Soo Many Christians Have Their Minds On Why The Kingdom Of God Is Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 7-20-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 2 5783, 30th. Summer Day

When Jesus said But Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of GOD, And His Righteousness.......

We believe that besides all the things He has given to us, it is very important to 1st. seek His Kingdom to be caught-up with Him to be in His Kingdom, any other thoughts?

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Walter and Debbie!
Good subject. We must love Him first, always. To have the faith of Abraham! I cannot imagine being asked to sacrifice your son or daughter's lives but, it is what we must do. At the least, be "willing" to do the hard things.

God sure does bless both saved and unsaved with material goods. Food, clothes and a roof over our heads is all we "need". But I wonder, does He frown on us if we want to move into a better (safer) area? Would that be placing mistrust that He cannot protect you even where you are? The noise level here is horrible too. At this time I am looking, 2nd year at this house hunting. So, I often wonder if I'm being selfish wanting out of here so bad?
In Him Always!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Walter and Debbie!
Good subject. We must love Him first, always. To have the faith of Abraham! I cannot imagine being asked to sacrifice your son or daughter's lives but, it is what we must do. At the least, be "willing" to do the hard things.

God sure does bless both saved and unsaved with material goods. Food, clothes and a roof over our heads is all we "need". But I wonder, does He frown on us if we want to move into a better (safer) area? Would that be placing mistrust that He cannot protect you even where you are? The noise level here is horrible too. At this time I am looking, 2nd year at this house hunting. So, I often wonder if I'm being selfish wanting out of here so bad?
In Him Always!
Nancy, I know you are aware He knows everything, but He is also soon to come, and we are in prayer for you all, but this question I must ask, Have you been doing His will as you understand, realizing, of course, this question and I haven't answered your question yet until reasoning with you my Sister, but how do you answer a question with a question, simple some may say, but I'm not that kind of Christian and I must understand myself, Are you considering or have you gotten an answer from The LORD because I have ever since we have been here.

So my answer is no I don't think you are being selfish after you have considered what I'm saying, I also have been getting some revelations from the LORD in most of our recent posts but please keep us updated with your answer, hope that I have answered your question, thank you.

Love always, Walter

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, I know you are aware He knows everything, but He is also soon to come, and we are in prayer for you all, but this question I must ask, Have you been doing His will as you understand, realizing, of course, this question and I haven't answered your question yet until reasoning with you my Sister, but how do you answer a question with a question, simple some may say, but I'm not that kind of Christian and I must understand myself, Are you considering or have you gotten an answer from The LORD because I have ever since we have been here.

So my answer is no I don't think you are being selfish after you have considered what I'm saying, I also have been getting some revelations from the LORD in most of our recent posts but please keep us updated with your answer, hope that I have answered your question, thank you.
Love always, Walter
Thank you for the reply Walter,
I do His will as best I can, as I'm never around people my sin is burn out, concentration issues which interfere with my reading, praying and studying. I do have two of my sisters who I spend time in prayer, study and worship through facetime but, I am and have been weak in those areas so, of course I hear nothing when I pray about this. And as I said, it's been two summers now that I am searching.
If one that is within my budget opens up, I will bid on it...if I do not find anything this summer I must reason and figure The Lord want's me to stay put.
In Him always,
Nancy

Reactions: amadeus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply Walter,
I do His will as best I can, as I'm never around people my sin is burn out, concentration issues which interfere with my reading, praying and studying. I do have two of my sisters who I spend time in prayer, study and worship through facetime but, I am and have been weak in those areas so, of course I hear nothing when I pray about this. And as I said, it's been two summers now that I am searching.
If one that is within my budget opens up, I will bid on it...if I do not find anything this summer I must reason and figure The Lord want's me to stay put.
In Him always,
Nancy
How are things?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty much the same everyday! Thanks :) I have hope still, and never want to lose it, it's horrible when there is no hope in one's heart.

