Simple account of true perfection. (Biblical perfection, not western)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://worthychristianbooks.com/a-plain-account-of-christian-perfection/

The author notes the Biblical statements and his own life , his own experiences, and some of the churches experiences or perspectives

concerning Christian perfection (attainable, even if rarely understood or accomplished) ....

Be becoming like a little child, Jesus says, to be holy with Him, as He Shepherds us.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Chapter 13 – Brief Thoughts on Christian Perfection

SOME thoughts occurred to my mind this morning concerning Christian perfection, and the manner and time of receiving it, which I believe may be useful to set down.

1. By perfection I mean the humble, gentle, patient love of God and our neighbour, ruling our tempers, words, and actions. I do not include an impossibility of falling from it, either in part or in whole. Therefore, I retract several expressions in our hymns, which partly express, partly imply, such an impossibility. And I do not contend for the term sinless, though I do not object against it.

2. As to the manner. I believe this perfection is always wrought in the soul by a simple act of faith; consequently in an instant. But I believe in a gradual work both preceding and following that instant.

3. As to the time. I believe this instant generally is the instant of death, the moment before the soul leaves the body. But I believe it may be ten, twenty, or forty years before. I believe it is usually many years after justification; but that it may be within five years or five months after it, I know no conclusive argument to the contrary. If it must be many years after justification I would be glad to know how many. Pretium quotus arroget annus?

And how many days or months, or even years, can any one allow to be between perfection and death? How far from justification must it be; and how near to. death?

LONDON, Jan. 27, 1767"

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that also includes the understanding of Lord or Master in the case of one's relationship with Christ

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that also includes the understanding of Lord or Master in the case of one's relationship with Christ
Included in the lessons:
(take your pick)
Table of Contents

Chapter 1 – The Doctrine of Christian Perfection

Chapter 2 – In What Sense Are Christians Perfect?

Chapter 3 – Further Explanations

Chapter 4 – Perfection in this Life

Chapter 5 – The Doctrine of Sanctification

Chapter 6 – Thoughts on Christian Perfection

Chapter 7 – The Work of God

Chapter 8 – The Great Challenge of the Soul

Chapter 9 – Further Thoughts on Christian Perfection

Chapter 10 – Further Thoughts on Christian Perfection (Continued)

Chapter 11 – Reflections

Chapter 12 – The Sum of What I Have Observed

Chapter 13 – Brief Thoughts on Christian Perfection

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?? If the text/ Scripture is not printed out, it is not seen ....