Super silly questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Ok, I promise I have been a Christian most of my life and go to church all the time but I have some questions that I am kind of embarrased to ask but they keep nagging at me.

1. I keep hearing people say "the Lord God" and "Jesus is Lord". I need some clarification on the use of the word "Lord". Are both Jesus and God the Lord and if so why has the Holy Spirit been left out?

2. I have heard about food in Heaven and people eating there...will we poop in Heaven?

I promise I am not being disrespectful but I wonder about these things and am obviously embarassed to ask but I do want to know the answers to these questions. Feel free to laugh, I know I do and would not doubt it if God is in Heaven shaking his head and giggling right now.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
1. We could also say God is ignored in the NT. God revealed Himself to us as Jesus. Not the Holy Spirit. Not God (only OT). John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2. No. Well I hope not lol :).

We don't need food in heaven. Which means if we have it, it is a pleasure / something good / nice / someone wanted it. Heaven is going to be a place where we can have and do what we want. Many will want Ferrari's, nice food and holiday houses by the beach and on the moon. Will God stop us? God of the universe who died for us ants will now deny our requests? I don't see it. I want candy.

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
KingJ said:
1. We could also say God is ignored in the NT. God revealed Himself to us as Jesus. Not the Holy Spirit. Not God (only OT). John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2. No. Well I hope not lol :).

We don't need food in heaven. Which means if we have it, it is a pleasure / something good / nice / someone wanted it. Heaven is going to be a place where we can have and do what we want. Many will want Ferrari's, nice food and holiday houses by the beach and on the moon. Will God stop us? God of the universe who died for us ants will now deny our requests? I don't see it. I want candy.
Thank you for the response, I am still unclear about who people are referring to exactly when they say "the Lord" then so it is ok to think of "the Lord" as Jesus only or the father and his spirit as well? That would be a better question.

I am also wondering now...what kind of candy? :)

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Well I don't know about what all people think, but Jesus is The Lord. Jesus is the Holy Spirit. He is God. Just one. Different masks or manifestations. From Genesis to Revelation you should see Jesus. Blessings

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
"LORD" (all capital letters) is usually the English translation of the Hebrew YHVH. I believe "Lord" is referencing Yeshua.

Imo, no restrooms in heaven. Spiritual beings do not perish, thus they can't excrete perishable waste. There is food in heaven, but no perishable flesh and blood to replenish. No tears, no sweat, no bodily excretions.

If there was human waste in heaven, I'm sure I'd be assigned to the sewer department :unsure:

Reactions: Thunderkat

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Thunderkat said:
Thank you for the response, I am still unclear about who people are referring to exactly when they say "the Lord" then so it is ok to think of "the Lord" as Jesus only or the father and his spirit as well? That would be a better question.

I am also wondering now...what kind of candy? :)
Why the confusion? They all Lord. It just becomes odd when we praise and worship the Holy Spirit because of that verse I gave you and the fact that OT and NT He has not being speaking of Himself. It gets confusing I guess as they are three yet one.

Candy floss!
Dan57 said:
If there was human waste in heaven, I'm sure I'd be assigned to the sewer department :unsure:
Hehe, I feel that way too.

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Dan57 said:
We will be coworkers :)

I know I have been quite naughty and ran from God's call for many years before I finally answered...and I would be happy to work in God's sewer department!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has as much to do with the roles/ministries of the trinity as anything. It's easy to connect Lordship to God the Father given that he is the Father. In the same way, it naturally flows that if Jesus is both fully man and fully God, he would be Lord as well. The Holy Spirit, as touched upon above, functions in the capacity of titles like the Comforter, the Intercessor, etc. I realize this probably does not fully satisfy your desire to know, but this is part of what's wrapped up into the mystery of the trinity that Augustine said will drive men mad.

Just as an aside, be careful of what terms are employed. Using terms like mask and manifestation have been associated with some heretical ideas. I am certainly not accusing here because I know better, but just aware that some terms are loaded when it comes to the trinity. The traditional description has been that the trinity is one in essence (IE: all God or godhead) while being distinct in personhood (IE: One God, three Persons).

In regards to your second question, I don't know. I would honestly doubt it based upon human waste being such a source of limitation (the byproduct of us needing food) and a carrier of disease. I think it's a reminder of our falleness.