlaw alcohol except maybe a little wine.I never heard of people commonly getting violent ,or beating there wife and kids on majiuana,or getting into fights I never saw anyone out dying, laying in the gutter begging for a puff. I think if it was legal they could controll the potencey of it just like they do alcohol now and it would free up a lot of money and officers to go after really dangerous drugs and dealers .As a mom they all scare me to death but I dont think legalizeing marijuana changes that at all Im more afraid of drunk drivers.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poll added as mentioned, Lyte.
smile.gif

bac2nowere

Jun 15, 2006
Call me old fashioned if you want but I say no. I might consider for medical use.I think marijuana has been considered a "gateway drug" because of its potential to lead young people to experiment with stronger drugs such as heroin and cocaine.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
The so called medisinal use is being done by people who are more interested in getting high than getting well. Even in San Francisco they are saying enough is enough and are beginning to crack down on doctors who write perscriptions on a whim. Where is Scripture are we called upon to fight for the right to use drugs? Even where wine is permitted, drunkeness is condemmed. You can drink wine without getting high, you smoke dope only to get high. What next? Will we have people who insist that onoy heroine can relieve them from their illness? OOPS! Already happending. My father died from Stomach Cancer. I his final days, he was perscribed heroin for his extreme pain. Oh! So they do already perscribe extreme drugs for extreme conditions! And this was back in 1968!I guess people will insist on heroin and cacaine for their depression.The Gospel call upon us to free people from the bonds of such tings, not to fight for their right to be enslaved to drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.