Suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will God forgive?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You know the teachings of the church. Suicide usually is the ultimate act of selfishness. I'm not able to speak for God, but I have serious doubts he would be able to forgive that because there is no opportunity to repent afterwards.

Do you know how much God loves you? When I pray for you I can feel the Spirit rising up in me. I think God wants you to lean on him a lot more right now, and in the future. If you are thinking of giving up your life, try dedicating it to God and give him a chance to make it better. He is the only one who can give this life meaning, and there are so many promises.

I will be praying.

Reactions: aspen

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a doctrine uttered in secret that a man is a prisoner who has no right to open the door to his prison and run away; this is a great mystery which I do not understand. Yet I too, believe that the gods are our guardians, and that we are a possession of theirs. ...And if one of your possessions, an ox or an ass, for example took the liberty of putting himself out of the way when you had given no intimation of your wish that he should die, would you not be angry with him, and would you not punish him if you could? ...Then there may be reason in saying that a man should wait, and not take his own life until God summons him, as he is now summoning me. - Socrates

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suicide is scary but sometimes I want to do it. I know it is not polite conversation, but it is definitely a private indulgence for me. The hardest part for me is thinking it through theologically. God gets pissed about me wanting to check out of His nightmare?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... the good news is that suffering for we Christians is temporary. In contrast to the eternities something that wewill soon forget about. It is important for you to talk to us by the way, no matter how negative it may go.

The gospel writer Luke held to a good life until he was martyred.

Luke, was born in Antioch, by profession, was a physician. He had become a disciple of the apostle Paul and later followed Paul until his [Paul's] martyrdom. Having served the Lord continuously, unmarried and without children, filled with the Holy Spirit he died at the age of 84 years.

If he can do it so can you. There are treasures we can get out of dark times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqSnTr7Sg8

Reactions: KingJ

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Aspen ~ the team would very much like to chat with you privately. I hope you understand just how much we care about you brother... :unsure:

Angelina! xx

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
God I pray for Aspen, and God I ask you to protect him from satan and the demons which are obviously coming against him..please Father touch his heart and mind with your Holy Spirit, and give him your blessings in his life to carry on the fight, and give him strength and courage and your complete armour God to come against satan and his demons, and drive them away from him...he is your child God so we ask that you give him your hand of protection from all evil and from the evil one...I pray this in Jesus name...amen

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Psalms 30:4-5

All things in this life are temporary, yet we can make decisions that are final. In these times of decision we are committing ultimate acts of rebellion, stating we do not trust God in these situations, so we must take matters in our own hands.

Father I pray for your comfort for Aspen, and I pray you reveal to him the love he so desperately needs right now. God I trust what others intend for evil, you intend for good. Allow your light to shine through these dark times in Aspen's life and illuminate the good that will come through this struggle. In Jesus' name. Amen

Abby1

Nov 19, 2014
To anyone contiplating suicide: Did you know that your Creator loves you? Do you know that He loves you so much He gave His life for you? What greater love is there? Do you know that He provided a way, The Way, for you by giving you a Savior to look upon and make you worthy in His eyes? Do you know that if you truly believe upon Him as your Savior (which make you cleansed) and what He did for you, you will live. This living is eternal and gives you eternal peace within your soul. Did you know that He will never leave you or forsake you? He is your Mighty Councelor. He is there waiting for you to turn to Him and not to idols, mankind, or to the prince of this world with all his evil spirits who like to cause torment and confusion. Do you understand why you are here on this earth? Do you understand the spiritual warfare? Have you put on your Gospel Armor?
Do you know that suicide is a pre-meditated murder of one of His children and it pains Him when one thinks so low of themselves they do this? Do you know His Word to where you believe within your heart it is True? Do you really know your Savior, Mediator, and Councilor? He comes in the volumn of the Book. He is the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End. Do you know He wants a relationship with you? He does not want your sacrifices but YOUR LOVE from YOUR HEART. Do you truly love Him? Seek Him. His yoke is easy. Allow Him.

Father, we lift up all here who are in this world tormented within of feeling unworthy. We rebuke all evil spirits from them and send them back where they came from in the name of Your son, Yeshua. We pray these souls seek You through Your Word. Give them Your Strength as they are Counciled by You and those of Your calling. Give them Your Peace. We pray they become strong soldiers for You, Lord. We ask for Your Wall of Protection. We love You, Lord and thank you for Your Love. In Yeshua's name. Amen.