Spiritual gifts are what I desire more than anything this world can offer. Just do not have the support of a church or other Christians. What I do have is the knowledge that God is always in control and that is enough, amen!
In Him!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. What do you mean?'A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity'
    Just that I have no place to go other than driving out to see my one sister but, that is a long drive and I have to keep putting gas in the car so, it is not often. My other sister lives about just 25 minutes but, she works during the day. I do take my two little dogs to the park several times a week. Visit with my elderly neighbor now and then. Other than those things it's this site or research on all sorts of things and yes, The Lord and the scriptures take first place before the other things. Then, at night it's on here a couple times, check emails, pay bills. And it's usually at least one movie per night and foreign at that as, do not care for American made movies. Also, read and re-read several Christian authors...working on re-reading David W. Bercot's "Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up" Nothing else except an occasional lunch or dinner out with a couple friends. My life is very simple :)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Just that I have no place to go other than driving out to see my one sister but, that is a long drive and I have to keep putting gas in the car so, it is not often. My other sister lives about just 25 minutes but, she works during the day. I do take my two little dogs to the park several times a week. Visit with my elderly neighbor now and then. Other than those things it's this site or research on all sorts of things and yes, The Lord and the scriptures take first place before the other things. Then, at night it's on here a couple times, check emails, pay bills. And it's usually at least one movie per night and foreign at that as, do not care for American made movies. Also, read and re-read several Christian authors...working on re-reading David W. Bercot's "Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up" Nothing else except an occasional lunch or dinner out with a couple friends. My life is very simple :)
I see that The LORD has given you a good life, and I'm happy about that, please continue, our life is pretty much simple, and also every day the same following His teachings. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that The LORD has given you a good life, and I'm happy about that, please continue, our life is pretty much simple, and also every day the same following His teachings. :)
Nancy, Do you have any information on: A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity'?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O yes. He has given me more than I know and way more than I deserve, for sure. I do like simplicity :) Stress and I do not like each other, hahaha!

Glory to God as our brother so eloquently declares!

• Love
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O yes. He has given me more than I know and way more than I deserve, for sure. I do like simplicity :) Stress and I do not like each other, hahaha!

Glory to God as our brother so eloquently declares!
Nancy, In post # 10 on this, did you have time to answer whether or not you have any information on A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity'?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, Do you have any information on: A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity'?
Yes, I have the book "Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up- A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity". I started a Thread on it:

"How Does the Church today, differ from the world?"​

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have the book "Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up- A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the light of Early Christianity". I started a Thread on it:

"How Does the Church today, differ from the world?"

How Does the Church today, differ from the world?

Today I pulled out a book I bought a while back (Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up) and was looking through it. The author states the truth about "liberal" Christians" as well as "conservative" Christians. Here are some excerpts from the book: "Christians today frequently pride...
www.christianityboard.com
www.christianityboard.com

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 7-20-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 2 5783, 30th. Summer Day

When Jesus said But Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of GOD, And His Righteousness.......

We believe that besides all the things He has given to us, it is very important to 1st. seek His Kingdom to be caught-up with Him to be in His Kingdom, any other thoughts?

Love, Walter And Debbie
For me, looking back at the old testament and into the new testament, I see a loving God that has created laws and established them to promote the happiness and well being of the people, his children. I also believe heaven is a place of eternal peace, love and therefore happiness. That someday we may be able, thru Jesus the Christ to live with God and be part of his loving family in heaven.

And that is why I follow God the Father, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Walter and Debbie!

In Him Always!
I live in a high crime area with lots of homeless people, so there always pops up ways for me to help people. But I don't like a lot of the anger and resentment that some of the people around here have. I go to visit my Dad and he lives in a happy, low crime area. All the people wave and smile at each other. It is peaceful and I like to visit. But this is where God put me. I do desire the greener grass on the other side.

So I understand a little what you are saying perhaps?

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the phrase.."already but not yet"..
- meaning that the Kingdom of God is here, but will not reach its full expression..
until sometime in the future.
---
We are 'already' in His Kingdom, but we do 'not yet' see in its glory.
- Sometimes, we see/experience the glimpse of its glory..
- in the midst of 'the Move of God'..
- unlikely/humble places.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie