Sinning is not a mistake and a mistake is not sinning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
We see in some Christian circles that two things are done to minimize or excuse continued unrepented sinning. Some make hell less hot, and some make sinning less devilish.

The latter are more popular by calling sins mistakes, accidents, and even bloopers or oopsies.

This is a form of calling good, evil, and calling evil, good.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Mistakes of tripping, errors in math, forgetting car keys, etc... are not sins of transgression an unrighteousness against God, but are only the mistakes of men and women in natural bodies on earth. And the fact that good people do make such mistakes, only serves to keep us humble. It reminds the holy saints not to think we have already attained to the resurrection of the dead and been perfected in heaven.

Sinning doesn't make any man humble, but only rebellious against God, while aiding and abetting His enemy the devil. That is not by mistake nor a simple blunder. And humbling ourselves in the sight of God is by repenting of sinning. It is not as a perfectionist seeking to repent of any natural mistakes on earth.

Being a perfectionist on earth is not the calling of the perfect gospel of Jesus Christ. The prefect conversion of Jesus Christ by repenting of all sinning, is now having a perfect heart and blameless life walking with Jesus. That is good and holy promise of His gospel on earth, not of becoming a self-driven perfectionist.

A further more grievous error of Christian sinners, that call their sinning only a mistake, is that they only do do so for themselves. Their sins are only mistakes, but the sinners of the world are of the devil. They never call their own sinning devilish, ungodly, nor unrighteous. In their doctrine, only the sinning of others of the world is devilish and qualifies for judgement and condemnation of God, but never their own, even when doing the same thing.

Some also treat confession of sinning like saying we're sorry, without repentance, but rather just making an apology for something they did not intend, or could not prevent. You know, like mistakes and blunders.

This complies with another Christian teaching, that all men have sin and do sin by nature from cradle to grave, so that sinning is only another natural function. To them, confessing sinning is not from acting as an enemy of God, but is only akin to apologizing for unexpected burping in public.

Any and all sinning by any person on earth is of the devil and against God. God calls it unrighteousness, unholiness, and ungodliness, not just mistakes and bloopers and unexpected accidents of natural born people on earth.

It this Bible truth were preached, then I suppose less Christians would be so willing to claim to be sinners, and talk about their continued sinning without shame, but only something natural for all mankind on earth.

Reactions: Wynona and Azim

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I am right, sin is constituted by what you were aware of, what your intention was, and what you did with God's glory.

Repentance can remove what you were aware of from your intention, thus deactivating the sin - but God's glory is immutable, all you can do from then on (since repentance) is praise God.

I'm not sure getting a bee in your bonnet about people deactivating their sin the wrong way, is as constructive as it could be? That said, we do need to raise awareness of confession.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It this Bible truth were preached, then I suppose less Christians would be so willing to claim to be sinners, and talk about their continued sinning without shame, but only something natural for all mankind on earth.
Yes. The letters of the new testament never refer to Christians as sinners. Only saints.

Reactions: Ghada

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do people always talk about sinning so much?

Sin has been taken care of and done away with. Yes my fleshly nature does tend to desire to want to sin, and sometimes it is indulged but overall the new nature is the spiritual.

Shouldnt we talk about, love, joy, peace, kindness, humility, honesty, and things of this nature all while being honest with God about our short comings?

People find it a negative to call yourself a sinner, all people are sinners or are evil by fleshy nature. But that has been taken care of dying to those old ways into new ways by the spirit.

I called myself evil in front of this man today (looked him dead and the eyes too), and he understood once i told him the standards of my flesh, and i cant do anything good without christ; but he seemed a little iffy on Christ in general… like he may not be real or he may not be the answer, still have to love the man.

All of us are evil, though one can do good things the solution is looking to God in faith, and the spirit produces the righteousness of Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is defined in the actions of the flesh.James 1:14-15 KJV
....but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
The wages of sin is death, not just a physical death, for it appointed unto man once to die, then the judgement; but an eternal spiritual death.

Here are some scriptural descriptions of sin;

1Corinthians 6:9/10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, noe effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor theives, nor covetous nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Colossians 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Mark 7:29-23
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

There are also others but these are just a few on sin.
Here are about a fault., or mistake, oopsie these separate us from our brethren but may or may not separate us from God.