Psychduck

Feb 2, 2015
Apen, this is your former wife. I got an account and posted this am in response to one of the other threads. I didn't realize you had started this thread... I don't intend to be super active on this site, but having seen your post I needed to respond. Aspen, the issue of God's forgiveness is a side one. What is more important is that many people love you and are willing to help. We have both been through dark times and seen one another to the other side. You can do it again if you reach out to those people in your life. Keep breathing and please remember all you have to offer this world. One day at a time, one minute or one second at a time if need be. I'm sorry it is so dark right now. Dawn will come. Please, please reach out to support people beyond this site. Wishing you peace and healing.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need this forum to talk out my pain. This is me reaching out. I am not attacking you I am voicing my pain. This is an anonymous board and I feel paralyzed right now. I am at risk of being fired - 3 day missed - I can't deal with my clients problems. So I am going to post here and I am not going to defend myself.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Very understandable Aspen. Everyone has their own ways of working through trauma, and IMO talking out your feelings anonymously in a place like this is a pretty healthy way to do it.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen,

Have you read the story of Gideon lately? It can be pretty comical if you slow down and contemplate what is happening. Go to Judges chapter 6. We see Gideon hiding in the wine press. And angel comes to him and says, "The Lord is with thee, thou mighty man of valour". Mighty man? Of valour? He's hiding in a wine (whine) press! And the angel has the audacity to call him a mighty man of valour! The story gets funnier if you slow down and read it.... For example, the angel has some mighty weapon that shoots fire. Great! That would do well against the enemies! What ends up happening? God tells him to decrease his army to a mere 300 and tells him to surround a great army and gives him some laterns and words to say! WOW! What a plan!

My point is that Gideon was not behaving as a mighty man of valour, yet he was because the Lord said he was. And it's not an event that was a one time deal. Many times God said he picked who he picked without regards to "strength". I hope you can reflect on that and I'll give you more examples if you'd like.

Personally, I think Paul contemplated suicide. He said at times he'd rather be with the Lord, but for the good of his followers, he stuck around. Read the book of Ester.... The greatest line is "how do you know your whole life isn't leading up to this one event where you can save your brethren" (Paraphrasing)

No, you are not Paul nor Ester. One man and one woman, whom of course, we hold in high regards. But how do you know what God has planned for you? Maybe not as great as Paul, Ester or Gideon.... Maybe greater! But maybe it's a matter of one soul you will make a difference for!

I have a love/hate relationship with Romans 8:28 and Acts 15:28. Bear with me in my folly! See, they say that all things work together for good to them that love God. They also say that God will not lay more upon us that we can bear. Well, I believe them, but at times, I say, "Really, God?" He must be having a grand ole time watching us struggle sometimes! (I said, bear with me in my folly!)

Think of Joseph in Egypt... His own brothers sold him out, he clawed back only to be knocked down again, and in the end... He saved the world (at least he did something that saved that region of the world and his brethren). He proclaimed, "You meant harm, but God did it for good!"

It may be embarassing to compare yourself to Paul, Ester and Joseph. I understand that. But God said if you are faithful over a few things, he will make you a ruler over many. So cheer up! If you get through this delemna, God's got bigger ones planned for you! But, all things work together for good....

Read Hebrews 11 next.... The roll-call of those who had faith. You may be thinking, "My problems aren't as big as theres!" True, maybe. But God's working with you. I don't believe there will be another book of the Bible written, but if there were, wouldn't you like to be part of Hebrews chapter 11? My scripture on that thought is Mat 25:21.

So Aspen, you mighty man of valour... Rise up! With food and rainment be content. Trust in the Lord. And above all set you affections on things above.

Is suicide a sin that God will not forgive? Don't know. But I do know I am not going to do that.... I don't think anyone who trusts in the Lord will either. They will have their moments of weakness, but they will rise.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
aspen said:
Suicide is scary but sometimes I want to do it. I know it is not polite conversation, but it is definitely a private indulgence for me. The hardest part for me is thinking it through theologically. God gets pissed about me wanting to check out of His nightmare?
Aspen I was once where you are now. My life was shattering around me and I couldn't see any way out. I tried to commit suicide but, thank God, someone found me in time to save my life. Thanks to the friends who stuck by me I came through it. I now have a good life and try to live it for my Lord as I know it was him who sent help that day. I won't lie and say it was easy as it wasn't but I found that through my friends I received the strength to keep dealing with it. In a sense I used my friends to help me at a time when I couldn't help myself. Please remember that people do want to help and they do want to be your strength. The biggest thing to remember is God put those people in your life for this moment so they could give you the strength you don't know you have. I know how dark things look right now but God has His hand in this and is not going to let go. You may not see that right now but help is all around you - please make use of it. There is light at the end of the tunnel even though you might not see it right now.

