Spanish Train Wreck

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
You have probably seen the footage of the train that crashed in Spain. At least 80 people have been killed with, at least, 1 American.
It appears that the conductor was speeding.

Unless something happens in the next day or 2 that changes things, this is not meant as a controversial thread. You may just want to express your opinions on this accident.

So far the conductor appears to be alive. If he was speeding, I would think that he could possibly face multiple murder charges - although I'm only speculating and I don't know Spain's laws on this..

We'll see in the next day or two.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I would say he should face multiple counts of negligent homicide if it is determined that excessive speed was a main contributor to the crash and not poorly maintained equipment. Just because someone is speeding shouldn't make all actions automatically their fault.

However a scapegoat will be needed for this, so you know the conductor is going down regardless of the circumstances.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
There are a of of strange things about this train wreck ..... there were 2 engineers .... and one had phoned dispatch ahead of time to say they were speeding and were going to crash ... it was like he was asking for help and advice .... so either the other engineer was (purposely) causing the high speed .... and if not .... maybe the controls had locked and they could not slow it down for the curve.

There were many fail-safes in the system that did not work either.

The engineers were only slightly injured .... their cab remained intact .... the passenger cars got the worst of the impact.