The Biggest Lie of the Devil; Doing Good Will Get You To Heaven = Romans 3;10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 3;10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

John 14:6,11
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Matthew 7;22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Roman 9;30-33
What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Galatians 2;16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Titus 3;4-7
But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ephesians 2;8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 3;11
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Acts 10;36-43
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all). That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him. And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree; Him God raised up the third day, and shewed Him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with Him after He rose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 17;29-31
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.

I Jonn 2;1-2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

AMEN

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romans 3;10

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Matthew 7;22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Roman 9;30-33
What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Galatians 2;16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Titus 3;4-7
But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Ephesians 2;8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 3;11
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Acts 10;36-43
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all). That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him. And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree; Him God raised up the third day, and shewed Him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with Him after He rose from the dead. And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 17;29-31
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.

I Jonn 2;1-2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

AMEN

That would certainly be a lie maam, but I think him claiming to be deserving of the worship that is to be given to God is a bit more severe don't you think? Mat 4:9

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That would certainly be a lie maam, but I think him claiming to be deserving of the worship that is to be given to God is a bit more severe don't you think? Mat 4:9

A person who believes they can lose their salvation is actually practicing NOT BELIEVING IN JESUS.
If they did, they would not believe they can lose their salvation, as they would TRUST JESUS to keep them saved.

So, this is very offensive to God.
Its to literally SPIT on the Cross, when a person does not believe that Jesus keeps you saved.
You are DENYING CHRIST all the credit due Him alone for SALVATION< and have given it to yourself.
Thats SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and its incredibly blasphemous.
And when you preach this offensive "self saving" Christ rejection blasphemy in Public, you are literally denying the Cross of Christ.
You are become "anti-Cross", and that is Anti-Christ.
Many do it here on this Forum., and not just this one.

Reactions: Enoch111

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3;10

Matthew 7;22-23

Roman 9;30-33

Galatians 2;16

Titus 3;4-7

Ephesians 2;8-9

Galatians 3;11

Acts 10;36-43

Acts 17;29-31

I Jonn 2;1-2
AMEN

Amen for sure... Miz KJV Only

NASB: Joh 6:44
"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws (DRAGS) him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Net bible: Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him,66 and I will raise him up at the last day.

Net Bible
Joh 6:44
-
66 tn Or "attracts him," or "pulls him." The word is used of pulling or dragging, often by force. It is even used once of magnetic attraction (A. Oepke,
TDNT 2:503).

sn The Father who sent me draws him. The author never specifically explains what this "drawing" consists of. It is evidently some kind of attraction; whether it is binding and irresistible or not is not mentioned. But there does seem to be a parallel with Joh_6:65, where Jesus says that no one is able to come to him unless the Father has allowed it. This apparently parallels the use of Isaiah by John to reflect the spiritual blindness of the Jewish leaders (see the quotations from Isaiah in Joh_9:41 and Joh_12:39-40).

You think you have a choice.... Miz KJV Only

NASB Joh 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."
CEV Joh 6:65 Then Jesus said, "You cannot come to me, unless the Father makes you want to come. That is why I have told these things to all of you."

NASB Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases.
CEV Psa 115:3 Our God is in the heavens, doing as he chooses.

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

Belief is a GIFT - Phil 1:29 - "For you have been granted [the gift] to grant as a favor for Christ's sake not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer in His behalf."

Faith is a GIFT -
Eph 2:8-10 - "For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [ the gift of] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves, but it is the gift of God; Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.] For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

You are correct Sir... Doing Good Will NOT Get You To Heaven!
Paul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I heard the biggest lie of the devil was to convince people he does not exist. Thoughts?
I think the biggest lie of the devil is pretending to be God and instructing people into lies and blasphemy.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-5
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 3;10

Matthew 7;22-23

Roman 9;30-33

Galatians 2;16

Titus 3;4-7

Ephesians 2;8-9

Galatians 3;11

Acts 10;36-43

Acts 17;29-31

I Jonn 2;1-2

AMEN
You left out the important part of that scripture:

Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Romans 3;10

Matthew 7;22-23

Roman 9;30-33

Galatians 2;16

Titus 3;4-7

Ephesians 2;8-9

Galatians 3;11

Acts 10;36-43

Acts 17;29-31

I Jonn 2;1-2

AMEN
If you want to know about doing to get to heaven which the rich young ruler did, Jesus told him. You know his answer!
.....but it's a wrong/poor question. It assumes the starting point is you......and anything that starts with you will inevitably come up with a flawed theology.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who believes they can lose their salvation is actually practicing NOT BELIEVING IN JESUS.
If they did, they would not believe they can lose their salvation, as they would TRUST JESUS to keep them saved.

So, this is very offensive to God.
Its to literally SPIT on the Cross, when a person does not believe that Jesus keeps you saved.
You are DENYING CHRIST all the credit due Him alone for SALVATION< and have given it to yourself.
Thats SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and its incredibly blasphemous.
And when you preach this offensive "self saving" Christ rejection blasphemy in Public, you are literally denying the Cross of Christ.
You are become "anti-Cross", and that is Anti-Christ.
Many do it here on this Forum., and not just this one.

It is simply a Bible teaching sir. Salvation does not come for most of us until the end of the millennial reign of Christ. Salvation comes from many factors, but for us individually, it is our obedience that grants us life. Are you aware of what salvation is sir?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
T
I Jonn 2;1-2

Reader,

Miz KJV Only posted a very good verse that can help you out of the 1 John 1:9 sinning and confessing trap that so many people, including the born again are involved with..

Let me paraphrase that verse John gave, so that you can see it..
First, notice when studying John, if he is addressing the "little children" or not.
John calls the born again, the believers, ...."little children".
If not, then he's not talking to a group of born again Christians.
That's important that you understand.....so, notice that carefully so that you "rightly divide" John's verse.

Now, John is saying in 1 john 2:1-2... = To all the born again, if you do a work of the flesh, if you do commit a carnal deed, like you did before you were saved, then know that in heaven, you have Christ you Risen Savior who is always before God as your Eternal PARDON and FORGIVENESS>. Christ is always there, providing Himself to God as the salvation for all your sin. Hebrews 10:12
So "Little Children".... when you mess up, always realize that Christ is always your ETERNAL FORGIVENESS for your deed, and always remains your eternal forgiveness for as long as God lives.

Welcome to : SALVATION