So I'm Switching Antivirus Programs...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It also depends on your computer and ISP. Remember any anti-virus software screens everything coming into your computer .... after windows has screened it .... after Firefox has screened it .... and so on.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
We have never bought the 'full' version of Avast... and it is more than sufficient. :D

And like you said, anything coming from your browser is screened by your browser, so there isn't a big deal to buy the bells and whistles... Most of the time, the bells and whistles are just something else that will need fixed later. LOL ... The more you add into your protection profile the more software conflicts you will have later down the road... :rolleyes:

Leviman

Aug 14, 2012
I thought MSE was very fast compared to other anti viruses. I reinstalled mcafee becasue i was having a problem with MSE and its real time protection turning off and not coming back on.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Malawarebytes is excellent,its basically free and will remove malware the others cant.It works very well with other antivirus programs.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
dilbert_linux3.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Like I said....

Like a woman in an abusive relationship....

They complain about the decent guys yammering how good they are for them, dismiss them and then go back to someone slamming them around and complain there's no good men out there. :rolleyes: to put this tech talk in a mundane example. :lol:

Now... for something other than the virus problems are the slow-ups even without viruses. That's what happens with the digital bloat and glut over time and I see it all the time. "My computer runs slowly, let's get a new one!" Now mine here is as fast as day one (about a year ago I loaded this). So I do Linux injustice when I say it's only the virus issues they don't have. Come and think of it, I haven't had the other typical PC problems, either. I almost forgot what it was like.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Seriously, why do you find me so threatening? Maybe because I'm right??? I hate to see people suffer out there. I really do because I've been threw it. Just listen to all of you and I don't have these problems and i'm humorously trying to offer something else.

Now. Next time you want to tell somebody about Christ, and they refuse Him and decide to live in misery, maybe it's the same mechanism at work? Yet I find Christians wondering why. It seems the same here. I really don't understand it all. Maybe you can help explain it to me instead of being confrontational --- after all isn't that what some politicians do when they can't defend their position and then just poke fun at the opponents?

And don't say my Linux suggestions are off-topic. They are very much on topic. The issue is about antivirus programs. And I offered my solutions. Sorry nobody is taking them to heart. I just wanted to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.