Spiritual Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics Forum' started by rockytopva, Aug 7, 2013.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member Encounter Team

To share... In part... My testimony....

So, to read into the testimony, I did not keep the Pentecostal fires alive in my own life. And in reading up on the old Pentecostal bird, I am in good company. And... To read into the history of the churches... They all have their issues...

1. Ephesus – Left the first love… “All they which are in Asia be turned away from me…” – II Timothy 1:15
    2. Smyrna – Few faults in the Martyred church.
    3. Pergamos – Orthodox – *Doctrine of the Nicolaitans - Fornications OK
    4. Thyatira – Catholic – The Spirit of Jezebel is to persecute, control, and to dominate.
    5. Sardis – Protestant – A sardius is a gem, elegant yet hard and rigid. Doctrine in the head, little in the heart.
    6. Philadelphia – Methodist – Can't keep the revival hot.
    7. Laodicea – Charismatic – Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

*The doctrine of the Nicolaitans. As a youth Augustine lived a hedonistic lifestyle for a time, associating with young men who boasted of their sexual exploits with women and urged the inexperienced boys, like Augustine, to seek out experiences or to make up stories about experiences in order to gain acceptance and avoid ridicule. I would think this the reason of the destruction of the Roman Empire.

------------------------------------------------

So... We all have our issues. One of the reasons that true Pentecostals do not make pokes at other Chrsitian sects is because we know how hard it is to keep our own revival hot and growing. When people realize that facets of their faith have issues, they should look on the other Christian faiths with more kindness and mercy.

The Catholic and the Orthodox church is an inseparable part of the Christian faith. Sure they have their issues, but so does the other parts as well. As far as so called ministries such as CARM all I can say is that it is Sardisean doctrine... Doctrine in the head... Little in the heart, except for the spiritual variance.

If ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. - Galatians 5:15

Spiritual Cannibalism - When Christians bite and devour fellow Christians

I am a member of a Pentecostal Holiness Church. Of all the time I have been there I have not heard the first sermon against any other Christian sects. Most of my friends go to the Christian Growth Center (http://cgcchurch.com/) in Christiansburg, VA. Of all the time I known them I have never heard the first piece of gossip or negativity out of their mouth. No hint of Spiritual Cannibalism here!

Finally, let us put an end to cannibalizing one other. Others have issues and so do we.