TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did God speak all of the blessings and cursings which might apply to men?
That's a rather broad question. Are you certain God has finished speaking His Terms and Conditions?

What is His Word given us Today? How shall we be saved? By keeping of the Torah? In faith in Jesus Christ? A combination of the two?

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a rather broad question. Are you certain God has finished speaking His Terms and Conditions?

What is His Word given us Today? How shall we be saved? By keeping of the Torah? In faith in Jesus Christ? A combination of the two?

Much love!
Try to think outside of time. When is time going to end? When did time begin? Is God contained with timeframes with a beginning and an ending? Did not God perhaps create time itself for you and me? What does the following mean?

"And the angel... lifted his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever... that there should be time no longer:" Rev. 10:5-6

What if when we [mankind] were created God already spoken His Word, His unchangeable Word for us? Are we cursed or are we blessed, be it OT or NT? Do we not invoke the curses or blessings of God [left hand ot right hand] upon us by our choices?

Then again, time:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." Ecc 3:1-8

Until "there should be time no longer"!

And then in light of all of that consider again the Word of God:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Reactions: Azim

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to think outside of time. When is time going to end? When did time begin? Is God contained with timeframes with a beginning and an ending? Did not God perhaps create time itself for you and me? What does the following mean?
Try to think in Scriptural terms, I would say. We can come up with different perspectives, and if they are useful to enhance an understanding of Biblical concepts, that's good, but I think they sometimes take on a life of their own.

Ray Stedmen taught something he called "6 hours in eternity", where he was endeavoring the "think outside of time", but his teaching was that Jesus hangs on the cross today in some eternal sense. That as we sin, those sins are added to his burden, as he eternally hangs on that cross.

Certainly God created this space/time continuum for us to live in.

"And the angel... lifted his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever... that there should be time no longer:" Rev. 10:5-6

Time no more, either he is saying, time ceases, or he is saying, a time ceases, which is what I think it means. Or to say, "You're out of time!"

What if when we [mankind] were created God already spoken His Word, His unchangeable Word for us? Are we cursed or are we blessed, be it OT or NT? Do we not invoke the curses or blessings of God [left hand ot right hand] upon us by our choices?

Such as God has appointed for us. In Christ, we have received all spiritual blessings! All from that ONE choice to believe Him, to trust Him. The curse is removed, blessings are granted, promises made. God commits Himself to His children.

Let's not minimize the importance and efficacy of God's commitment to us. I know, many say we can do an end run around God's promise, we can fail Him, we may leave Him. I suggest we consider the promises of God, and consider whether we would empty them of their meaning by suggesting they may not be kept. That we may not be kept.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11
This is of course foundational to my faith. That what God said in His Word is real. That is all happens the way He says.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to think in Scriptural terms, I would say. We can come up with different perspectives, and if they are useful to enhance an understanding of Biblical concepts, that's good, but I think they sometimes take on a life of their own.

Ray Stedmen taught something he called "6 hours in eternity", where he was endeavoring the "think outside of time", but his teaching was that Jesus hangs on the cross today in some eternal sense. That as we sin, those sins are added to his burden, as he eternally hangs on that cross.

Certainly God created this space/time continuum for us to live in.

Time no more, either he is saying, time ceases, or he is saying, a time ceases, which is what I think it means. Or to say, "You're out of time!"

Such as God has appointed for us. In Christ, we have received all spiritual blessings! All from that ONE choice to believe Him, to trust Him. The curse is removed, blessings are granted, promises made. God commits Himself to His children.

Let's not minimize the importance and efficacy of God's commitment to us. I know, many say we can do an end run around God's promise, we can fail Him, we may leave Him. I suggest we consider the promises of God, and consider whether we would empty them of their meaning by suggesting they may not be kept. That we may not be kept.

Much love!
So then once again we are not in the same place. That's is OK because God knows where we both are...!

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many blessings but also so many curses for those who do not obey.

Do you think terms and conditions still apply today?

Just one....If you believe and call on the name of the Lord you will be saved

Romans 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then once again we are not in the same place. That's is OK because God knows where we both are...!
But what then of His promise? Are they not to be believed? To keep us? To present us blameless? So many more?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what then of His promise? Are they not to be believed? To keep us? To present us blameless? So many more?

Much love!
God's promises are absolute, but what each person understands of those promises does differ. God alone is able to always correctly judge. So then we give Him the glory!