Something other….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:9 (NKJV)
But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are told that there are some mental gymnastics we are to avoid, being that they are unprofitable and useless…

The question would than be, how can one tell a good gymnastic from one that is to be avoided..? Seeing that mankind can make a case for anything to be profitable if one has the mind to do so, seeing that the mind of man can justify anything it wants…

So therefore than, the question needs to be asked, would the conversations be after Christ or self…? Do they elevate oneself, or a man, do they cause one to look to Christ or something other…. ?Whereas anything that gets one’s eyes off of Christ is that which is to be avoided…

Information is important but it is not the end, it is only a means to the end… Faith in Christ is the end, for seeing we all see unclearly and are lacking in areas, so than, if the conversation does not elevate one’s faith in Christ something other is the fruit of that conversation… The other is to be avoided… For it elevates the person and not Christ…

For the old creation and all it entails is to be done away with, therefore feeding this creation only makes it stronger and more entrenched in its doings… Wherefore this creation should be reckoned dead, rather then as with the other, it is being fed… For if it does not grow Christ in one it is of this world and is useful only in the growing of the life of self…Therefore it has no eternal significance and is unprofitable in the building up of the faith, for it is the flesh that is being glorified…

For glorying in one’s flesh and being glorified in one’s flesh are the things to avoid and all that this glorying entails…

Be blessed in the conversations that make for life and in the distinguishing of….

In the Beloved, Not me

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question would than be, how can one tell a good gymnastic from one that is to be avoided..?

When they stick the landing, for one thing ;)

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking things out of context can be humorous indeed… :)

Be blessed in the humor…

A believer, Not me

Think about what that means in context.
Do we fall flat in our face or do we stand?

It's not just a joke =]

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about what that means in context.
Do we fall flat in our face or do we stand?

It's not just a joke =]

Sorry, thought you were making a gymnastic joke, sticking on the landing, a term used, which I thought was pretty good, liking gymnastics in school..

But be so blessed in your relationship with Jesus..

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Reactions: post

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question would than be, how can one tell a good gymnastic from one that is to be avoided..?
When you figure out where it is going.....to the glory of God. Many such journeys turn out to be a hamster wheel, where there is a lot of action that takes us no where....furiously.
But that which points to and takes us to understanding of the Lord is worth the double flip with a twist

When they stick the landing, for one thing ;)
Very Apt actually.

Reactions: post

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you figure out where it is going.....to the glory of God. Many such journeys turn out to be a hamster wheel, where there is a lot of action that takes us no where....furiously.
But that which points to and takes us to understanding of the Lord is worth the double flip with a twist

Very Apt actually.

Be blessed in your learning of Christ..

A fellow learner, Not me

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, thought you were making a gymnastic joke, sticking on the landing, a term used, which I thought was pretty good, liking gymnastics in school..

Making a bit of humor, and also a fitting bit of wisdom, was my hope

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making a bit of humor, and also a fitting bit of wisdom, was my hope

I saw the humor and I believe I see the truth your pointing to…

Be so blessed in the truths we learn in Christ..

In the Beloved, Not me