TBN CENSORSHIP OF JACK VAN IMPE PRESENTS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TBN CENSORSHIP OF JACK VAN IMPE PRESENTS

June 11, 2011

We have received numerous emails and telephone calls from our viewers who were upset when they tuned into TBN on Wednesday night expecting to see our program dealing with churches that have lost their way and four well known leaders that are promoting Chrislam – a uniting of Christianity with Islam. (You can view that program on our Web page by clicking the “TV Program” button on the menu.)

On Wednesday afternoon we received a call from Matt Crouch of TBN informing us that they would not run that program, despite having aired it Monday evening. The reason he gave was that we specifically mentioned Rick Warren and Robert Schuller and that it is TBN’s policy that broadcasters are not allowed to rebuke other ministries. This is a rather hypocritical statement in light of the fact that they have never said anything in the past when we have rebuked others such as Bishop Spong, Bishop Pike, and in the past few months Harold Camping and Rob Bell.

They also stated that they would not run any future program where we offered our DVD Reclaiming & Restoring Biblical Christianity as a premium for a donation to our ministry. A DVD that exposes false teachers and the heresies that they proclaim.

Beloved, I Will Not Be Silenced! I will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot preach. When I see heretical teaching leading to apostasy, I will speak out. The Bible says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (II Timothy 3:16 emphasis mine). The Apostle Paul also gives instructions in Titus 1:9 – 11, 13 “Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers…Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake…Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith” (emphasis mine).

I immediately called our Media Agents and told them that I no longer wanted to air my program on Trinity Broadcasting Network; we will take the tremendous amount of money that we were spending there to obtain new stations that will allow us to continue to reach every square mile of America with the truths of the Bible without this network.

We will be sending a letter out to all of our Partners very soon that will go into more detail as well as sharing how after 23 years of building an audience in the same time spot; they were going to move us to Friday nights where the audience is 25% less – and they stated this was a mandatory move – no exceptions.

http://www.jvim.com/update/#

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Jack Van Empe has had some good teachings in the past.

But I quit watching him after he strongly implied several times that Obama was the antiChrist.

He has changed his tune about that as of late (I check in on him now and again) but how can you take someone like that seriously.

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack Van Empe has had some good teachings in the past.

But I quit watching him after he strongly implied several times that Obama was the antiChrist.

He has changed his tune about that as of late (I check in on him now and again) but how can you take someone like that seriously.

I agree with your basic opinion he like many have good and bad teachings however I think the big story here is
the why ....No where are we ever told to combine another religion teaching another god and a religion that demotes christ to lowley second class servant.... However this seems to be more and more the trend and now that ..this long running show has been cancelled for preaching against it ... Says alot to me about the state of our churches
Wednesday night expecting to see our program dealing with churches that have lost their way and four well known leaders that are promoting Chrislam – a uniting of Christianity with Islam.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Did the network give a reason for canceling him?

Could it have just been a good old-fashioned revenue decision?

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the network give a reason for canceling him?

Could it have just been a good old-fashioned revenue decision?

No it wasnt revenue it was
because of his show going to say that ministeries combing Christianity with Islam are false prophets the reason being given is as stated :
TBN’s policy that broadcasters are not allowed to rebuke other ministries.

That is what makes this so dangerous

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No it wasnt revenue it was
because of his show going to say that ministeries combing Christianity with Islam are false prophets the reason being given is as stated :
TBN’s policy that broadcasters are not allowed to rebuke other ministries.

That is what makes this so dangerous
It might be real interesting to know who is running TBN making these anti-Christian policies.

Perhaps TBN is afraid of Muslim vengeance.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The network is afraid of the FCC, and the unbelievers behind the FCC.

Get ready, for we're going to be seeing less and less actual Bible-based programing on the air in our near future, ESPECIALLY if it goes against today's false Ecumenical movement.

The Ecumenical movement is about the idea of joining all religions together in tolerance (FCC's idea of tolerance, which is political correctness). That movement has already taken over many so-called Christian churches today. They are preaching that all religions lead to the same God, which is what his term "Chrislam" is about. This is also why some so-called Christian churches today are inviting performances of other religions into their church services. Those so-called Christian churches are no longer Christian Churches when they do that. They become 'bethavens', which means 'house of vanity' per God's Word.

The time is coming when they will shut down Internet sites that stay with Bible-based teaching also. It's coming, get ready.

This event points to the start of one of the signs of the end our Lord Jesus gave in His Word. He said the time will come when those who kill us will think they do God a service (John 16; Matt.24:9).

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
The network is afraid of the FCC, and the unbelievers behind the FCC.

