Spoken Word and Written Word are the Same

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you not read,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So you know Jesus is real, do you spend time at His feet learning from Him??

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ

Revelation comes from God not from reading the bible.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

As I said , know its all about the Spirit not the flesh.

In all His Love

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
mjrhealth said:
Have you not read,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So you know Jesus is real, do you spend time at His feet learning from Him??

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ

Revelation comes from God not from reading the bible.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

As I said , know its all about the Spirit not the flesh.

In all His Love
Why use the scriptures, to try to point away from the scriptures?

If you do not read the scriptures, how can you discern which spirit comes to you? You are as a blind guide, without the light (the Word of God) guiding you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And may I ask what teh Holy Spirit was given for. Why do I quote bible text, because christians will not believe anything else, and in so limit God to a book.

I read the bible occasionally, if i did not how could i quote text from it but it is not my God, neither is it my teacher.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

In All His Love

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
mjrhealth said:
And may I ask what teh Holy Spirit was given for. Why do I quote bible text, because christians will not believe anything else, and in so limit God to a book.

I read the bible occasionally, if i did not how could i quote text from it but it is not my God, neither is it my teacher.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

In All His Love
I can tell you, the Holy Spirit wasn't given to you, to turn eyes away from the Bible. Without scripture, you are a blind guide. You lead other souls into turning away from the plain testimonies of the Word of God. How can you tell if the Spirit is from Jesus? Using your heart? That won't help you. And Satan can come will lots of truth, but that little tiny lie, which he uses to throw deception, and capture his targets.

I would advise you to read scripture more than a little. So long as the spirit turns you away from scripture, I can say that that Spirit is not the Holy Spirit.

You aren't going to post scripture again, to convince me to look outside of scripture. That is a fallacy, and makes no sense.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its funny that before the bible people could rely upon the one sent by Jesus, but now He is relegated like Jesus to the rear and being replaced by the bible, church and all sort of "mens" doing. And christians wonder why they dont grow,

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Do christians honestly believe that God could not save anyone without the bible, what have we done to the one that is all powerfull all knowing,

I am glad He is not as most think for if it where so, none would be saved.

In His Love

Axehead

May 9, 2012
mjrhealth said:
Its funny that before the bible people could rely upon the one sent by Jesus, but now He is relegated like Jesus to the rear and being replaced by the bible, church and all sort of "mens" doing. And christians wonder why they dont grow,

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Do christians honestly believe that God could not save anyone without the bible, what have we done to the one that is all powerfull all knowing,

I am glad He is not as most think for if it where so, none would be saved.

In His Love
I cannot disagree with anything you say. I think for the most part we must be speaking past each other. You have a topic in your head that you are speaking too, and I must not be addressing the same thing.

Shalom brother,
Axehead

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Axehead, I read many of your posts and mostly agree. I see teh bible like a GPS it points you to teh destination, but once you get there you are supposed to get out teh car and go inside. Even Jesus said exactly teh same thing. people read the bible, they think it can give them life, it cannot only Jesus can do that, but for Him to do it you have to go to Him, I get reminded of the Kung fu master and his apprentice, when teh apprentice says he knows everything, so the master takes a jug tells the student to hol his glass than proceed to fill it to overflowing, of course teh student asks what was tha for? and the master says, that is you, you are filled to overflowing I cannot teach you anything. When you empty your glass them come to me and than I can teach you. And that is how we must go to Jesus, empty wineskins waitmg to be filled with the new wine. But if you are filled with teh bible it can be like this text.

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I can live and learn without the bible but I will get no where without Jesus.

In All His Love

Axehead

May 9, 2012
mjrhealth said:
Hi Axehead, I read many of your posts and mostly agree. I see teh bible like a GPS it points you to teh destination, but once you get there you are supposed to get out teh car and go inside. Even Jesus said exactly teh same thing. people read the bible, they think it can give them life, it cannot only Jesus can do that, but for Him to do it you have to go to Him, I get reminded of the Kung fu master and his apprentice, when teh apprentice says he knows everything, so the master takes a jug tells the student to hol his glass than proceed to fill it to overflowing, of course teh student asks what was tha for? and the master says, that is you, you are filled to overflowing I cannot teach you anything. When you empty your glass them come to me and than I can teach you. And that is how we must go to Jesus, empty wineskins waitmg to be filled with the new wine. But if you are filled with teh bible it can be like this text.

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I can live and learn without the bible but I will get no where without Jesus.

In All His Love
Yes, the destination is Christ and I see Christ in everyone of the 66 books. I do not replace the Holy Spirit with the Bible. I cherish them both.