Galatians6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Matthew 18:15
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Ephesians 5:11-12
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Psalm 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is harmatia in the greek. It means to miss the mark. People who are faithful to God and walk by the spirit will not sin. Why? Because of the spirit of Christ in them can not sin when they abide in faith. However they still have the desires and wants of the body with its thoughts. It can come in and hinder you from doing what the spirit wants you to do and sometimes you do give in. Its so good to be honest with oneself about these things and be careful to not let what you choose no to partake in puff you up over others who still do have struggles and problems in their flesh. If you struggle you need to be honest not only with yourseld but to God and be honest with him and he will help you work on it, however it will only be abiding by faith and by the spirit of Christ that will help you overcome, but dont shame yourself either when you may fail… God still does care and love you… everyone fails every one and a while and it is okay… just be acknowledging of it with your Father.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I'm not sure getting a bee in your bonnet about people deactivating their sin the wrong way, is as constructive as it could be? That said, we do need to raise awareness of confession.
There is no wrong way to 'deactivate' sinning, so long as it is 'deactivated'. If you mean calling it a mistake helps to 'deactivate' anything, then it does the exact opposite.

With serious people and business in life, they don't want to hear about 'mistakes' nor sorry apologies, but only stop doing it.

Sinning is what kills souls and lives to God. It's not something to doctrine away as a mistake, blunder, nor oopsy.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are faithful to God and walk by the spirit will not sin. Why? Because of the spirit of Christ in them can not sin when they abide in faith. However they still have the desires and wants of the body with its thoughts. It can come in and hinder you from doing what the spirit wants you to do and sometimes you do give in.
Isn't that sinning?

Reactions: Ghada

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

I've seen this kind of accusation against Jesus before. Trying to make Him look like a real downer and bummer, when He first preaches to the people:

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The problem is that turning sin of Satan into some sort of natural function from birth, or just a mistake, or even silencing talk of it, doesn't make it and it's death just 'go away'. At the end of life the Father will still judge us all by our works, whether they be sinful or righteous.

At that time, the condemned with shame will truly wish they had made their sinning the central topic of their lives, until they had repented of doing it.

Listening to smoother stuff with a sort of silence of sin lambs, isn't the way to do it.
Sin has been taken care of and done away with.
Yes, I've heard this stuff about how all sinning of the world is now forgiven, and all the world will be in the new world dwelling with God forever.

Now if you can just convince everyone to stop talking about sin at all, then it won't even be in anyone's memory today. Afterall, why wait unto the new earth? You can do away with any sin-talk on this earth. Or at least in your own home.

There is only one God that wants all sinning to stop, and there is only one god that wants all talk about sinning to stop.

I preach for the former, and you preach for the latter. I suggest if you don't want sinning preached against and shown for what it does against God, then the first thing you can do is stop talking to me.

Believe me, I will not miss hearing about how sinning is no more an issue in this world with man, since it's all gone away in a puff of smoke above Jesus' cross.

Yes my fleshly nature does tend to desire to want to sin, and sometimes it is indulged but overall the new nature is the spiritual.
Nor will I miss your new age doctrine of ungodly on the outside, but divine on the inside.

You are perfectly free in this life to think about yourself any way you wish. Until the grave. Then God will still judge our works without respect of any person's beliefs about themselves.

You see your real problem here, is that Jesus' gospel that begins with repent ye, does not comply with your own personal la-la-land gospel and prophecy of the eternal future.

Just because you've fabricated some Alice in wonderland heaven out of the Bible, and use certain Bible words to dress it up, doesn't mean it's therefore Bible gospel truth.

Now, you can call yourself a Christian in this life, and no one will dispute that. There are Christians like you, and there are Christians like me.

You can also say you are saved by your gospel, and I'll not dispute that either. You are saved by your gospel, and I am saved by my gospel.

In the end, it's God that judges who is saved by Him and His gospel.

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Shouldnt we talk about, love, joy, peace, kindness, humility, honesty, and things of this nature all while being honest with God about our short comings?
I see you are doing as you preach. You don't talk about sinning. At least you're consistent.

Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

I'll add 'shortcomings' to the list of mistakes, blunders, bloopers, and oopsies. Got any others in your smooth gospel I can add?