Get ready, for we're going to be seeing less and less actual Bible-based programing on the air in our near future, ESPECIALLY if it goes against today's false Ecumenical movement.

The Ecumenical movement is about the idea of joining all religions together in tolerance (FCC's idea of tolerance, which is political correctness). That movement has already taken over many so-called Christian churches today. They are preaching that all religions lead to the same God, which is what his term "Chrislam" is about. This is also why some so-called Christian churches today are inviting performances of other religions into their church services. Those so-called Christian churches are no longer Christian Churches when they do that. They become 'bethavens', which means 'house of vanity' per God's Word.

The time is coming when they will shut down Internet sites that stay with Bible-based teaching also. It's coming, get ready.

This event points to the start of one of the signs of the end our Lord Jesus gave in His Word. He said the time will come when those who kill us will think they do God a service (John 16; Matt.24:9).

Ecumenism has to do with Christian unification. The idea of joining all religions together is part of the interfaith movement.
The Protestant's are the ones who have given ecumenism a bad rap. Unity is a constant teaching in the bible.

Ecumenism is a biblical teachig. It has nothing to do with the inter-faith movement.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ecumenism has to do with Christian unification. The idea of joining all religions together is part of the interfaith movement.
The Protestant's are the ones who have given ecumenism a bad rap. Unity is a constant teaching in the bible.

Ecumenism is a biblical teachig. It has nothing to do with the inter-faith movement.

Ecumenical is about the IDEA of inter-denominatiional joining, that's correct. But it's real purpose LEADS to inter-faith joining, which is why quite a few Christian Churches today are now accepting other religions as different paths to the same God.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/ecumenism2.htm

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

Ecumenical is about the IDEA of inter-denominatiional joining, that's correct. But it's real purpose LEADS to inter-faith joining, which is why quite a few Christian Churches today are now accepting other religions as different paths to the same God.

http://www.deception.../ecumenism2.htm

Can't agree. Ecumenism has always meant the unification of Christian churches. The inter-faith movement has all to do with the acceptance of other religions.

The Protestant's would like you to believe otherwise like in the link you provided. But for as long as I have been a Christian. Ecumenism is the unification of the Church and nothing else. Protestant prejudism against Catholic's still exist in the world today and that link proves it!

I would rather consider myself a Catholic than a Protestant. Protestant's think they are so much better than everyone else. That's esp. true of BJU people who continually demonize Catholic's. That's why I wont listen to a word John MacArthur has to say. He hates Catholicism and I don't like his slanderous "holier than thou" style of preaching!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Can't agree. Ecumenism has always meant the unification of Christian churches. The inter-faith movement has all to do with the acceptance of other religions.

The Protestant's would like you to believe otherwise like in the link you provided. But for as long as I have been a Christian. Ecumenism is the unification of the Church and nothing else. Protestant prejudism against Catholic's still exist in the world today and that link proves it!

I would rather consider myself a Catholic than a Protestant. Protestant's think they are so much better than everyone else. That's esp. true of BJU people who continually demonize Catholic's. That's why I wont listen to a word John MacArthur has to say. He hates Catholicism and I don't like his slanderous "holier than thou" style of preaching!

