Statue of Liberty needs a nose job

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apollo. And "she's" actually a he.

I think if we're going to divide America over pagan allusions then we're in big trouble. Starting with our Calendar and the names of the days of the week. All gleaned from pagan god and goddess names.

Then we have our Capitol with its Masonic grid and lei lines. The list is long actually.

Whereas the Greek Apollo made no such invitation to strangers of foreign lands who were poor and the huddled masses when occupying the Greeks pantheon of deities. Though he was the god of the sun and was the overseer of a great many areas that benefited Greek society. Prophecy, truth, healing, music, and so forth.

Whereas the Statue of Liberty is a nickname. The real full name of the statue is Liberty Enlightening The World.
And though the SoL is considered female if you look closely at the tunic there are no breasts. Not even close to curvature.

On a personal note, I'd love to have contract for the vinegar and salt solution if this cleaning gets underway. :p Can you imagine the smell on a balmy day when the vinegar scent catches on the air? On a positive note, it would at least drown out the smell of Jersey.

(runs)
:D

Reactions: Lambano and Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or full gender-reassignment surgery?
Careful. We could give the rainbow activists ideas.
clear.png

Reactions: Lambano

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statue of Liberty needs a nose job
305’ tall STATUE OF LIBERTY
“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

Civil was ended June 02, 1865

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, in the United States. The copper statue, was a gift from the people of France to the people of the United States, was designed by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and its metal framework was built by Gustave Eiffel. The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.

View attachment 20517

According to the National Park Service, the idea of a monument presented by the French people to the United States was first proposed by Édouard René de Laboulaye, president of the French Anti-Slavery Society and a prominent and important political thinker of his time. The project is traced to a mid-1865 conversation between Laboulaye, a staunch abolitionist, and Frédéric Bartholdi, a sculptor. In after-dinner conversation at his home near Versailles, Laboulaye, an ardent supporter of the Union in the American Civil War, is supposed to have said: "If a monument should rise in the United States, as a memorial to their independence, I should think it only natural if it were built by united effort—a common work of both our nations." The National Park Service, in a 2000 report, however, deemed this a legend traced to an 1885 fundraising pamphlet, and that the statue was most likely conceived in 1870. In another essay on their website, the Park Service suggested that Laboulaye was minded to honor the Union victory and its consequences, "With the abolition of slavery and the Union's victory in the Civil War in 1865, Laboulaye's wishes of freedom and democracy were turning into a reality in the United States. In order to honor these achievements, Laboulaye proposed that a gift be built for the United States on behalf of France. Laboulaye hoped that by calling attention to the recent achievements of the United States, the French people would be inspired to call for their own democracy in the face of a repressive monarchy."

Statue of Liberty needs to be cleaned, polished, bringing back the shine of our democracy.

The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, in the United States. Wikipedia

A 1-min walk from the Statue of Liberty National Monument

Address:
New York, NY 10004
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Fri
Phone: (212) 363-3200
Artist: Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi
Height: 305′
Construction started: September 1875
Established: October 28, 1886
Opened: October 28, 1886
Media: Copper, Gold, Steel, Cast iron

Here's how to clean the Statue of Liberty copper with an old standby: vinegar.
Mix 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup flour and enough vinegar to make a thick paste.
Use a soft cloth to rub the paste on the surface of the copper.
Buff the copper item until it shines.
Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.
How to Use Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
You can make another natural cleaner by mixing lemon juice (or vinegar) and baking soda into a sudsy mixture. Apply to the copper and buff with a soft cloth. Rinse with water and dry. These mixtures work because the acid in the vinegar or lemon juice strips the oxidized patina from the copper and the salt acts as a mild abrasive to remove the grime. You can also use lime juice instead of lemon.

