The ABOMINATION Of gay "marriage"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we all sin, the point though is one should not say that there sin is not a sin, and that God loves me, so that means I can engage in homosexual relationship, or I can lie, rob or murder. We should all come to see our sins, ask God for forgiveness and repent/forsake/make and effort to stop it....homosexuality is not the only sin and as far as God is consern, all persons who refuse to repent deserve death, no matter what kind of sin it is. The Bible was written for our (Christians) instruction and correction, regardless of our former back ground.
Agreed there verzanumi24.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Wakka;17321)
Civil Unions are just as bad. E Nomine. You've got to do everything to stop them. Or else you'll get against the will of God.
What is civil union, is that the same as common law marriage? You know, where a man and a woman living together as husband and wife, but did not have the tradional wedding?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Wikipedia)
ExamplesTo illustrate the possible difference between civil unions and domestic partnerships, the state of New Jersey enacted a domestic partnership law in 2004, offering certain limited rights and benefits to same-sex and different-sex couples; however, after a state Supreme Court ruling in 2006 that same-sex couples must be extended all the rights and benefits of marriage, the state legislature passed a new civil unions law, effective in 2007, which fulfills the court's ruling.In California, on the other hand, where domestic partnership has been available to same-sex couples since 2000, a wholesale revision of the law in 2005 has made it, like the New Jersey civil union law, equivalent to marriage in nearly every respect at the state level, though neither is recognized by the federal government.
It's pretty much the same as marriage, but with a different name. I wouldn't be surprised if homosexuals obtain even more rights then traditional married couples.Homosexuality is wrong. It's a sin. And it's against God's will. Therefore you shall not support it in any way and form.

seekingwisdom

Sep 8, 2007
The point I was making is that we all have sin, and whether or not one believes it is right or wrong that is not anyone's choice but their own. Regardless what they may say it does not help for so called christians to judge and tell them what an abomination they are if they have never been where they are. A person cannot judge what they do not know or have been in. If there would be more of a love walk than an I'm right your wrong walk maybe change would come into places where it is needed. Where change should begin is within the church. Think of how Jesus was He said things and did things which drew those near him to want to change. If we as a body cannot even reach the closest to us how can we ever expect to reach anywhere beyond that.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
(verzanumi24;17324)
What is civil union, is that the same as common law marriage? You know, where a man and a woman living together as husband and wife, but did not have the tradional wedding?
That is exactly it. All it is is a marriage "legalised" by the state.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(seekingwisdom;17327)
A person cannot judge what they do not know or have been in.
That's not really so, for example, I don't have to be a murderer to know that murder is wrong. And in that respect I make a judgment that anyone who commits murder is wrong for doing it. But the thing is this, while I judge between what is right and what is wrong, I should not condemn that person. There is a difference between judging and condemning.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(E Nomine;17329)
That is exactly it. All it is is a marriage "legalised" by the state.
In that case the only way I would say a civil union is wrong is if it's two men or two women involved. One does not have to have be married in a wedding, for it to be right. There is no scripture in the Bible that says a minister or someone that represents the state has to be involved, in order to make a man and women who are committed to each other, and chose to live with each other right in God's eyes. It is the commitment to each other that makes the relationship binding.There are people who have traditional marriage (a wedding) and are living in sin, because they did not really committed themselves to each other from the start to each. They are married but some are committed to there job, money and someone else ect.

