Tefillin, the Command to Bind the Words of God on the Forehead and Hand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in the Messiah without obedience to the commands of God will not grant you the set-apart airflow. You deceive yourself, hence, "and you gives his set-apart airflow to those who obey him".
I do not deceive myself.

I have studied for over 28 years the concepts in the New Testament and the Old; and have asked the Holy Spirit for understanding all the way through.

There is even a passage of scripture that might give you your jollies, that also teaches us that failing to keep the law will not place a man outside of the kingdom:

Mat 5:17, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19, Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The point being that they will be found in the kingdom of heaven, though they be counted least.

As for v.20, I believe that it is to be compared to the following:

Gal 2:21, I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Phl 3:6, Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phl 3:7, But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phl 3:8, Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phl 3:9, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not deceive myself.

I have studied for over 28 years the concepts in the New Testament and the Old; and have asked the Holy Spirit for understanding all the way through.

There is even a passage of scripture that might give you your jollies, that also teaches us that failing to keep the law will not place a man outside of the kingdom:

Mat 5:17, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18, For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19, Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The point being that they will be found in the kingdom of heaven, though they be counted least.

As for v.20, I believe that it is to be compared to the following:

Gal 2:21, I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Phl 3:6, Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phl 3:7, But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phl 3:8, Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phl 3:9, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

You do not have the anointed, you are a false anointed one, an antichrist as it were. Believe what I am telling you, then perhaps you may receive the anointing, truly. But continue rejecting that we are all obligated to obey the Law of God, and you will never receive the anointing, and will perish.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a matter of obligation, but of the response of love that we have towards Christ over the fact that He has forgiven us much.

Psa 110:3, Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not have the anointed, you are a false anointed one, an antichrist as it were.
Funny, I almost said the same of you a while earlier, but restrained myself.

I do not claim to be anointed, but I also know that I am no antichrist; for I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny, I almost said the same of you a while earlier, but restrained myself.

I do not claim to be anointed, but I also know that I am no antichrist; for I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

We will see who is right then, won't we, when the Messiah returns. Let us see if he will be more pleased with the one who thought the Torah was abolished, or the one who knew the Torah was still binding.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will see who is right then, won't we, when the Messiah returns. Let us see if he will be more pleased with the one who thought the Torah was abolished, or the one who knew the Torah was still binding.
You can know even before that event occurs. Just keep reading the holy scriptures with a spirit of acceptance. I suggest reading the epistles of Paul most often; if you do this I believe that you will be delivered from your false system of belief in perhaps even a short amount of time.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@cgneustar, do you believe that God became a Man in the form of Jesus Christ, died for your sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for your justification?