http://www.urbandharma.org/bcdialog/bcd1/bcmalibu.html

[font="Georgia][size="3"]Buddhist-Catholic Retreat/Dialogue - Serra Retreat, Malibu, October 1- 4, 1998[/size][/font]
[font="Georgia][size="3"]
The Setting:
Serra Retreat rests above the Pacific Ocean on a hilltop in Malibu. With a gorgeous ocean view in front and the coastal mountain range behind, the retreat house provided an excellent setting for a retreat and dialogue between Buddhists and Catholics who came from across the United States to this spot on the Pacific Rim for an encounter between the spiritualities of the East and of the West.[/size][/font]​
[font="Georgia][size="3"]Sponsors: Sponsors included: NADEO, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the Buddhist Sangha Council of Southern California, Soka Gakkai International, Rissho Kosei-kai, and certain individuals in Los Angeles, Friends of Msgr. Royale Vadakin, Sr. Thomas Bernard, and Marisa Antonini.[/size][/font]​
[font="Georgia][size="3"]Planning and Coordination: Dr. Michael Kerze, Co-chairman, the Los Angeles Buddhist- Catholic Dialogue, Fr. Butch Mazur, Cochairman, NADEO Faiths in the World Committee, and Dr. John Borelli, Interreligious Relations, NCCB, were in regular contact from the preparatory meeting of the Faiths in the World Committee in September 1997 until the opening of the conference on October 1, 1998. The Los Angeles Buddhist-Catholic Dialogue as a host devoted more than a year to planning the logistics of the retreat and the program for the dialogue. The Office of Ecumenical Affairs of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the Buddhist Sangha Council of Southern California provided resources, both financial and personnel, for the success of the gathering. Soka Gakkai International coordinated transportation arrangements to and from LAX. Wat Thai Temple in North Hollywood provided the shrine constructed next to the altar in the chapel. The Buddhist members of the Los Angeles dialogue arranged for the Buddhist speakers.[/size][/font]​
[font="Georgia][size="3"]Brief Summary: Fifty-seven Catholics and Buddhists attended the event. About a third of the participants were affiliated with the L. A. Buddhist-Catholic Dialogue. Among Buddhists there were: Theravadins (both Sri Lankan and Thai lineage's), Jodo Shin-shu (especially Buddhist Churches in America), members of a Vietnamese lineage of Zen, Chinese Buddhists, and members of certain new Buddhist movements (Soka Gakkai, Rissho Kosei-kai, and Shambala). NADEO members from Honolulu, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago, Washington DC, Houston, and Oakland came with Buddhist partners. Other NADEO members attended from Buffalo, Newark, Lafayette, and Brooklyn.[/size][/font]​
[font="Georgia][size="3"]Bishop Thomas Costello and the Ven. Dr. Ratanasara co-presided over a program of lectures, dialogues (both in groups and in dyads), meditation periods, and rituals. David Kalupahana spoke on "Dhamma: Buddha's Conception of the Moral," and Leo Lefebure spoke on "The Christian Experience of God." Bishop Costello gave an overview of Christian spirituality, and Heidi Singh spoke generally on Buddhist spirituality. Sr. Margaret Funk, O.S.B., (from Monastic Interreligious Dialogue and who facilitated a NADEO seminar at the Richmond NWCU) reviewed the spiritual ladder of John Cassian while A1 Albergate spoke on use of the Buddhist chant "nam myoho renge kyo." Joan Chatfield reviewed a plethora of projects Buddhists and Catholics have accomplished together in Hawaii while Alan Badiner focused on common feelings about violence. Also on hand was Donald Mitchell who has attended both of the Holy See's dialogues with Buddhists (1995 and 1998) and who helped engineer the "Gethsemani Encounter" in 1996. The L. A. dialogue shared the fruits of their nine-year history. NADEO members gained inspiration and experience for Buddhist-Catholic dialogue in an environment of study and recollection.[/size][/font]​
[font="Georgia][size="3"]Background: During the 1996 Conference of the Society for Buddhist-Christian Studies at DePaul University, a working group on Buddhist-Catholic relations met over four days to review the past 30 years of dialogue and to discuss future possibilities. This was one week after the Gethsemani Encounter (July 22-7, 1996, which several NADEO members had attended). A sizable number participated in the four sessions at the DePaul Buddhist-Christian conference. These sessions focused on the involvement of the Holy See, various exchanges sponsored by monastics including the Gethsemani Encounter, relations in various U.S. dioceses, and cooperation between certain Buddhist and Catholic groups. NADEO's Faiths in the World Committee convened this working group, drawing upon the scholar members of the committee, Fr. Leo Lefebure and Professor Donald Mitchell. One notable recommendation from the working group was to hold meetings in retreat centers or similar environment so that designated times for spiritual practice would complement conversations on specific topics.[/size][/font]​

http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/m003rpBuddhismAtLoyola.htm

http://www.cleveland.com/religion/index.ssf/2011/04/easter_services_zen_service_re.html

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
My ancestors were French Huguenots of 16th century Europe that fled France because of persecution by Catholics.

I have many friends today that are Catholics, and even they know better than to accept the Ecumenism that's going on within the Catholic Church. If they keep the Faith, they'll either help turn the Ecumenical movement around to purge the pagan religious promoters out from among them, or they'll probably become Bible thumpin' Protestants like myself.

It shouldn't be a huge mystery that this type of religion joining is going on today. It's happening among some Protestant Churches too, not just among the Catholic Church.

It is by design the brainchild of the one-world government hosts, and its forming will be essential for fulfillment of the endtime Babylon harlot system of our Lord's Book of Revelation.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My ancestors were French Huguenots of 16th century Europe that fled France because of persecution by Catholics.

I have many friends today that are Catholics, and even they know better than to accept the Ecumenism that's going on within the Catholic Church. If they keep the Faith, they'll either help turn the Ecumenical movement around to purge the pagan religious promoters out from among them, or they'll probably become Bible thumpin' Protestants like myself.

