The Bible supports reincarnation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No way hozay..:)
Reincarnation is just a satan-inspired notion that suckers people into believing there's no such thing as hell and that they'll keep being recycled onto earth over and over..:)
Matthew 18

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Does God not live by His own principles? Is God not just? Is God not forgiving and loving?

Reactions: Mr E

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the distant future the sun will consume the earth, so where will those who believe in reincarnation be recycled to then?..:)

red-giant.jpg

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Does God not live by His own principles? Is God not just? Is God not forgiving and loving?

Of course He does. That's why we call His principles- universal. Jesus taught that we should be forgiving, because of that universal principle that says-- "the measure you use, is the measure that will be used for you." The concept is fairness. Justice-- which is always balanced. If you want to be forgiven-much (70 x 7) then you need to forgive -much.

This is with respect to forgiveness between brothers. The over-arching principle regarding God's sense of fairness, love and forgiveness is taught elsewhere through parable. Are you familiar with all of them? I don't want to assume you are not.

Reactions: Adam

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't eat another bite. I'm full. I'm stuffed.
I'm carrying all I can carry. Everything I picked up along the way. My pockets are bulging.
I am rich and have acquired great wealth, and need nothing.

You have to be willing to set some things down, to empty yourself-- or there will be room at your "IN" for him.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes in forums a reincarnationist will say something like "I was a soldier in a past life", so I tell him "Great, I'm a military forum moderator so please tell us more about it".
But they then go into "vague" mode and avoid giving precise answers that can be checked out..:)

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes in forums a reincarnationist will say something like "I was a soldier in a past life", so I tell him "Great, I'm a military forum moderator so please tell us more about it".
But they then go into "vague" mode and avoid giving precise answers that can be checked out..:)
Not that I think we can remember past lives (that would defeat the whole point), but how many memories do you have of being a newborn? If you can't describe being born in accurate detail, I can only assume it never happened.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No way hozay..:)
Reincarnation is just a satan-inspired notion that suckers people into believing there's no such thing as hell and that they'll keep being recycled onto earth over and over..:)

Amen

Reactions: Dropship

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's exactly because of logic that man must start at a base and evil state. If God created a man as completely perfect, it would only be an illusion or a philosophical zombie, with no free will. For something to exist as a free willed and independent being, it must gain its own knowledge.
Well in the likeness isn't identical, from dirt to human gained knowledge along the way to a fully developed reasoning cerebral cortex.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are a lot of questions regarding what happened in Genesis.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 kings 2:9

My anthropology class in high school claims followers would inhale the last exhaled breath of dying leaders and prophets.

In this way they would inherit the spirit of the leader or prophet.

This somewhat parallels genesis 2:7 where God breathes life into man:

Ancient cultures believed they could inherit roles of leadership or spiritualism from others in this fashion.

I think any differences in opinion people have can be settled through friendly discussion.

It certainly is the best format if our goal is learning.
I can't say your anthropology class or the beliefs of ancient cultures would be credible references for truth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's exactly because of logic that man must start at a base and evil state. If God created a man as completely perfect, it would only be an illusion or a philosophical zombie, with no free will. For something to exist as a free willed and independent being, it must gain its own knowledge.
That kind of idea is from the DEVIL himself.

That suggests that God desired that Adam disobey Him, just so Adam could grow in knowledge of good and evil from eating of the forbidden tree in the midst of the Garden.

It was Satan that tempted Eve in getting her to believe that she could become a 'god' by eating from that tree of the knowledge of good and evil, in order to know good and evil. Satan was telling a LIE. No one can become their own 'god' by following Satan or by trying to acquire knowledge of good and evil.

I well understand the Occult fraternities out there in the world teach such falsehoods like reaching perfection and becoming your own Christ, because in the higher (Greater Mysteries) they worship Lucifer himself. But all that is very soon to come tumbling down and destroyed forever! For Christ Jesus' return is closer today than it has ever been (per the Signs He gave His servants about the 'end').

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That kind of idea is from the DEVIL himself.
What purpose does the Devil have, for God to create him?

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Come on people, a videogame from the 90s figured this all out, how come there are people who devote their lives to studying religious texts who still don't get it?

Why did God create the universe?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What purpose does the Devil have, for God to create him?

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

Come on people, a videogame from the 90s figured this all out, how come there are people who devote their lives to studying religious texts who still don't get it?

Why did God create the universe?

ha ha.... You think it was for His amusement? -That would certainly be within His rights, wouldn't it? I mean, He would be capable of doing that-- but that sounds like something children would do for entertainment.... but the Father? -Maybe He just allowed it. Innocent fun, in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.