Telling Yahava about your failures does good.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you mess up, be it on promises you made to others, or you end up going back to an old habit, or you continue to hate your neighbor, or you have greed or covetousness, or sexual lusts, etc.

Going to YAhava, and talking to him about the things you do, the things you want or desire, and how you realize it effects your relationship with him. It does a soul some good to tell him what is up... good or bad thoughts, hatred towards him even, or towards others, give everything to him, and that way you can be at rest, and receive rest for your soul, in Yeshuas name.

Paul wrote to the people of Philippians about this;
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and pleading with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Feed the spirit, not so much the flesh.
Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. For if you live by its dictates, you will die.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you mess up, be it on promises you made to others, or you end up going back to an old habit, or you continue to hate your neighbor, or you have greed or covetousness, or sexual lusts, etc.

Going to YAhava, and talking to him about the things you do, the things you want or desire, and how you realize it effects your relationship with him. It does a soul some good to tell him what is up... good or bad thoughts, hatred towards him even, or towards others, give everything to him, and that way you can be at rest, and receive rest for your soul, in Yeshuas name.

Paul wrote to the people of Philippians about this;
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and pleading with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Feed the spirit, not so much the flesh.
Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. For if you live by its dictates, you will die.
why not speak in the first person?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus states:

28 “Come to Me, all [a]who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find [b]rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light.”​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Resting in christ, focus on him: not what the world or the flesh of others try to get you into doing or even believing what they may believe. The topic is to encourage people to not be afraid of the living God but to fear him. He can take anything that we say it’s good to take and have relationship with him through and in Christ.