tim bennett

Aug 22, 2007
can you not say piss in here? the word pisseth is all over the old testament. do your own research. and gay sex and hetero sex out of marriage is a sin. but the heterosexuals are not trying to push a normal , healthy, god given act of sex with your opposite gendered spouse to the gay liberal left. they should. teach them some values. i think it is way too politically correct in here. i think the gays(and liberal left) are spraying their mess like a skunk spraying his piss.wrong is wrong. jesus loves the gays, but he knows THAT THEIR(GAYS)ACTIONS ARE AN ABOMINTION TO GOD. we need to grow some balls in here! the eunuchs too!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(tim bennett;17343)
can you not say piss in here? the word pisseth is all over the old testament. do your own research. and gay sex and hetero sex out of marriage is a sin. but the heterosexuals are not trying to push a normal , healthy, god given act of sex with your opposite gendered spouse to the gay liberal left. they should. teach them some values. i think it is way too politically correct in here. i think the gays(and liberal left) are spraying their mess like a skunk spraying his piss.wrong is wrong. jesus loves the gays, but he knows THAT THEIR(GAYS)ACTIONS ARE AN ABOMINTION TO GOD. we need to grow some balls in here! the eunuchs too!
:eek::naughty:I would refrain from saying that. Use other friendlier words :x.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
If there would be more of a love walk than an I'm right your wrong walk maybe change would come into places where it is needed. Where change should begin is within the church.
I disagree with that whole thought. The Bible hasn't changed. God's word is still God's word. You think that because a percentage of the population wants it to be so that God will change His mind? Do you think the church should stop following God's word and "fit in" better with society? All that politically correct absurdity. I'll just have to disagree...

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
Why not? The church has been doing it since it's conception. Why should it stop now?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Do you think that Jesus supports gay rights? Would he want them to continue practicing immorality?

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
It appears we have loggerheads.The legalisation of marriage becomes president in that the law of the land must be obeyed in the eyes of God, unless as in Daniels case it would cause you to sin against God.The Law only recognises a marriage where a civil or church ceremony has taken place and a certificate granted. Concubines had the same rights as wives, but servants did not.Marriage ordained by God for man and a woman so the fact is same sex couples cannot be married. No matter what a epice of papers says.A man and a woman who remain together living together would be in the bible equivellent to a concubine. However they will not be married in the way of the world but the sight of God is another thing.So we need to look how God teaches us about marriage in the bible and how we are to look at the law where we live.Divorce was written and turn round three time saying, "I divorce thee, I divorce thee, etc in Moses time. Now we need a court to hear it and grant it.We need to keep up with modern times whilst not losing sight of the truth.Sodomy is condemned full stop. And having sex out of wedlock is also a no, no. Faithful:):angel9:

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Faithful;17373)
It appears we have loggerheads.The legalisation of marriage becomes president in that the law of the land must be obeyed in the eyes of God, unless as in Daniels case it would cause you to sin against God.The Law only recognises a marriage where a civil or church ceremony has taken place and a certificate granted. Concubines had the same rights as wives, but servants did not.Marriage ordained by God for man and a woman so the fact is same sex couples cannot be married. No matter what a epice of papers says.A man and a woman who remain together living together would be in the bible equivellent to a concubine. However they will not be married in the way of the world but the sight of God is another thing.So we need to look how God teaches us about marriage in the bible and how we are to look at the law where we live.Divorce was written and turn round three time saying, "I divorce thee, I divorce thee, etc in Moses time. Now we need a court to hear it and grant it.We need to keep up with modern times whilst not losing sight of the truth.Sodomy is condemned full stop. And having sex out of wedlock is also a no, no. Faithful:):angel9:
Anything that people do out side the Church is not our business, unless they are trying to impose immorality on the Church. We are to make certain that our house is in order. As Christians our job is simply to preach the gospel and baptized those who believe. We can not keep a dying world from dying....in fact it is dead, we are not of this world, as Jesus said, therefore let those out side the Church do as they are lead by Satan. When Jesus returns, then He will set out to change the world to what it should be.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
Let me ask this. If homosexual marriage becomes legal, could they then sue churches that refused to marry them based on discrimination? Seems to me this could be a problem for most churches.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If they had special rights, then yes. And I would certainly say they would obtain those rights. Anyway, this is our country and we need to protect it. Think of America as a church.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(For Life;17375)
Let me ask this. If homosexual marriage becomes legal, could they then sue churches that refused to marry them based on discrimination? Seems to me this could be a problem for most churches.
Whilst a priest is licensed to perform marriage you must pay the church for use of the building it does not belong to those who issue licenses.Therefore a priest can refuse to marry any one in the church because their wages are paid by the church called stipend and this is different from registry offices where they are paid by the local registry office. So a priest cannot be forced to perform a marriage which goes against the beliefs of the church.Where as a registrar must perform marriages for all in the registry office.Faithful.
smile.gif
:angel9: