The 7 spirits of Revelation 4:5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Along with Revelation 4:5 is 5:6, which give similar thoughts and furthers our understanding as to the meaning of seven spirits. Revelation 5:6, “And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent forth into all the earth.” Note: the seven Spirits are sent forth into the earth and the seven churches each received a message from the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, 3:13, 3:22 “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches”.

The Lord sees the circumstances which each stage the Church is going through during the seven stages of the Church through the Gospel Age. Through His spirit, He deals with each stage in an appropriate manor. In Churches 2 and 6, He comes across in a soothing manor giving no rebukes. These were particularly hard, persecuting periods for the Christian Church. In Churches 1, 3, 4, 5, He began by stating the things that they had done properly. However, He concludes with a few appropriate rebukes. For the 7th and last stage of the Church (which we are presently in) he has nothing good to say about at all. Therefore he spews it out of his mouth, meaning he no longer recognizes the Christian Church of today as being a good witness to the world. “The salt has lost its saving aspect.” Nevertheless, Jesus continues to invite those who do have the right spirit to come to him on an individual basis.

Matthew 5:13, “You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor, where with shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.” The Christian Church today has corrupted itself to such an extent that its members can hardly be distinguished from unbelievers. The Church today is in the same condition that the Jewish Church was in Jesus’ day. And so the spirit of the Lord is working differently today than in the past. The spirit of the Lord is preparing to make the natural seed of Israel His new mouthpiece in the world. Romans 11:25, “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles be come in”. Ezekiel 39:7, “So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.”

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Along with Revelation 4:5 is 5:6, which give similar thoughts and furthers our understanding as to the meaning of seven spirits. Revelation 5:6, “And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, having seven horns, and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent forth into all the earth.” Note: the seven Spirits are sent forth into the earth and the seven churches each received a message from the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, 3:13, 3:22 “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches”.

The Lord sees the circumstances which each stage the Church is going through during the seven stages of the Church through the Gospel Age. Through His spirit, He deals with each stage in an appropriate manor. In Churches 2 and 6, He comes across in a soothing manor giving no rebukes. These were particularly hard, persecuting periods for the Christian Church. In Churches 1, 3, 4, 5, He began by stating the things that they had done properly. However, He concludes with a few appropriate rebukes. For the 7th and last stage of the Church (which we are presently in) he has nothing good to say about at all. Therefore he spews it out of his mouth, meaning he no longer recognizes the Christian Church of today as being a good witness to the world. “The salt has lost its saving aspect.” Nevertheless, Jesus continues to invite those who do have the right spirit to come to him on an individual basis.

Matthew 5:13, “You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor, where with shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.” The Christian Church today has corrupted itself to such an extent that its members can hardly be distinguished from unbelievers. The Church today is in the same condition that the Jewish Church was in Jesus’ day. And so the spirit of the Lord is working differently today than in the past. The spirit of the Lord is preparing to make the natural seed of Israel His new mouthpiece in the world. Romans 11:25, “For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles be come in”. Ezekiel 39:7, “So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.”
I was taught that it isn't seven individual spirits of God it is the seven-fold SPIRIT of God. Now angels are everywhere. Scripture states to the "angel" of Ephesus write this ... and to the "angel" of Philadelphia ... and so on. So it appears that an angel is assigned to each one of these seven churches which were specific first century churches.
I was also taught that these Seven Churches are "Church Types" that exist throughout the Church Age and we can see them today ... and there are hundreds of thousands of individual churches. Likely there are angels watching over each one of them and us as well. There may be 400 million of angels, (based on the fact that 200 million demons are released from the Abyss - 1/3 of the angel population.)
Within any one of these churches we can also see ourselves. In fact all churches have a mixed bag of folks not all on the same page. Most may be in agreement with the teachings of the Pastor of that church and it's creed if you will, but there are Jezebels, false teachers, fornication, faithful and unfaithful, givers and greedy and tares within. We see a small portion of the congregation activity involved but the rest just cruising along, not participating. In other words, as in the first century and every following century, there were good churches and bad churches, people within who were faithful and some weak and more sinful than others. For instance, in no Era was there a perfect Philadelphia type church that encompassed the entire globe that contained only faithful congregants. There will be, during the Millennial Kingdom.
Back to the concept of the seven-fold Spirit. Simply, "seven" is a number representing perfection. The Holy Spirit presides over the Body of Christ of which is made up of a million small churches. Examine the scripture, Rev. 5:6. It is the Lamb with seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits.
Horns
= kingdoms.
So 7 horns = A Perfect kingdom ruled by Christ.
7 eyes = perfect vision, knowledge, omniscience.
And so seven-fold Spirit is the Holy Spirit.