The Author of salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
heb 5: 9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; The suffering and obedience of Christ per phil 2: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. This obedience unto death constituted Him the Author of eternal salvation unto them obeying Him.. This means in essence, His being made perfect through His obedience, effects the obedience of those obeying Him.. Gospel Obedience is the result of Jesus Christ being made perfect.. Those who are obeying Jesus Christ, need to be thankful, for His being made perfect and authoring eternal salvation which produced their obedience.. 2 thess 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Jesus will soon come in vengence on them that are not obeying His Gospel.. This also tells us then, that He was not the author of their obedience, hence He was not made perfect for them.. Jesus Christ did not die for those who don't obey His Gospel..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And so Jesus has changed and mercy is no longer relevant ???? Jesus died for the sins of all men.Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. Its easy to quote scripture its harder to find the truth.Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Be very careful that you dont become just like them.In His love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is the life in those words that you quoted, where is the LOve that we all throw around like confettii, where is the mercy that God requires, those words only bring condemnaton, is it not God that forgives and the devil that accuses. And then again, why do I have to deal with those scriptures , what are they going to do to me, My faith is in the Living God, not the dead letter.And the title contradicts the message.In His Love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why must I deal with the scriptures ??? How it going to change my Life ???In His LOve