It shouldn't be a huge mystery that this type of religion joining is going on today. It's happening among some Protestant Churches too, not just among the Catholic Church.

It is by design the brainchild of the one-world government hosts, and its forming will be essential for fulfillment of the endtime Babylon harlot system of our Lord's Book of Revelation.

I agree with the facts you quote about spreading ecumenism in the Catholic and Protestant church. It's been going on for decades. I have suffered painful reverses in my life because of it.

I don't agree with your assertion that it's the result of some evil conspiracy.

There has been a documented and wide spread decrease in church attendance in both Catholic and protestant churches in the last forty or fifty years. This decrease in attendance, and allegiance to the church if you will accept it, is causing a strain on the economics of keeping the doors open. Even the Pope has commented on it. Bottom line is that it signifies spreading Christian apathy and fulfills the prophecy of the apostacy of the church in the latter days.

What happens to a business when it begins to go sour? If possible the managers seek to merge with another one. They hope that the combined new business will be able to survive in the marketplace. It seems to me that church leaders are following the same business plan. The reason it continues to fail is because our shepards have forgotten one important fact; church isn't a business.

That there are those who seek to benefit from a single planetary government I have no doubt. That such persons are working to bring it to pass I accept. That they are actively working to subvert the church isn't an axiom I would accept. Why work for something when it will clearly fall into your hands like over ripe fruit?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That there are those who seek to benefit from a single planetary government I have no doubt. That such persons are working to bring it to pass I accept. That they are actively working to subvert the church isn't an axiom I would accept. Why work for something when it will clearly fall into your hands like over ripe fruit?

Agreed. Everything is not a conspiracy. At times its simply dumb decisions made that seem to take on a life of their own. It certainly doesn't make something right or ok.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I agree with the facts you quote about spreading ecumenism in the Catholic and Protestant church. It's been going on for decades. I have suffered painful reverses in my life because of it.

I don't agree with your assertion that it's the result of some evil conspiracy.

There has been a documented and wide spread decrease in church attendance in both Catholic and protestant churches in the last forty or fifty years. This decrease in attendance, and allegiance to the church if you will accept it, is causing a strain on the economics of keeping the doors open. Even the Pope has commented on it. Bottom line is that it signifies spreading Christian apathy and fulfills the prophecy of the apostacy of the church in the latter days.

What happens to a business when it begins to go sour? If possible the managers seek to merge with another one. They hope that the combined new business will be able to survive in the marketplace. It seems to me that church leaders are following the same business plan. The reason it continues to fail is because our shepards have forgotten one important fact; church isn't a business.

It doesn't matter if those who refuse to believe there's a literal organized 'conspiracy' against Christ going on or not. There's documentation that there is, and that it's been going on for centuries. First documentation is God's Word, The Bible.

Others are the Communist conspiracy, the Illuminati conspiracy (a real documentable working in Proofs Of A Conspiracy by John Robison - 1798, and The Abbe Barruel of the same era in Memoirs Illustrating The History of Jacobinism). The 1960's ex-KGB agent Golitsyn also documented Communism's plans for infiltrating religion in his 1984 work New Lies For Old, and the 1950's FBI agent Cleon Skousen in The Naked Communist (1958) also documented Communism's strategy to infiltrate the Christian Churches and promote pacifism and disarmament policy.

Might also want to get up to date with the international religious summits held in Moscow at the following links:

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/Polzer/religious-summit.htm

http://wwrn.org/articles/22017/?&place=russia-cis&section=miscellaneous

http://www.mospat.ru/archive/en/31933.htm

Just so those not aware don't think I'm B-S..ing about this matter, here's an article from The Russian Orthodox Church's official website of Department For External Church Relations (last weblink in my previous post).

WORLD SUMMIT OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS July 3 – 5, 2006, Moscow
5.07.2006 · Архив 2005-2009, Документы

WORLD SUMMIT OF RELIGIOUS LEADERS
July 3 – 5, 2006, Moscow
We, participants in the World Summit of Religious Leaders – heads and delegates of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, and Shinto religious communities in 49 countries, met in Moscow on the eve of the Group of Eight Summit. Having at length discussed issues of mutual concern, we now appeal to the heads of states, to our religious communities and to all people of good will.

We believe that the human person is religious by nature. Since the dawn of history, religion has played the key role in the development of thought, culture, ethics and the social order. With the ever growing role of faith in contemporary society, we want religion to continue being a solid foundation for peace and dialogue amongst civilizations, and not to be used as a source of division and conflict. Religion has the potential to bind together diverse peoples and cultures despite our human fragility, particularly in today’s context of plurality and diversity.

