Thank you!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you prayer warriors for the prayers you all gave for my dear, dear friend Elaine. She has been back in the hospital since Saturday. Her kidneys are shutting down, her heart is very bad and, she has sepsis. She did not even stir for 2 solid hours today while I was by her bedside. A mutual friend came in and we spoke of her wishes, her knowledge and my POA all agree, we knew Elaine well.
She is now in palliative care. The doctors do not think she will make it through this week. Things have been very sad here for sometime now. I have prayed that The Lord would please take her home, for awhile. I spoke to her even though she was totally our of it, if she heard or not, doesn't matter...maybe she did, in her spirit. I had prayed over her and reminded her that the Lord would soon welcome her into His Kingdom, all of her pain and and suffering would be gone. She loved the Lord so much. I will miss her very much but, it is much more comforting that she will soon be out of this horrible pain.
Praise God, who gives us all good things.
Blessings.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you prayer warriors for the prayers you all gave for my dear, dear friend Elaine. She has been back in the hospital since Saturday. Her kidneys are shutting down, her heart is very bad and, she has sepsis. She did not even stir for 2 solid hours today while I was by her bedside. A mutual friend came in and we spoke of her wishes, her knowledge and my POA all agree, we knew Elaine well.
She is now in palliative care. The doctors do not think she will make it through this week. Things have been very sad here for sometime now. I have prayed that The Lord would please take her home, for awhile. I spoke to her even though she was totally our of it, if she heard or not, doesn't matter...maybe she did, in her spirit. I had prayed over her and reminded her that the Lord would soon welcome her into His Kingdom, all of her pain and and suffering would be gone. She loved the Lord so much. I will miss her very much but, it is much more comforting that she will soon be out of this horrible pain.
Blessings.
Many blessings to you old friend. Keeping you in prayer.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did wonder if it would pan out like this , maybe the way everything has gone, although difficult, has actually given you time to prepare and be at peace about the outcome.
Thinking of you at this difficult time xxxxxxxxxx

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had prayed over her and reminded her that the Lord would soon welcome her into His Kingdom, all of her pain and suffering would be gone. She loved the Lord so much. I will miss her very much but, it is much more comforting that she will soon be out of this horrible pain.
You're right, of course. But it's still sad. May God comfort and strengthen you in this time.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did wonder if it would pan out like this , maybe the way everything has gone, although difficult, has actually given you time to prepare and be at peace about the outcome.
Thinking of you at this difficult time xxxxxxxxxx
Yes Rita, it has. Yesterday was very emotional as, all I could think of was the times when she was "herself". The good times we had, the loss of many things...like after our retirement we were going to rent an RV and travel the country and visit every little white church on a hill that we could find, lol...we plan, God laughs.
My prayers are being answered as we speak. He is taking her home and there will be no more suffering for her. Mental illness does run in her family and, as you know, Elaine always , always stepped up when anyone was in need and she loved the Lord like no other I know.
Thank you my friend and sister for caring and praying for her all this time.
xxx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear this @Nancy. God obviously wants her home. Either way she will be completely healed and happy to be home with her loving, heavenly family ♥♥♥
For sure @Angelina, it ha been a long haul, and never did I even think of praying that God take her until a couple years back, her suffering just got worse and worse.
"completely healed, and happy to be home with her loving heavenly family" <--- this is what I picture in my mind and it is a relief really, to not see or hear her suffer so.
Thank you sister prayer warrior!!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For sure @Angelina, it ha been a long haul, and never did I even think of praying that God take her until a couple years back, her suffering just got worse and worse.
"completely healed, and happy to be home with her loving heavenly family" <--- this is what I picture in my mind and it is a relief really, to not see or hear her suffer so.
Thank you sister prayer warrior!!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
xx
I pray that God will give Elaine release from her earthly suffering and gently, quietly and peacefully take her home to be with Jesus.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that God will give Elaine release from her earthly suffering and gently, quietly and peacefully take her home to be with Jesus.
Thank you Pearl. She is the last of whom I considered a "best friend". The other 4 passed in their 40's and early 50's...another this past September was 58. It is time to make new true Christian friends at the age of 66...not an easy task but, God leads, gives and takes. He is good all the time, during His wrath, He is righteousness, during His longsuffering and wages of war, compassion, forgiveness, chastisement and all other attributes of Him are equally good and always a part of Him amen.
xx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many thanks for all who have prayed all along for my dear friend, she passed just after midnight.
Elaine suffered so long and hard. Yesterday when I saw her, holding her hand and praying again that the Lord would bring her home was bittersweet. She is with the One she loved so so much and, I am relieved for that. There are so many memories over the past 53 years of our friendship. We came to faith in Jesus together a very long time ago and we held each other up in Him, prayed all the time together. We spoke almost daily, even when she was in the midst of her dementia. It was so easy to pull her out of the "I just want to die" statements when speaking of Christ and all He has prepared for those who love Him. Her whole attitude changed to joy, with tears and she would settle down after. But of course, as this horrific disease still pulled her down so, it was the same thing that would bring her into joy as best she could.
Thank you Lord, for taking her home.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sad for you Nancy but she is no longer suffering. Thank you Father for Elaine's life and her friendship with Nancy and also thank you for bringing her home to Jesus. Let Nancy be comforted by your loving arms Lord.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will be reunited with her when you make it there to heaven. I hope you and everyone who is affected by the passing of your friend be comforted and given the strength to carry on. I'm praying for you all.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all for the condolences for my good friend. It has been a bittersweet thing really, I've prayed God would take her for a while now, and she is finally with Him and is not suffering anymore, amen!
God is good..
She is in peace Nancy. I share your grief...love you sister