Takeaways from this year

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has God taught you or worked with you on this year that you are taking into next year?

For me, This year Ive learned that seeking God doesn't always involve a huge mountain-top experience since He often speaks in a still small voice.

I've learned that God is good and that there is such a sense of blessing in following Him.

I've begun to relate to Jesus more personally in my prayer life, rather than relating to Him as some distant figure. I can pray to Him about anything, anytime, even if it's just for the sake of communing.
Good post and question, I was young at hearing of what the LORD was saying to me, but now that I had turned my lifestyle over to Him, that I can do things much better, but I find that in order to continue with the scriptures I must forsake my way to follow His steps.

Love, Walter

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time, as a new Christian, where I had so much zeal, all I wanted was to live on nothing and serve God in a hut somewhere, ministering to orphans in some remote village.

But I let others take that away when they made fun of me. I let them tell me what my faith needed to look like---neatly inside a box where you can serve Jesus as a side gig.

I let them put the cares of the world on me---securing a position in life through education and gathering wealth.

But no more. I want that reckless faith again. I don't want to do anything besides serve the Lord with all my heart.

I don't want to be boxed in by the cares of this world any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There was a time, as a new Christian, where I had so much zeal, all I wanted was to live on nothing and serve God in a hut somewhere, ministering to orphans in some remote village.

But I let others take that away when they made fun of me. I let them tell me what my faity needed to look like---neatly inside a box where you can serve Jesus as a side gig.

I let them put the cares of the world on me---securing a position in life through education and gathering wealth.

But no more. I want that reckless faith again. I don't want to do anything besides serve the Lord with all my heart.

I don't want to be boxed in by the cares of this world any more.
@Wynona
I heartily agree with what you mean about zeal for the Lord... :)

(But do you really regret things like getting dreadlocks or going to the salon occasionally?)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona
I heartily agree with what you mean about zeal for the Lord... :)

(But do you really regret things like getting dreadlocks or going to the salon occasionally?)

I don't regret the little things, rather Ive felt myself shift focus over the years. I've let the fire be squelched by others opinions about what my life should be about.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel convicted about storing up treasures on earth rather than being rich towards God. Our life here on earth should be about what truly matters, which is the life to come in eternity.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been a truly great year.

I am glad to have met so many kind people in real life and on the forums!