We see of course how the thread is proven true. We also see how effective it is in smoking out the preachers of happy things, that treat sinning like an untimely burp, so that 'polite' Christians such as yourself can just ignore it altogether.
People find it a negative to call yourself a sinner,
Not on this site. Some even brag about it. Though they do say they now 'hate' it.

all people are sinners
Stop being so negative.

And stop lying about other people.

or are evil by fleshy nature.
Bad body! Don't do that no more, you bad bad body!!

Since sin is just another natural function of the body from cradle to grave, then why call something so natural as pooping, evil? It stinks yes, but it's only natural. And it's not my body's fault, since Jesus Christ makes all our bodies that way, including His own many years ago.

But that has been taken care of dying to those old ways into new ways by the spirit.
Can't have it both ways. An evil sinner is not a saint without sin, and vica versa. No evil saints, and not holy sinners.

There is a dysfunctionality to your gospel.

I called myself evil in front of this man today
Congratulations. It's good to be honest. It's even better to repent of doing evil.

(looked him dead and the eyes too),
Now we have a Brave New World gospel. The gospel of the bravery.

and he understood once i told him the standards of my flesh,
The standards of your flesh, which are made by Christ the same for all men, is not the blame for you sinning with it.

I consider the gospel of blaming the body for sinning, to be particularly insulting to Christ and even the world. Now, if there is some preaching I could stop around the world, it would be this one. That way I wouldn't have to endure explaining to any person the delusion of some Christian gospels.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

When I was a child trying to lie my way out of any punishment, I never even considered trying that one. My dad would have whipped me even harder, or maybe just kicked me out of his house and disowned me. He was not one to put up with such insults to his intelligence.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

and i cant do anything good without christ;
That's self explanatory, since you're so evil.

All of us are evil,
As I said.

I can only agree with you that all of you in your gospel body are evil. But you can still repent of your evil doing and be grafted into Jesus Christ's pure gospel body, in whom is no sin nor you evil children of the devil.

Are you now, like others, going to back track in the future and scold me for repeating your own words to you, howbeit without the pseudo-humility?

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Isn't that sinning?
Yes, though some people don't like to call it 'sinning', but something more polite, like a natural shortcoming.

It's the New Age gospel of spiritual purity and sinful living. Good on the inside, bad on the outside. Ungodly outside, divine inside.

We're all divine within, and all still evil without, and anyone daring to say they are not evil doers too, are not so divine.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Its because they were taught that "Christianity" is .... sin, confess, and repeat.

They were taught that 1 John 1:9 is for them, when in fact its 1 John 3:9 that is for the born again.

The entire problem is that after they were born again, some heretic led them to believe that " that which i hate i do", is "Christianity.
So, they've been believing that ever since.

Their FAITH is broken.

See, had they meat someone FIRST, after they were born again, who understands The Grace of God, and Teaches Paul's doctrine, then they would have learned this verse, instead as their FAITH.

"Christ ALWAYS..... gives.... me....the Victory".... over the flesh, the world and the Devil.

But instead, the person, the fool that taught them, only read Romans 7 and Galatians 5:17

"that which i hate i do"....

So, they live there now, as their deceived Christianity.

They go to 1 John 1:9 and confess., then sin again, then confess again, then repeat, until you DIE.

Result?

That's not Christianity, thats broken faith and deception.

Its what they've been taught to THINK and Do.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its because they were taught that "Christianity" is .... sin, confess, and repeat.

They were taught that 1 John 1:9 is for them, when in fact its 1 John 3:9 that is for the born again.

The entire problem is that after they were born again, some heretic led them to believe that " that which i hate i do", is "Christianity.
So, they've been believing that ever since.

Their FAITH is broken.

See, had they meat someone FIRST, after they were born again, who understands The Grace of God, and Teaches Paul's doctrine, then they would have learned this verse, instead as their FAITH.

"Christ ALWAYS..... gives.... me....the Victory".... over the flesh, the world and the Devil.

But instead, the person, the fool that taught them, only read Romans 7 and Galatians 5:17

"that which i hate i do"....

So, they live there now, as their deceived Christianity.

They go to 1 John 1:9 and confess., then sin again, then confess again, then repeat, until you DIE.

Result?