• Once done her original beauty will sparkle in the moonlight.
Personally, I think that we should give it back to France.
Liberty is a great and Christian idea. Democracy not so much. France gained her Liberty through revolution against God appointed authority and a liberal use of madame "guillotine " upon the French nobility and church leadership, the hated aristocracy. This was part of the early fruit of the "age of enlightenment."
Some more of that fruit was the American Revolution (which was not supported by all Americans, but promoted by wealthy businessmen whose profits were diminished by taxation and unfair monopolies held by British companies.)
It's not a coincidence that the Boston Tea party was the work of members of the Boston Masonic lodge, who remain quite proud of the fact. Doesn't everybody love a generic god who turns a blind eye to rebellion and greed?

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I think that we should give it back to France.
Liberty is a great and Christian idea. Democracy not so much. France gained her Liberty through revolution against God appointed authority and a liberal use of madame "guillotine " upon the French nobility and church leadership, the hated aristocracy. This was part of the early fruit of the "age of enlightenment."
Some more of that fruit was the American Revolution (which was not supported by all Americans, but promoted by wealthy businessmen whose profits were diminished by taxation and unfair monopolies held by British companies.)
It's not a coincidence that the Boston Tea party was the work of members of the Boston Masonic lodge, who remain quite proud of the fact. Doesn't everybody love a generic god who turns a blind eye to rebellion and greed?

Um, America gained her liberty through revolution against God appointed authority.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um, America gained her liberty through revolution against God appointed authority.
Absolutely. All authority comes from God, not just some. That's not my idea but the explicit statement of the Apostle Paul and based upon the teaching of Jesus Christ.

11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.” John 19:11

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Romans 13:1

Not one verse in scripture says that the authority has to be "good" or righteous, and not one verse in scripture ever authorizes rebellion, not one.

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. All authority comes from God, not just some. That's not my idea but the explicit statement of the Apostle Paul and based upon the teaching of Jesus Christ.

11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.” John 19:11

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Romans 13:1

Not one verse in scripture says that the authority has to be "good" or righteous, and not one verse in scripture ever authorizes rebellion, not one.
Yes, but I'd suggest Paul was one of those governing authorities being he was Pharisee.
And if we, who some insist are a Christian nation or should be in our governance, would we exist as a free America today? Because if we followed the Bible we'd still have agreed to be under the governing authority of the crown. Henceforth, revolt against that would have been revolt against God's governing authority.

Jesus even rebuked the governing authority of the temple men remember. Had it not been for that first Christians wouldn't exist to make the prior Christian nation observation possible.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but I'd suggest Paul was one of those governing authorities being he was Pharisee.
And if we, who some insist are a Christian nation or should be in our governance, would we exist as a free America today? Because if we followed the Bible we'd still have agreed to be under the governing authority of the crown. Henceforth, revolt against that would have been revolt against God's governing authority.

Jesus even rebuked the governing authority of the temple men remember. Had it not been for that first Christians wouldn't exist to make the prior Christian nation observation possible.
Many early colonists were indeed Christians, some fleeing persecution for their rejection of papal authority, or the authority of "the church of England". The fact that the revolution was successful is an indication that it remained within God's sovereign plan, but God's plan has always utilized unrighteous men to bring judgment through the sword. Those who are instruments of judgment one day, are themselves judged upon another.

52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
Matthew 26:52

I think that this is part of the mystery of iniquity, that God uses unrighteous men to accomplish His will. If "there is no one righteous " and God alone is good, then the only raw material God has among men, all have to be sources of iniquity. Eg. Saints are saints because God takes unrighteous men and makes them saints.
This isn't a popular view point, but it is a biblical one.

Reactions: Abigail and Nancy
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Matthew 26:52
Thank you for posting that biblical verse.
I had not read it before, again thanks :)-
Here are a few that I have saved over time—

Ten Commandments
(6) Thou shalt not kill. Commandment; six (6)
(7) Thou shalt not commit adultery. Commandment; seven (7).
(8) Thou shalt not steal. Commandment; eight (8)
(9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Commandment; nine (9).
(10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Moses brought down a stone tablet with the above words carved into it.
Along with the above verses, in the KJV of the Old Testament the term “stranger” is used 128 times.

