Teaching and Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
During my time on the Web I have tried to be careful to teach and when one seeks to instruct it is required that they both study and be honest. I am presently seeking to interest others, young and old, male and female, in the Book of the Revelation. In this post Revelation s mentioned only because I have been, lovingly, rebuked. It is the opinion of many that are younger than I that the name of God can be spelled god and present no disrespect to our only Holy God and because of Life Experience, I completely disagree.

When I was raised up we were (young folks) taught propriety. My generation, not myself, did not place emphasis on this matter and itś involvement with respect. Now, that generation, our children, has raised up their children (definitely not my daughter) to, as a whole, be disrespectful without even realizing they are. In the rebuke, the Moderator, pointed out to me that the person i sought to instruct with a gentle rebuke that in his opinion no disrespect was intended and none occurred.

The very first thing to consider is Mal. 3:6, God is the never changing God of all Creation! In Psa. 111:5 we see that we must fear God, a theme found throughout the entire Bible, to include the Life Application Commentary included with all Christian versions, known as The New Testament. So, at this point let´s look at fear in respect to our LORD. When I was a lad My dad loved me and demanded my respect (fear). I gave to him the respect (fear of disappointing) to him without ceasing, right up to and including the day he passed from this world into Eternity. When he was old I could have beaten the thunder out of him but I always humbled myself in his presence, just as I do for God.

In Proverbs 7a we learn that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. For understanding this point there are many roads open to examination. The best one available is a complete reading of the Bible but because folks find that laborious let´s consider the Kings of Europe and Asia from the past. It was a smart peasant that went out of their way to not anger the King because the king had the power of life or death over them. Today God, not only has this power but even more importantly, He has the power of life or death in Eternity.

To avoid belaboring the point you can have the remaining scriptures for this point, James 4, Isaiah 6 & Revelation 14. The point is that the fear of God is respect and respect is the awarding of special attention, special care and genuine love. Another poster sought to inform me that encouragement was more influential than a timely and correcting rebuke. To that point all I can say is, Satan is offering us all the encouragement he an deliver.[/indent]

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Encouragement is one of the many things we need balance in lest it become enabling of weakness on one end and a crushing of the will to try on the other.

Certainly the cause which would make us strive for balance in our use of encouragement as in anything that we do is that healthy reverential fear of God that promotes our deep and uncompromisable respect toward Him.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love and encouragement of the True Self is never damaging.