Sorry for rambling Aspen but your plight is vey similar to what mine was so it is not easy to say what I want to say without a bit of rambling. Praying for you.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
aspen said:
I need this forum to talk out my pain. This is me reaching out. I am not attacking you I am voicing my pain. This is an anonymous board and I feel paralyzed right now. I am at risk of being fired - 3 day missed - I can't deal with my clients problems. So I am going to post here and I am not going to defend myself.
Aspen, it is hard but you need to try and look at things from God's point of view.

The CHIEF reason you are on earth is for Him to use you. If He didn't want you here you would already be in heaven.

You are looking at your life through your eyes and your sight is stopping at your nose. Losing your job is everything to you, your job is NOTHING to God...looking after you is everything to Him. You will get another job, not because you are an expert in your field but because God has a place where He wants to use you / wants you to be fed and looked after. '''Consider the birds of the field scripture and this one Matt 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

We live for the Lord, not ourselves. The unsaved commit suicide after divorce and being fired. If the saved think the same thoughts what does it tell us other then that the saved have become too attached to living ''their'' lives. It can happen to all of us.

I don't believe anyone can say with certainty that you go to hell. But the evidence sure does point in hells direction. Suicide = no respect for God's will for your life + no trust in God keeping you through the storms + no going to God for comfort / peace that surpasses all understanding Phil 4:7.

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One early morning during the night, at around 3:15 A.M., I had awaken to hear church bells. My window was open and I was wondering what church was going to get in trouble for ringing those bells. Then I noticed a pattern to the bells ringing. It was playing the theme from M.A.S.H. TV show. I got up to wake up my folks and went into their bedroom where the bells was not as loud there. It was kind of faith but my folks did not hear it and went back to sleep. ( And my mother was a better hearer than I was; my being deaf in my left ear with tinnitus in my right ear )

So I went back to bed and was still listening to the bells playing; a sad solemn note indeed. Then for some reason, I plugged my good ear to see if it was in my head because I was bothered that my folks had not heard it. Sure enough, it was NOT in my head and I unplugged my good ear and heard it as coming seemingly from outside my bedroom window. But as times wnt by, I checked my hearing again, and if I recollect correctly, it was about maybe the third or fourth time that I had discovered that the ringing of the bells was now in my head, and so I started to pray to Jesus for help. I did not like it at all.

Eventually, as tears trickled down and I eventually had fallen asleep again, the next morning came with a somewhat Twilight Zone irony to the whole thing. On the morning news, I had heard that the original title to the theme from M.A.S.H. was "Suicide Is Painless".

I can say now that the devil has given me plenty of reasons to commit suicide, but in all of that time, the Lord Jesus had given me the many experiences to see Him carry me through those difficult times of Whom I can give Him more thanksgiving for when He brings me Home to the Marriage Supper.

So be aware of what the devil is trying to do and trust Jesus as your Good Shepherd to carry you through it, especially when it is too much for you to handle. God help those who cannot help themselves. That is His glory not just as our Saviour, but as our Good Shepherd as well.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
lforrest said:
You know the teachings of the church. Suicide usually is the ultimate act of selfishness. I'm not able to speak for God, but I have serious doubts he would be able to forgive that because there is no opportunity to repent afterwards.

Do you know how much God loves you? When I pray for you I can feel the Spirit rising up in me. I think God wants you to lean on him a lot more right now, and in the future. If you are thinking of giving up your life, try dedicating it to God and give him a chance to make it better. He is the only one who can give this life meaning, and there are so many promises.

I will be praying.
<<Suicide usually is the ultimate act of selfishness.>>

Or the ultimate act of despair.

Or the act to bring an end to the constant, unrelenting, 24/7, pain (physical or emotional) that the person can no longer bear.

Have you been there?

<<I have serious doubts he would be able to forgive that because there is no opportunity to repent afterwards.>>

God knows our hearts and our pain and He is merciful. If that were not so, no one would care about Him.

The answer is not clear to us. We just have the command to love one another.