Human life is a gift of the Almighty. Our sacred duty is to preserve it, and this should be the concern of both religious communities and political leaders.

Dialogue and partnership among civilizations should not just be slogans. We need to build a world order which combines democracy – as the way of harmonizing different interests and as people’s participation in national and global decision-making – and respect to the moral feeling, way of life, various legal and political systems, and national and religious traditions of people. Comprehensive, just and durable solutions of international disputes should be reached by peaceful means. We reject double standards in international relations. The world should have many poles and many systems, meeting the requirements of all individual and nations rather than matching lifeless and oversimplified ideological patterns.

The human being is the Creator’s unique creation whose existence reaches into eternity. Humans should not become either a commodity or an object of political manipulation or an element of the production and consumption machine.

It is, therefore, necessary to assert constantly the highest value of human life from conception to the final breath and natural death. Thus the family needs support today, for it is the privileged context for cultivating the free, intelligent and moral personality. We call for more assistance to the family, particularly in its formative mission by national and international law and the practice of states, various public institutions, religious communities and the mass media. Linked to this is our concern for the status of women and children in many societies. Promoting the unique character of every person, women and men, children and the elderly, as well as people with disabilities, we see that they all have their special gifts. Protecting them from violence and exploitation is a common task for the authorities, the society, and religious communities.

The human being is the supreme creation of the Almighty. Therefore human rights, their protection and respect at the national, regional and international level is an important concern for us. Nevertheless, our experience also shows that without an ethical core, without understanding our duties, no society or country is exempt from conflict and collapse. Sin and vice ruin both the individual and the society. For this reason we are convinced that law and social order should seek to bring together in fruitful harmony a commitment to rights and freedom as well as an awareness of the ethical principles that are constitutive of human living together.

We state the importance of religious freedom in today’s world. Individuals and groups must be immune from coercion. No one is to be forced to act in a manner contrary to his or her own beliefs in religious matters. It is also necessary to take into account the rights of religious and ethnic minorities.

We condemn terrorism and extremism of any form, as well as attempts to justify them by religion. We consider it our duty to oppose enmity on political, ethnic or religious grounds. We deplore the activities of pseudo-religious groups and movements destroying freedom and health of people as well as the ethical climate in societies. Using religion as a means for rousing hatred or an excuse for crimes against individuals, morality and humanity present a major challenge today. This can be effectively addressed only through education and moral formation. School, mass media, and preaching by religious leaders should return to our contemporaries the full knowledge of their religious traditions which call them to peace and love.

We call for an end to any insult to religious feelings and defilement of texts, symbols, names or places held sacred by believers. Those who abuse sacred things should know that it wounds the hearts and stirs up strife among the people.

Through education and social action, we must reassert sustainable ethical values in the consciousness of people. We believe these values to be given to us by the Almighty and deeply rooted in human nature. They are shared by our religions in many practical ways. We feel responsible for the moral condition of our societies and want to shoulder this responsibility in working together with states and civil associations enabling a life where ethical values are an asset and a source of sustainability.

Human life is also interrelated with economy. International economic order, as all other spheres of global architecture, should be based on justice. All economic and business activities should be socially responsible and carried out using the ethical standards. It is this what makes the economy really efficient, that is, beneficial to the people. A life lived only for financial profit and facilitating production progress becomes barren and meager. Being aware of this, we call on the business community to be open and responsible towards the civil society, including religious communities, at the national and global levels.

It is imperative that all governments and the business community alike be responsible stewards of the resources of our planet. These resources, as given to all generations by the Creator, should be used for the benefit of everyone. All nations have the right to use their resources, sharing them with others, as well as to develop technologies for their effective use and preservation. The responsible distribution of the Earth’s richness, in addition to just international trade and active humanitarian involvement, will help overcome the poverty and hunger suffered by billions of our brothers and sisters. Poverty and social vulnerability become the cause of mass migration generating more and more problems in both poor and rich countries. The concentration of the majority of the world’s wealth in the hands of a few, while an enormous number of people, especially children, live in abject poverty, is a global tragedy. It will most definitely continue to destabilize the world, threatening global peace. We call upon all nations to return to a life of moderation, self-restraint and active justice. This will secure a hopeful future for upcoming generations and effectively function to cut the ground out from under the feet of extremists and terrorists.

Why don't we discuss just what those delegates propose per that article, instead of keeping our heads buried in the sand? Especially since those Christian delegates to that Moscow religious summit seem to be representing the rest of us Christians.