TEAR DOWN YOUR IDOLS - Return to The Lord with all your heart During This Coronavirus (IMPORTANT)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The most important message for the church today.

1. Israel took idols into the temple, and served them in rooms of pictures. Ezekiel 8:12
2. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit Corinthians 6:19
3. We have set up idols in our hearts. Ezekiel 14:3
4. God is calling His church to repent of idolatry, and smash down the idol images, and bear fruit of repentance.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Somewhere in the OT the scriptures talk of God hating mixture or something like that, meaning that the people were following God's way but also adding to it with other God's and pagan practices. Does anybody know where that passage is?

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere in the OT the scriptures talk of God hating mixture or something like that, meaning that the people were following God's way but also adding to it with other God's and pagan practices. Does anybody know where that passage is?
It is mentioned about a dozen times, but I think one of the earliest is Leviticus 19:19.

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
short excerpt from a page: (no ads and no malware on the page, at least not when I view it over the last year)

The Mind Behind The System (CLC) by Watchman Nee

"Formerly we spoke much of sin and of the natural life. We could readily see the spiritual issues there, but we little realized then what equally great spiritual issues are at stake when we touch the world. There is a spiritual force behind this world scene which, by means of "the things that are in the world," is seeking to enmesh men in its system. It is not merely against sin therefore that the saints of God need to be on their guard, but against the ruler of this world."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is mentioned about a dozen times, but I think one of the earliest is Leviticus 19:19.

There is so much stuff that could be described as 'mixture' in the church today; wanting God but in addition wanting ungodly things as well.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much stuff that could be described as 'mixture' in the church today; wanting God but in addition wanting ungodly things as well.
It is in the churches because it is in so many [or even all?] of the people. It has been called a creeping worldiness, which if not nipped by those who are able to nip it [who can do this without God's help?] will end up being a completely 'dead' gathering of dead people.

Consider the Samaritans who were despised by the Jews to their south. The Samaritans followed a 'mixture' of pagan ways and the laws, which God gave to Moses. Mixing in pagan ways may be likened onto mixing leaven in with Truth and the result is...?

"Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth." I Cor 5:6-8

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that many problems in the church today are caused by ‘mixture’ which undermines not only the word of God but God’s authority and sovereignty.

In the Old Testament there are many descriptions of how God’s people turned to worshipping other gods and idols made of base materials by human hands and his subsequent punishment of such behaviour.

It has been shown to me recently that these people had not entirely abandoned God, the Holy One of Israel, but that they had taken up these other gods AS WELL AS Almighty God. This is where the ‘Mixture, comes in. It waters down peoples’ perspective of God and distracts from his power and authority.

People have become dissatisfied with JUST one true God, they desire the other gods as well and in turn these other gods begin to become more important to them than God himself.

By far the biggest god of this sort in today’s world is SELF and especially pride when people think they know better than God. The proposed redefinement of marriage and the appointing of gay bishops are just two examples.

The Church needs to get back to serving only One True God and to root out anything that that smacks of ‘mixture’.

I have recently heard at least three different preachers speak on this subject and I think it is a ‘now’ word of God to the Church.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people when they find out their church was hypocrits, left the church - some going to God, some going to other things.
Young and old may by God's Grace find out, then choose either what is right, or continue in sin.