The Big 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My church discusses 'the Big 3' in a cavalier manner. Perhaps it is so obvious to everyone but me? So, I wanted to discuss it.

In the automotive industry after World War II, the American car companies (GM, Ford & Chrysler) had no competition in all the world for the other industrial cities were destroyed by bombs. These 3 dominated the automotive industry for decades after and were called "The Big 3." My church uses this term to refer to what tends to worry people.
  1. Relationships
  2. Finances
  3. Health
Of course, there may be other concerns that could even be argued as subsets of these Big 3. Is that the extent of what worries people? That if not for these 3 things, we'd live rather blissfully here on Earth?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My church discusses 'the Big 3' in a cavalier manner. Perhaps it is so obvious to everyone but me? So, I wanted to discuss it.

In the automotive industry after World War II, the American car companies (GM, Ford & Chrysler) had no competition in all the world for the other industrial cities were destroyed by bombs. These 3 dominated the automotive industry for decades after and were called "The Big 3." My church uses this term to refer to what tends to worry people.
  1. Relationships
  2. Finances
  3. Health
Of course, there may be other concerns that could even be argued as subsets of these Big 3. Is that the extent of what worries people? That if not for these 3 things, we'd live rather blissfully here on Earth?
Without those three we'd be pretty badly off. ;) But yes, worrying is a lack of faith in God...or the level of one's own reliance on God.

I think people also worry about the coming judgment...which is actually a healthy thing....the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Of course people would rather worry about temporal things and consider eternal things of no consequence, being fully convinced there is nothing to worry about.

As usual, we tend to get things exactly backwards.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness