The Abundant Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Abundant life one that is a fruitful life.

God created plants to fruit and propagate themselves. Jesus cursed the fig tree. Why? It was green but did not bear fruit so He cursed the tree. A good tree brings forth good fruit. You will know them by their fruits. God is life and created man and plants to bring forth life. I came that you might have life and life abundantly. A fruitful life is Gods design for us. The Fruit of the Spirit in us is our evidence we have life (the Spiritual life, born of the Spirit) which God created us for His good works that He prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. We are Gods workmanship created for that purpose.

The parable of the sower in which the good soil produces much fruit. God did not create man, animals and plants to look good but to multiply, bear fruit, procreate. They(we) are agents of life to bring forth fruit, life. We are created in Gods image to bring forth life, to be fruitful and multiply.

It’s the nature of God to send, distribute, equip, empower and to set free. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to accomplish this in our life. Jesus had to leave to give us the Holy Spirit. Jesus greatest thing He did as a leader of men was to leave. He removed Himself to give us His Spirit. And the result was to Be fruitful!

Sin brought forth death, unfruitfulness, thorns, thistles, labor etc….

Gods truth like water is designed to bring forth life/fruit. Truth is not an end to itself but the foundation for life. Fruit brings glory to God. Salvation is not the end game either but fruit in your life, good works. Faith without works/fruit is dead. James 2:17

Philippians 1:9-11
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; 11 having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Titus 3:14
And our people must also learn to devote themselves to good works in order to meet the pressing needs of others, so that they will not be unfruitful.

James 3:18
Peacemakers who sow in peace reap the fruit of righteousness.

John 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Psalm 1:2-3
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Ezekiel 47:12
Along both banks of the river, fruit trees of all kinds will grow. Their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. Each month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will be used for food and their leaves for healing.

Truth is from God and lies are from satan. This is the cosmic battle but the ultimate reality of the battle is that one leads to Life and the other leads to death.

The Parable of the Talents Matthew 25
“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

How is your fruit yard doing today ?

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'll agree that the Abundant Life is fruitful. But I wouldn't define my life according to my works. The abundance in my life is knowing God, having intimacy with my Faithful and Unseen Creator.

But who is that servant whom his Master reaps where He hasn't sown, and who is cast out over his works? Whom is that servant who is cast into outer darkness? God's begotten child?

I do hope this will help!

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'll agree that the Abundant Life is fruitful. But I wouldn't define my life according to my works. The abundance in my life is knowing God, having intimacy with my Faithful and Unseen Creator.

But who is that servant whom his Master reaps where He hasn't sown, and who is cast out over his works? Whom is that servant who is cast into outer darkness? God's begotten child?

I do hope this will help!

Much love!
Just like an unfruitful fig tree that Jesus cursed and it withered so to is an unfruitful person not doing what God designed them to do which is be productive and bear fruit. Its Gods design from the beginning. s

The self-life is anti God/ anti-Christ.

hope this helps !!!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's fine, as long as you are not talking about the prosperity gospel? You really didn't specify what one is meant to be fruitful with? I would say that exclusively, fruitful means to gain converts and absolutely nothing else, at least as in the parable of the sower.
It was only in your post to marks #3, that you seemed to imply this (being selfless)? But, even that was ambiguous?

I reread your OP, you are saying that predominantly, bearing fruit is accomplishing good works. But, judging by all the verses that you cited, I would say that it includes both, winning over souls with either words of truth or acts of righteousness, or performing deeds that please God and abide by the guidelines of Christian discipleship.
Yes, both are great and to be coveted, ....but saving souls is better. Thus, I don't consider myself to be a rather fruitful Christian (more due to the latter definition), which I believe that there will be repercussions.

Either way, we will be held accountable for the failure of both, I do believe.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine, as long as you are not talking about the prosperity gospel? You really didn't specify what one is meant to be fruitful with? I would say that exclusively, fruitful means to gain converts and absolutely nothing else, at least as in the parable of the sower.
It was only in your post to marks #3, that you seemed to imply this (being selfless)? But, even that was ambiguous?

I reread your OP, you are saying that predominantly, bearing fruit is accomplishing good works. But, judging by all the verses that you cited, I would say that it includes both, winning over souls with either words of truth or acts of righteousness, or performing deeds that please God and abide by the guidelines of Christian discipleship.
Yes, both are great and to be coveted, ....but saving souls is better. Thus, I don't consider myself to be a rather fruitful Christian (more due to the latter definition), which I believe that there will be repercussions.

Either way, we will be held accountable for the failure of both, I do believe.
Galatians 5:22-23 the fruit of the spirit. How one loves and treats others. Placing the needs of others as more important than self.

hope this helps !!!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Galatians 5:22-23 the fruit of the spirit. How one loves and treats others. Placing the needs of others as more important than self.

hope this helps !!!
Yes, you are correct. I think that specifically the sower is about gaining converts, but, of course, both our interpretations can apply, I believe.