Speaking Out Loud in the Silence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
I live alone, and consequently, have a lot of silence to fill.

This is not really a problem, as I readily speak and sing in tongues, and also love to sing worship songs...those I write with the Holy Spirit, and those that I hear and like.

But I find I also speak a lot out loud to YHVH, and when I am discussing things I am confused about, or that trouble me, I can't help wondering...am I complaining to G-d?

Am I speaking about others badly if I am working out an irritation or something that troubles me as I talk to Adonai?

When I hurt, or feel badly, and I want to talk things out with myself, is talking out loud going to pull strongholds into my life, or open windows and doors for the Evil One to come in, and use my own weaknesses against me?

It is written that life and death are in the tongue, and I do not want to be talking myself into sin, or giving leeway to the Adversary, but I do not know what is best in this matter.

All comment welcome.

Q

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
I am by no means an expert, but I do experience some of the same feelings.

I am terrible at prayer, I never know what to say or how to say it, but I do remember a sermon once when I was a new Christian about how our Father is also Daddy.
That we should feel comfortable talking all our problems and destresses out with our Daddy in heaven.

Im the sort to talk to myself out loud and Im the same with God. I think that if I complain about things to God its no different then thinking them to myself, he still knows, so why not talk it out. I always ask the Lord for wisdom at the end and thank him gratefully for everything and I am very sincere.

I genuinely find that what could have been blown out of proportion is soon defused over a short amount of time. the best thing to do is to pray for wisdom about something and then just start reading from any part of the NT. It doesn't take long until you see a way to deal with it.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

You only feel bad because you wont forgive yourself for feeling the way you do, but you did the right thing by taking it to your Father, so once you've done that trust that he has heard and understood how you feel. Ask him to help you to forgive others when they sin against you, and he definitely will because thats what he wants you to do also.

God loves you more than you realize and he looks forward to hearing from you no matter what the subject. He is excited when you wake and he watches over you while you sleep. Keep loving God as you do and keep talking to him.

And if you ever want to talk to a random human being, I always have an ear to bend and I am never judgmental just PM me.

I apologize if my comment doesnt help

God bless you
Mike

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Thank you Mike...it's kind of you to offer. Check your box.

I am not so much worried about what to say as what to NOT say! I have heard sermons from teachers I value that what you are saying out loud could be causing you problems...it is just this point that i am trying to learn more about.

Abba and I are working on a full restoration of healing to my body and mind since a car accident years back, and are making a lot of progress, but I have been taught that it is imperative to get your mouth as well as your actions in line with YHVH's will as stated in the Scriptures. To me, that has been about getting my personal actions in line with Yeshua's desires for me, as the Holy Spirit gives me information, but I am very troubled about my words being a trap for my feet, or opening doors to the Adversary.

I know I have in the past said a lot of careless things about myself, my circumstances, my friends, and I have seen it all used against me. I know I am fighting strongholds from curses on my family...people do not even realize how easy it is to say something to someone that the Adversary will use against them, or yourself.

Has anyone else out there experienced this? You words getting in the way of your walk?