Here is one of those verses—
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

There are 127 other verses where you can find the term, stranger.

Another interesting point is that the above commandments are included in the “laws” of every country on the face OF THIS PLANET,

Or so I remember,.,.,.,., how about you?
:)-

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for posting that biblical verse.
I had not read it before, again thanks :)-
Here are a few that I have saved over time—

Ten Commandments
(6) Thou shalt not kill. Commandment; six (6)
(7) Thou shalt not commit adultery. Commandment; seven (7).
(8) Thou shalt not steal. Commandment; eight (8)
(9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Commandment; nine (9).
(10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Moses brought down a stone tablet with the above words carved into it.
Along with the above verses, in the KJV of the Old Testament the term “stranger” is used 128 times.

Here is one of those verses—
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

There are 127 other verses where you can find the term, stranger.

Another interesting point is that the above commandments are included in the “laws” of every country on the face OF THIS PLANET,

Or so I remember,.,.,.,., how about you?
Moral codes and laws are far older than the written scriptures.

The Heavenly host doesn't consist of just angels, but of rulers, powers, principalities, all with God appointed responsibilities in governing an unregenerate mankind under the dominion of sin. Israel isn't the only nation that practiced blood sacrifices. Even the demons recognize that blood is required for the propitiation of sin, but being unclean and deceiving spirits they present perversions of the truth.

Civilizations like the Aztecs, Mayan, and Incans practiced human sacrifice in propitiation of their demonic gods. The bible tells us that the Canaanites did similar practices with unwanted children.

When Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, those prophets of Baal cut themselves, shedding a portion of their own blood in the attempt to recruit their demonic gods to support their effort against Elijah.

The nations all had forms of law intended to preserve their society, but like our own, those legal codes are perverted to allow or promote the pleasures of sin.

In California there is a private club called Bohemian Grove, where rich and influential people gather to indulge in all manner of immoral behavior and ritual practice before a rock formation that resembles a large owl and that they call Molech. It's a very exclusive club, but some photographs of men dressed as Templars engaging in pagan ritual have made it into the public domain as well as personal accounts of their activities.

This is nothing new, but we have accounts of Ben Franklin participating in similar activities in France while our ambassador. High level Free Masons like Aleister Crowley hosted similar events on their own property with impunity because of social status and under the umbrella of private property rights and liberty.

Having laws that recognize certain practices as righteous is not an indication of a nation that is righteous, nor is any profession of faith an evidence that an individual is righteous. Self righteousness is the nominal process of self justification as reason to condemn others, what Jesus identified as the leaven of the Pharisees. The United States has been engaging in warfare over the course of my entire life with the justification of spreading or preserving democracy, frequently over "democratic " governments that we helped institute without regard to the will or desire of the local population. Apparently its just coincidence that we're more inclined to build democracies in places where our businesses can prosper or gain advantage.

Governments and religions remain a part of the system of this world and under the dominion of "the enemy." Salvation is not just deliverance from condemnation, but deliverance from the system of this world and entrance into God's kingdom. We will never see its fullness until Christ's return and all the Kingdoms of this world are delivered into His hands.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Governments and religions remain a part of the system of this world and.,.,.,.,.,.
I got a lot out of your post. Having said that, I am more interested in the spread of “moral” values. Your post was informative in the spread of evil doings, spreading a little morality is what I want to read about most.

Again, having said that, thanks for your well thought out post.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a lot out of your post. Having said that, I am more interested in the spread of “moral” values. Your post was informative in the spread of evil doings, spreading a little morality is what I want to read about most.

Again, having said that, thanks for your well thought out post.

I appreciate that. It's called hungering and thirsting for righteousness. Since scripture says that there is no one righteous, then true righteousness is only found in Him, the Lord our Righteousness, even Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.

Reactions: pleaseforgiveme