That God's will be done with sort of career choice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, after many years of not knowing what on earth I wanted to do with my life and wanting to stay home with kids, I think I chose something related to Python, and probably leaning towards data science, so I'm working on that with the understanding that my life is not my own and God will do whatever he wants anyway. Also, studying at home with the understanding it might not go really go anywhere and I have no idea what it will evolve into.

But I really have the urge to work on something anyway. I can't just sit around.

So please pray that God's will will be done and also that I can go through with things while also facing a lot of negative/discouraging comments in the process. I don't exactly have the best support system.

Thank you!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, after many years of not knowing what on earth I wanted to do with my life and wanting to stay home with kids, I think I chose something related to Python, and probably leaning towards data science, so I'm working on that with the understanding that my life is not my own and God will do whatever he wants anyway. Also, studying at home with the understanding it might not go really go anywhere and I have no idea what it will evolve into.

But I really have the urge to work on something anyway. I can't just sit around.

So please pray that God's will will be done and also that I can go through with things while also facing a lot of negative/discouraging comments in the process. I don't exactly have the best support system.

Thank you!

Oh no, sitting around had me in the depths of despair for a good 2 years. Not a good place to be, and a place that we do NOT have to stay! Amen? God WILL lead you and He will let you know where He wants you. You seem to be open to hear Him, and He has given you gifts and talents to use for His Kingdom, Amen!

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

"Also, studying at home with the understanding it might not go really go anywhere and I have no idea what it will evolve into."

No, but God does :) Just keep asking Him to open those doors sister!

I'm praying for you now Fluffy.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, sitting around had me in the depths of despair for a good 2 years. Not a good place to be, and a place that we do NOT have to stay! Amen? God WILL lead you and He will let you know where He wants you. You seem to be open to hear Him, and He has given you gifts and talents to use for His Kingdom, Amen!

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

"Also, studying at home with the understanding it might not go really go anywhere and I have no idea what it will evolve into."

No, but God does :) Just keep asking Him to open those doors sister!

I'm praying for you now Fluffy.

Thanks, Nancy! I really appreciate and take comfort in your prayers. Yes, it's been a long wait for me to figure something out and I had been praying for years and years! You're right. Not a good place to be and discouraging, but I was waiting on God for a long time.

I stumbled on the idea by chance when I took a test out of sheer boredom and it was recommended to me. I gave Python a shot and my ADHD brain likes it and I keep getting the answers right. :D:D So who knows what it will lead to, but for right now, it's like crochet on a screen for my brain so it gives me something to work on.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Nancy! I really appreciate and take comfort in your prayers. Yes, it's been a long wait for me to figure something out and I had been praying for years and years! You're right. Not a good place to be and discouraging, but I was waiting on God for a long time.

I stumbled on the idea by chance when I took a test out of sheer boredom and it was recommended to me. I gave Python a shot and my ADHD brain likes it and I keep getting the answers right. :D:D So who knows what it will lead to, but for right now, it's like crochet on a screen for my brain so it gives me something to work on.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

"I stumbled on the idea by chance" <--- NEVER, lol...I don't believe in "chance" when it comes to our awesome God :)

And, we do have several on here that DO pray for one another, and take comfort that we ARE lifting you in prayer sister.

Yes, I know how long it can take for His perfect timing. I have had prayers answered to a T over the last 12 or so years back that were prayed several decades back!

Keep asking, believing and get excited that He has the BEST plan for you :)
Remember the Poor widow and the unjust judge...

"18 Then Jesus told them a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart. 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for people. 3 In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Grant me justice against my opponent.’ 4 For a while he refused; but later he said to himself, ‘Though I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice, so that she may not wear me out by continually coming.’” 6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? 8 I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
Luke 18:1-8

God bless and answer your prayers, and give you comfort in knowing and only having your best in mind...we can't rush Him and, I wouldn't want to either!

Keep asking and believing that you will recognize His guidance when it comes by you.
It's all good :)
In His Name!
nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I stumbled on the idea by chance" <--- NEVER, lol...I don't believe in "chance" when it comes to our awesome God :)

And, we do have several on here that DO pray for one another, and take comfort that we ARE lifting you in prayer sister.

Yes, I know how long it can take for His perfect timing. I have had prayers answered to a T over the last 12 or so years back that were prayed several decades back!

Keep asking, believing and get excited that He has the BEST plan for you :)
Remember the Poor widow and the unjust judge...

"18 Then Jesus told them a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart. 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for people. 3 In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Grant me justice against my opponent.’ 4 For a while he refused; but later he said to himself, ‘Though I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice, so that she may not wear me out by continually coming.’” 6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? 8 I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
Luke 18:1-8

God bless and answer your prayers, and give you comfort in knowing and only having your best in mind...we can't rush Him and, I wouldn't want to either!

Keep asking and believing that you will recognize His guidance when it comes by you.
It's all good :)
In His Name!
nancy

You are probably right it wasn't chance. lol I love that scripture, so encouraging! Spent some time meditating on it today. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are probably right it wasn't chance. lol I love that scripture, so encouraging! Spent some time meditating on it today. Thanks so much!

You are welcome, it was God brought that to mind :)
Awesome verses, yes. I think on this parable when I get overexcited for something to happen, and impatient because this or that is taking so long. Learning to rest in Him, has not been an easy go of it for me, lol...yet...we will strive to be like Him :)

Reactions: DuckieLady