SinSinSin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that’s good news.

but unfortunately the vain glory seeking judaizer says but wait, ya gotta keep yourself saved.
You have to believe and continue to believe. That's not the work of a Judaizer. Believing is diametrically opposed to the works of the Judaizer.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that I need a little bit more from you as to what you mean by these verses.

I know that others have put forth the finger towards me in recent days; but I don't think that I have put forth the finger towards anyone else; except maybe in self-defense.
The thing is, they heard what He wrote. When will you?

Reactions: mailmandan

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have limited yourself if you think this is the only place in scripture that pertains to the gospel.
And it's a limited revelation of the gospel at that! You need to go to Romans for help understanding the significance and meaning of the death of Christ, and the resurrection of Christ.

Romans 4:25
25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

I don't think many Christians can articulate this.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's a limited revelation of the gospel at that! You need to go to Romans for help understanding the significance and meaning of the death of Christ, and the resurrection of Christ.

Romans 4:25
25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

I don't think many Christians can articulate this.
I’ve heard of this.. it’s the it’s all about me gospel, right?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm, the way I understand it is Judaism is a system of works to show forth ones righteousness, isn’t this what you teach?
No, Judaism teaches that you are MADE righteous by the works of the law, because that's what it appears that the law teaches. Paul explains that was the Israelites misunderstanding of the law, not what God intended by the law (Romans 9:31-32). But, both, Judaism and Christianity teach (correctly), that obedience to God shows you to be righteous. Of course, the Judaizer takes credit in and of himself for that (supposed) obedience, while the Christian recognizes that their obedience is a work of the Spirit in salvation.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Judaism teaches that you are MADE righteous by the works of the law, because that's what it appears that the law teaches. Paul explains that was the Israelites misunderstanding of the law, not what God intended by the law (Romans 9:31-32). But, both, Judaism and Christianity teach (correctly), that obedience to God shows you to be righteous. Of course, the Judaizer takes credit in and of himself for that (supposed) obedience, while the Christian recognizes that their obedience is a work of the Spirit in salvation.
Do you think Saul thought him self obedient to God as he persecuted the church?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean 'self obedient' as in he was 'obedient in and through his own ability and power to be obedient'? If so, he surely did not think that. It is through Paul that we learn about the Holy Spirit and the new creation that enables us to live holy and blameless for him.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, wait. I understand now, lol. 'Thought HIMSELF obedient to God as he persecuted the church'. Yes, of course. I explained that the Jews, particularly the Pharisees, thought themselves to be obedient to God as to win themselves a declaration of righteousness from God. Their measure of righteousness was stunted and narrow because it was measured outwardly only. That's why they couldn't come to the realization that they really weren't righteous and never could be. The Bible explains this in Matthew 23 and Philippians 3.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean 'self obedient' as in he was 'obedient in and through his own ability and power to be obedient'? If so, he surely did not think that. It is through Paul that we learn about the Holy Spirit and the new creation that enables us to live holy and blameless for him.
Then why do you keep presenting yourself as if you are Saul?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him , you can discard this post, lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.