Star Gazing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: On Thursday, June 15th, the planet Mars will glide through the Beehive star cluster, producing a beautiful display for backyard telescopes. It will look as if a red supernova (Mars) has gone off inside the cluster. Mars is easy to find in the western sky shortly after sunset; it's right beside the planet Saturnhttp://spaceweather.com/

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this will give me something to look at on my bday. Thanks for the link.Ironically enough, I bought a couple astronomy books this weekend and I picked up a book by EW Bullinger, called Witness of the Stars, a few weeks back. I'm trying to do some studying on the topics and I've been fascinated with space since I was little.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I took an astronomy class last year because of my interest in the stars also. I realized that I did not like astronomy all that much after I learned there was a lot of math involved, yuck!!!Anyway, I do enjoy the stars. We live in a rural community on the plains so a short drive out of town puts you in the best seat in the house for stars. Being on the plains, the sky is huge; no trees to obstruct. We get a lot of people from the Denver area out here; particularly during meteor showers. Once and a while, we get northern lights which is spectacular.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(gibby)
I took an astronomy class last year because of my interest in the stars also. I realized that I did not like astronomy all that much after I learned there was a lot of math involved, yuck!!!Anyway, I do enjoy the stars. We live in a rural community on the plains so a short drive out of town puts you in the best seat in the house for stars. Being on the plains, the sky is huge; no trees to obstruct. We get a lot of people from the Denver area out here; particularly during meteor showers. Once and a while, we get northern lights which is spectacular.
Im with you on the math thingy gibby

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Huge Asteroid to Fly Past Earth July 3 By Joe RaoSPACE.com Skywatching Columnistposted: 26 June 200611:50 am ET An asteroid possibly as large as a half-mile or more in diameter is rapidly approaching the Earth. There is no need for concern, for no collision is in the offing, but the space rock will make an exceptionally close approach to our planet early on Monday, July 3, passing just beyond the Moon’s average distance from Earth. Astronomers will attempt to get a more accurate assessment of the asteroid’s size by “pinging” it with radar. And skywatchers with good telescopes and some experience just might be able to get a glimpse of this cosmic rock as it streaks rapidly past our planet in the wee hours Monday. The closest approach occurs late Sunday for U.S. West Coast skywatchers.