Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one of the OSAS/ not-OSAS threads, it was suggested that REAL CHRISTIANS (TM) talk about actually being saved, rather than pointlessly arguing over OSAS. That sounded like a not half bad idea. The TITLE of the TOPIC comes from a story in Acts 16 ...
Now about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's chains were unfastened. When the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, thinking that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul called out with a loud voice, saying, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!" And the jailer asked for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear, he fell down before Paul and Silas; and after he brought them out, he said,
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." And they spoke the word of God to him together with all who were in his house. And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and was overjoyed, since he had become a believer in God together with his whole household. - [Act 16:25-34 NASB]​

So let's start with that question.
  • What do we need to know?
  • What do we need to believe?
  • What do we need to do?
  • What is "saved"?
  • What is the bare minimum?
  • What should we know/believe/do above and beyond the minimum?
Pick any one and share your insight.
A lost world needs to know.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a Jew. I knew practically nothing.

All I thought while reading the tract that was handed to me, was that Jesus was a man who loved God so much that he refused to sin, and that he wanted all men to love God in the same way. So, He died on the Cross so we could know that love He knew. That is what I thought. I became saved after saying the prayer.

What do you think the Gentiles could possibly know about Jesus when Peter preached to them?
For, they had been living in paganism....

God does not require much before we were saved to get us saved.

But! ............

He does require our very life after we are saved!

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom
you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sometimes Christians waste too much time thinking about before we were saved and how to get saved.
Its after we are saved that God wants us to keep on growing by grace and knowledge of God's Word IN OUR SALVATION.

grace and peace ..........

Reactions: atpollard