Sulfur... God's preferable means of destruction.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Lab Technician in a factory that use to plate using cyanide. We had to break the bond of cyanide and turn the CN to CO2 and NO2. We also had to reduce the Cr+6 to Cr+3 before we could treat it at waste water and release it into the environment. In which I have had my share of experiences of being gassed by the powerful oxidizers chlorine and sulfur dioxide. Which I promise you only happened but a few times as these oxidizers would steal oxygen out of my bodies water and turn it to either hydrochloric or sulfuric acids. You can see death on a mans face if he inhales even the smallest quantities of either the chlorine of sulfur ion.

I can see how God uses the sulfur anion as his preferable means of destruction.

Sulfur enters the atmosphere as brimstone...
Brimstone enters the atmosphere and burns with a blue light as the following reaction takes place S + O2 = SO2
If the heat does not kill the inhalation of SO2 reacts with the bodies water to produce Sulfuric acid and hydrogen sulfide... 2 SO2 + 4 H2O = H2SO4 + H2S
H2SO4 is Sulfuric acid and H2S is hydrogen sulfide... Very deadly!

Hmmm... I wonder how the H2SO4 + H2S is turned back to sulfur to re-react in hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sQO91UvFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG3QsisQrkc

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how the technician has a stopper attached to the flask as he is displaying the above reaction.... The smoke in the flask is SO2 gas... In which he would not want to inhale!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An eternity in an environment where the only light is that of sulfur reacting with oxygen to make of all things SO2. No wonder its a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth! What a hard heart have I that I cannot mourn those destined to spend eternity there... In John Bunyan's words...

O that I was one that was skilful in lamentation, and had but a yearning heart towards thee, how would I pity thee! How would I bemoan thee! O that I could with Jeremiah let my eyes run down with rivers of water for thee! Poor soul, lost soul, dying soul, what a hard heart have I that I cannot mourn for thee! If thou shouldst lose but a limb, a child, or a friend, it would not be so much, but poor man it is THY SOUL; if it was to lie in hell but for a day, but for a year, nay, ten thousand years, it would (in comparison) be nothing. But O it is for ever! O this cutting EVER! What a soul-amazing word will that be, which saith, ‘Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING fire’!

Object. But if I should set in, and run as you would have me, then I must run from all my friends; for none of them are running that way.

Answ. And if thou dost, thou wilt run into the bosom of Christ and of God, and then what harm will that do thee?

Object. But if I run this way, then I must run from all my sins.

Answ. That is true indeed; yet if thou dost not, thou wilt run into hell-fire.

Object. But if I run this way, then I shall be hated, and lose the love of my friends and relations, and of those that I expect benefit from, or have reliance on, and I shall be mocked of all my neighbours.

Answ. And if thou dost not, thou art sure to lose the love and favour of God and Christ, the benefit of heaven and glory, and be mocked of God for thy folly, ‘I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh’; and if thou wouldst not be hated and mocked, then take heed thou by thy folly dost not procure the displeasure and mockings of the great God; for his mocks and hatred will be terrible, because they will fall upon thee in terrible times, even when tribulation and anguish taketh hold on thee; which will be when death and judgment comes, when all the men in the earth, and all the angels in heaven, cannot help thee (Prov 1:26-28).

From John Bunyan's Heavenly Footman

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptural context is something you want to employ here. How did the people of the day use sulfur and what did it mean to them?

Sulfur was of no use to the ancients.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the only reactions in hell is S + O2 = SO2.... At 393*F sulfur is in a red molten form. Maybe there is gravitation that pulls the SO2 back into the lake of fire releasing the oxygen to re-react at a later time. If we do not our part to warn this world of their wickedness they will die in their sins... But their blood will the lord require at our hand... As the scripture says,

So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. [sup][/sup]When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.- Ezekiel 33:7,8,9

If the ancients were to mix a little of that SO2 with their wine it would have acted as a preservative. So there may have been some uses for it.

As far as the lake of fire I am not a Westboro Baptist type guy who hangs out on the street with signs and I do not dwell on the subject either... Which is why I quoted John Bunyan in saying "what a hard heart have I that I cannot mourn for thee!" In which I will also say "What a hard heart have I that I do not warn people more of this terrible reality!"