Statue of Liberty needs a nose job

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statue of Liberty needs a nose job
305’ tall STATUE OF LIBERTY
“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

The American Civil War ended June 02, 1865

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, in the United States. The copper statue, was a gift from the people of France to the people of the United States, was designed by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and its metal framework was built by Gustave Eiffel. The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886.

upload_2022-2-10_20-41-54.png

According to the National Park Service, the idea of a monument presented by the French people to the United States was first proposed by Édouard René de Laboulaye, president of the French Anti-Slavery Society and a prominent and important political thinker of his time. The project is traced to a mid-1865 conversation between Laboulaye, a staunch abolitionist, and Frédéric Bartholdi, a sculptor. In after-dinner conversation at his home near Versailles, Laboulaye, an ardent supporter of the Union in the American Civil War, is supposed to have said: "If a monument should rise in the United States, as a memorial to their independence, I should think it only natural if it were built by united effort—a common work of both our nations." The National Park Service, in a 2000 report, however, deemed this a legend traced to an 1885 fundraising pamphlet, and that the statue was most likely conceived in 1870. In another essay on their website, the Park Service suggested that Laboulaye was minded to honor the Union victory and its consequences, "With the abolition of slavery and the Union's victory in the Civil War in 1865, Laboulaye's wishes of freedom and democracy were turning into a reality in the United States. In order to honor these achievements, Laboulaye proposed that a gift be built for the United States on behalf of France. Laboulaye hoped that by calling attention to the recent achievements of the United States, the French people would be inspired to call for their own democracy in the face of a repressive monarchy."

Statue of Liberty needs to be cleaned, polished, bringing back the shine of our democracy.

The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York City, in the United States. Wikipedia

A 1-min walk from the Statue of Liberty National Monument

Address:
New York, NY 10004
Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Fri
Phone: (212) 363-3200
Artist: Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi
Height: 305′
Construction started: September 1875
Established: October 28, 1886
Opened: October 28, 1886
Media: Copper, Gold, Steel, Cast iron

Here's how to clean the Statue of Liberty copper with an old standby: vinegar.
Mix 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup flour and enough vinegar to make a thick paste.
Use a soft cloth to rub the paste on the surface of the copper.
Buff the copper item until it shines.
Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.
How to Use Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
You can make another natural cleaner by mixing lemon juice (or vinegar) and baking soda into a sudsy mixture. Apply to the copper and buff with a soft cloth. Rinse with water and dry. These mixtures work because the acid in the vinegar or lemon juice strips the oxidized patina from the copper and the salt acts as a mild abrasive to remove the grime. You can also use lime juice instead of lemon.

• Once done her original beauty will sparkle in the moonlight.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The donation part was a joke. The un-Americans here are in need of a brain transplant.

Where are they going to find enough brains that work good enough for the un-Americans in need of a brain transplant? Would an ant's brain be big enough to use then?

:rolleyes:

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are they going to find enough brains that work good enough for the un-Americans in need of a brain transplant? Would an ant's brain be big enough to use then?
My brain is not big enough to comprehend what you just said.
At 72 I seem to stray a bit.

Reactions: amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Me too!!! (And I'm not 70 till March And looking so forward to it!!!) some of this older stuff I am experiencing I have to make fun of to be comfortable with it. I have an essential tremor that is pronounced on my left side that I just make fun of. it's not going anywhere soon :D

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

My response was in reply to part of a post that you had made, which now has been deleted.

I did not delete the post or part of that post where you had said, "The donation part was a joke. The un-Americans here are in need of a brain transplant."

Perhaps you need to be able to to stand by what you had posted rather than to delete the "said words" from the record and then pretend that you did not say what I had responded to.

I think that you are right when you said that your "brain is not big enough to comprehend" that your actions have been found you out.

Reactions: pleaseforgiveme
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

Civil was ended June 02, 1865

I was praising France for giving the USA this statue just after the Civil War.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was praising France for giving the USA this statue just after the Civil War.

I was not trying to give you a shovel to dig a bigger hole for yourself. Your above post is not addressing why you chose to delete the post that I had quoted, before you had deleted the post or part there of, which I had quoted, in my reply to your post which is no longer there.

Oh well, they tell us younger blokes to respect our elders, but that does not include people who do not stand by what they post.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In any event, that color is called ‘patina’ and you don’t want to keep getting rid of it with Polish. Copper used outdoors is SUPPOSED to turn green. They could have used Stainless Steel if they wanted ‘shiny’.

PS. I like the statue and have three great grandparents and a grandparent that all saw Lady Liberty on their way to Ellis Island. I was impressed when I visited it, too.

Reactions: pleaseforgiveme
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
305’ tall STATUE OF LIBERTY
“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
:)-

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I stand by my post & I deleted nothing, the moderator did
:)-

The moderators sometimes misplace their laughing matter and stuff up the context of a thread, particularly when other members have already quoted the post that thye have deleted, which I was sure said in jest just as my response was also.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which pagan deity?
Apollo. And "she's" actually a he.

I think if we're going to divide America over pagan allusions then we're in big trouble. Starting with our Calendar and the names of the days of the week. All gleaned from pagan god and goddess names.

Then we have our Capitol with its Masonic grid and lei lines. The list is long actually.

Whereas the Greek Apollo made no such invitation to strangers of foreign lands who were poor and the huddled masses when occupying the Greeks pantheon of deities. Though he was the god of the sun and was the overseer of a great many areas that benefited Greek society. Prophecy, truth, healing, music, and so forth.

Whereas the Statue of Liberty is a nickname. The real full name of the statue is Liberty Enlightening The World.
And though the SoL is considered female if you look closely at the tunic there are no breasts. Not even close to curvature.

On a personal note, I'd love to have contract for the vinegar and salt solution if this cleaning gets underway. :p Can you imagine the smell on a balmy day when the vinegar scent catches on the air? On a positive note, it would at least drown out the smell of Jersey.

(runs)