Simon, if you Love Me feed my sheep

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:15[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]See .Peter was not sent to everyone, He was sent to feed those who belonged to Jesus, so who are they?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh_18:37[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth[/SIZE] heareth my voice.
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:26[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Being a christian and going to church does not make one His sheep, if you are not listening to His voice than you are not His.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:1[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:2[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:3[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and[/SIZE] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:4[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No they don’t follow man, they dont go to church, they are not religious they follow Jesus alone[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:3[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So you wonder why you wont find His sheep in church,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rev_3:20[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In All His Love[/SIZE]

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
My sheep hear my Voice and follow.... in the beginning was The Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God
John 15:10
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
KJV

Feed the sheep the Word of life for The Word he is the Bread of life sent from heaven that sustains us.

Luke 12:41-43
41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
KJV

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
mjrhealth said:
So you wonder why you wont find His sheep in church,
I wonder how any of the Bible quotes you provide support any of the nonsense you're promoting. Tell me again, in your own words, why won't we find His sheep in church?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Polt said:
I wonder how any of the Bible quotes you provide support any of the nonsense you're promoting. Tell me again, in your own words, why won't we find His sheep in church?
Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Rev_12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

That is why,

but than as Jesus said

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

In all His Love

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
mjrhealth said:
That is why,

but than as Jesus said

In all His Love
You utterly failed to tell me why, in your own words, we won't find His sheep in His church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because He has called His Bride out of the worlds religious system as posted so He can feed them, but I cant convince you, because if you where His you would already know that.

In all His Love

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Because He has called His Bride out of the worlds religious system as posted so He can feed them
Okay, you say there are no Christians in church based on Rev_18:4, And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

How do you figure that church is Babylon, the "her" in Rev 18:4?

I know the Bible. I don't know you. So, tell me in your own words.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Read you bible or if you dare"ask Jesus". Of course if you dont want the truth just forget the asking Jesus part. If yoyu really want the truth there is only one place you will fibd it. Besides if you look even a little close the answer is quiet obvious.

In all His love

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Read you bible or if you dare"ask Jesus". Of course if you dont want the truth just forget the asking Jesus part. If yoyu really want the truth there is only one place you will fibd it. Besides if you look even a little close the answer is quiet obvious.

In all His love
Read your Bible or if you dare "ask Jesus." Of course, you don't want the truth... not when you have anti-Christian nonsense to hold on to.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
anti-Christian
Angry young man. listening to the voice of your saviour is antichristian, you should read what Jesus said to the pharisees, and they must of said the same thing.

In all His Love

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Angry young man. listening to the voice of your saviour is antichristian, you should read what Jesus said to the pharisees, and they must of said the same thing.

In all His Love
Actually, it is YOU who needs to read the Scriptures with understanding - not blind hatred.

Rev. 18:4 is referring to the Harlot of Babylon, which is a world power - not a religion. Most credible scholars understand that the Harlot of Babylon is either pagan Rome or apostate Jerusalem.

Only the wackos and the fringle groups understand it to mean the Catholic Church, which is Scripturally unsound.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
ChurchAuthority said:
Only the wackos and the fringle groups understand it to mean the Catholic Church, which is Scripturally unsound.
Mjrhealth didn't just call the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon, he smeared all churches. "You won't find His sheep in [any] church." - Mjrhealth

It's very generous of you to dismiss such ranting as that of a wacko.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Polt said:
Mjrhealth didn't just call the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon, he smeared all churches. "You won't find His sheep in [any] church." - Mjrhealth

It's very generous of you to dismiss such ranting as that of a wacko.
My mistake.
I'll refer to his rantings as St. Peter does in 1 Pet. 3:16:
"There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
mjrhealth said:
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:15[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]See .Peter was not sent to everyone, He was sent to feed those who belonged to Jesus, so who are they?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh_18:37[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth[/SIZE] heareth my voice.
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:26[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Being a christian and going to church does not make one His sheep, if you are not listening to His voice than you are not His.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:1[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:2[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:3[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and[/SIZE] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

[SIZE=12pt]Rev 14:4[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No they don’t follow man, they dont go to church, they are not religious they follow Jesus alone[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:3[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So you wonder why you wont find His sheep in church,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rev_3:20[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]In All His Love[/SIZE]
The sheep are anyone who becomes a Christian, Jn 10: 16. Heb 13: 20. 1 Pet 2: 25.

Polt said:
Okay, you say there are no Christians in church based on Rev_18:4, And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

How do you figure that church is Babylon, the "her" in Rev 18:4?

I know the Bible. I don't know you. So, tell me in your own words.
There is no Chirch in the Book of Revelation after chapter 3. The Church get raptured be fore the coming great tribulation.
There will be God's poeple, Israel and those who get saved during the trib.

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Alanforchrist said:
The sheep are anyone who becomes a Christian, Jn 10: 16. Heb 13: 20. 1 Pet 2: 25.
The Bible never makes this claim.

Alanforchrist said:
There is no Chirch in the Book of Revelation after chapter 3. The Church get raptured be fore the coming great tribulation.
There will be God's poeple, Israel and those who get saved during the trib.
NOWHERE does the Bible state ANYTHING about a Pre-Tribulation evacuation of Christians known as the "Rapture".

This is a false Protestant teaching that is only about 170 years old, which was conjured up by a man named John Nelson Darby, who became the father of the deception that is modern Dispensationalism.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ChurchAuthority said:
The Bible never makes this claim.

NOWHERE does the Bible state ANYTHING about a Pre-Tribulation evacuation of Christians known as the "Rapture".

This is a false Protestant teaching that is only about 170 years old, which was conjured up by a man named John Nelson Darby, who became the father of the deception that is modern Dispensationalism.

FYI those little numbers and letters in blue...those are verses from the bible!

ChurchAuthority

May 10, 2013
Episkopos said:
FYI those little numbers and letters in blue...those are verses from the bible!
YUP - and NONE of them teach the fairytale of a Pre-Tribulation "Rapture".
As a matter of fact - NOBODY in the Historic Christian faith taught that for 1800 years. As I stated before - it was invented by John Nelson Darby around 1830.

In short - you're following a completely manmade doctrine.