Something praise worthy: A church that doesn't bend to trends

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to praise the Lord for my most recent experiences with a growing congregation. For the last 2 weeks I've attended a worship service at the only church that I was ever a member of (by my own choice). I'd stopped fellowshipping with that congregation over 10 years ago (for reasons not worth mentioning), but I wanted to see what that congregation had become (as it was growing rapidly when I stopped attending). In their new location they have a much larger facility to accommodate their various ministries and finally adequate parking for visitors and congregants, but more significantly, they've retained as of primary importance the preaching and teaching of the word of God. The Pastor was a young man in his first full pastorate when I met him and he's clearly grown in knowledge, discernment and wisdom. I'm greatly encouraged to see that congregation very much spiritually alive and well founded in truth. Over the past 10 years I've seen churches founder and stumble because of a lack of sound biblical preaching, excessive carnality among leadership, and a waning experience of sincere love for the brethren.
While its possible to draw crowds with false gospel messages and carnal doctrines, the pressures of life, the trials and tribulations we all suffer aren't answered by lies and deception. God blesses the church where the church remains faithful to His calling, but even this is by His own doing and for His glory. Amen. Praise His holy name, His power and His glory, even our Lord Jesus Christ, blessed forever. Amen.

Reactions: lforrest and StanJ

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've gotten no comments, good or evil, to my post, so I'll add one now that I've been in attendance for over a month at Grace Bible church (formerly Grace tabernacle). My first impression of the congregation since my return remains strong. I don't know if Pastor Randy's preaching has grown so much better as he's matured In his calling, or if I've just grown accustomed to hearing poor preaching for the last 10 years or so. I would imagine that the truth is more of a combination of the two. I've met a few of the long time congregants who knew me then and were warm in welcoming me back, but there are clearly hundreds of new faces, eager to learn, desirous to worship (though not all seem to know how) and so the pulpit must present things clearly and plainly. Guess what, when you present the word of God clearly and plainly, you grow saints. Its awesome, but its really old news.

I was praying for the congregations sake, and I was considering the fact that just as the season of cooler weather starts to threaten the North east (USA) there is suddenly a number of "accidents" to gas and oil lines of distribution which will drive the price of heating our homes up even higher than the regular annual season price bumps. This has actually happened more than once in the last few years, but the Lord ministered to me in my prayer and made some commitments to me for the sake of His people (He actually made these commitments through His word in the past, but many who call upon His name have lost confidence in His word.) The Lord, for the sake of His people and for the sake of His testimony, will bring warm winds to the North east through the fall and for as long as it takes the oil and gas companies to restore their normal services, so that His people, rather than using all their money to stay warm, will be able to use that money to help other people here and abroad to stay warm and fed and clothed. My apologies to those who are betting their money by investing in the suffering of others, the gain they sought will become their loss. Now, my prayer was intended to be for the benefit of this one congregation, but it was God that would make it be for a sign. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Christ did the same thing for every congregation that shares the name of Grace Bible church, because God honors His word and keeps it to His glory. A time is coming when God will demonstrate Himself powerful in the provision and protection of His church while He brings His enemies to ruin. These will not be easy and comfortable days, but the Lord will always provide for the needs of His own, even though we commonly fail to do so. God forgive our weakness (and He already has) and the Lord strengthen us to do His will, the righteous acts of the saints, that we shall not be found naked at His coming. Amen.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you my friend. When we are weak God is strong. Keep in mind that. Be in thought and prayer for you!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, God's always strong, but I get the point. Do you like my family crest? I grew up knowing it as 3 pine trees vertical, but the one I found on line is much cooler, especially the eagles. I may not have the wealth of my ancestors, but I'm grateful to have been adopted by the Lord and that's worth a bit more than what anyone can offer.

Reactions: Peccator