That's not Christianity, thats broken faith and deception.

Its what they've been taught to THINK and Do.
Im to the point I do not care about Christianity.

However, I do care about Yeshua, who was the anointed one.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Im to the point I do not care about Christianity.

However, I do care about Yeshua, who was the anointed one.

Its good to get your eyes on The Lord and off of "christians" as they can and will disappoint you.

I tell my students that "christians make the worst christians", and that is a Joke... however, it can be so.

Here is the enemy of the bible.

Its this one..

"Well, i think"
"Well, in my opinion".
"the original greek says".

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Sin is first defined by the actions of the heart.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Lusting of the heart is the devil's first sin and is the source of all sinning.

Christ comes to open the eyes to lust first, that our actions would then also be good and clean.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

So long as we still lust with the heart, then outwardly all our righteousness is jsut so much filthy rags with God.

Keeping the law is not the problem, but seeking jsutification by the law without a pure heart is the error Christ comes to circumcise from our hearts by His Spirit

Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This is where religion of man cannot be the pure religion of God with Christ dwelling and working with our hearts within.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Sin is harmatia in the greek. It means to miss the mark. People who are faithful to God and walk by the spirit will not sin. Why? Because of the spirit of Christ in them can not sin when they abide in faith. However they still have the desires and wants of the body with its thoughts. It can come in and hinder you from doing what the spirit wants you to do and sometimes you do give in.
You are of course the 'you' here, right. You should be saying 'I' when speaking about yourself as certainly will and do forsake the God's Spirit for lust of the world, correct?

Its so good to be honest with oneself about these things
Absolutely, when we are speaking about certainties in our own lives, then we should be honest with ourselves: Not every Christian is like us, especially not must be like us. Who is any Christian to judge and command all Christians to be like themselves?

I never speak for others, when speaking of myself personally. I never judge others falsely by proudly applying myself as the standard for all Christians.

There is only one example and Person for all Christians to be judged by: Jesus Christ.

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

No other Christian is Jesus Christ, therefore no such Christian should ever put themselves forth as The Example to judge all other Christians by.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? who art thou that judgest another?

My prayer on this site truly, is that such self-glorifying judges will repent and only speak of themselves, when it comes to how we are daily living as Christians. When I am speaking of my own life, I say I, not we and certainly not you.

It hinders empathy and prayers for others in their confessed failures, when they turn spitefully on other Christians and accuse them of being just the same and doing the same things as they.

Who art thou that judgest another?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are of course the 'you' here, right. You should be saying 'I' when speaking about yourself as certainly will and do forsake the God's Spirit for lust of the world, correct?

Absolutely, when we are speaking about certainties in our own lives, then we should be honest with ourselves: Not every Christian is like us, especially not must be like us. Who is any Christian to judge and command all Christians to be like themselves?

I never speak for others, when speaking of myself personally. I never judge others falsely by proudly applying myself as the standard for all Christians.

There is only one example and Person for all Christians to be judged by: Jesus Christ.

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

No other Christian is Jesus Christ, therefore no such Christian should ever put themselves forth as The Example to judge all other Christians by.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? who art thou that judgest another?

My prayer on this site truly, is that such self-glorifying judges will repent and only speak of themselves, when it comes to how we are daily living as Christians. When I am speaking of my own life, I say I, not we and certainly not you.

It hinders empathy and prayers for others in their confessed failures, when they turn spitefully on other Christians and accuse them of being just the same and doing the same things as they.

Who art thou that judgest another?
Okay.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
....but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
The wages of sin is death, not just a physical death, for it appointed unto man once to die, then the judgement; but an eternal spiritual death.

Here are some scriptural descriptions of sin;

1Corinthians 6:9/10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, noe effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor theives, nor covetous nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Colossians 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Mark 7:29-23
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

There are also others but these are just a few on sin.
Here are about a fault., or mistake, oopsie these separate us from our brethren but may or may not separate us from God.

Galatians6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Matthew 18:15
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

Ephesians 5:11-12
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Psalm 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
He says Christians ought not be talking about sinning so much, and here you are making a whole doctrine about it.

And quoting the Bible talking about sinning so much doesn't justify you doing so. ;)

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The point of the thread stands: Sinning is not a mistake, and mistakes are not sinning.