The Book of Joshua

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've been reading the book of Joshua for a couple of days now, what does everybody think about this book? what do you think about Joshua and the battle of Jerichio? what does everyone think of the cities that Joshua fought against, does God help you fight your battles? it would be intresting to hear what everyone thinks

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A big take away for me is - always obey God’s commandments at all times so you don’t fall into the cunning craftiness of men/Satan.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've been reading the book of Joshua for a couple of days now, what does everybody think about this book? what do you think about Joshua and the battle of Jerichio? what does everyone think of the cities that Joshua fought against, does God help you fight your battles? it would be intresting to hear what everyone thinks

Hi Angel, Not really addressing your questions but I wanted to share a couple of verses that are recorded for us in Joshua that are really outstanding verses maam. The first is found in chap 23:14 which reads: I am about to die, and you well know with all your heart and with all your soul that not one word out of all the good promises that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed.
God's people's faith was surely strengthened by that comment, think of all they had seen, and lived. How much moreso can we say that today, we have seen so much more, we have observed the Messiah come on the scene, the birth of Christianity, the apostasy, and now living in the last days fulfillment of all these last day prophecies. These things we observe really strengthen our faith as did it our pre-Christian brothers and sisters.

Another one, the most critical one, a commandment that we need to take very seriously, with Jesus even saying it is the most important law, the first commandment is recorded for us at 24:15 which reads: Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”
The Bible points out that there are many gods and lords, but to us Christians there is but one God Jesus' Father 1 Cor 8:5. Obviously there was divisions among God's people when Joshua told them to serve whatever god they chose, but for us true Christians the choice is still the same, as for us we shall serve Jehovah, as our Lord Jesus instructed us to do. Mat 4:10

Enjoy your study of Joshua maam, and I hope when you come to verses I commented on in your study, this may help you with the information you are taking in.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of OT is Israelites being put to the test. They were a test case for mankind and so their successes and failures are examples of how the best us would respond to the same situations. We would all fail to keep the Law, so we all needed a Savior to fulfill it for us. Testing their faith, through obeying His commandments, the consequences and punishment when they didn't, forgiveness, reconciliation, prophecies fortold and fulfilled, Covenants made and kept, the love, the grace, the healing and prospering, etc. all wrapped up in the knowledge of good and evil.
When God tells you to build an ark because a flood is coming, obey His commands, go and defeat armies that are much larger than yours, march around the walls of Jericho, or He spits in the dirt, rubs it on your eyes and tells you to wash it off in a pool in order to see again - trust and believe Him.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you for shareing this, anymore opinions would be nice, God bless you all

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok i wanted to share more on the book of Joshua today, here's what really intrested me, the chapters where Joshua led the childern of isreal though the river the preists were carrying the ark of the coveant & the river stopped flowing just long enough for them to cross over, this miracle done by God was exactly like the parting of the Red Sea, then Joshua told some men to put some stones into the river as a rememberance to remind them about what happened & how God was there for them, the next thing that intrested me was when Joshua was fighting to take control of the Promised Land & God made the sun and moon stand still in the sky after Joshua prayed to him, what do you think happened? did God cause a day to be skipped?

Reactions: MatthewG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nikola Tesla tried a little experiment in his apartment building with a gadget that continually produced a repeating vibration, timed at precise intervals so each vibration built upon itself. The building where he lived eventually began to shake, and many there thought it was an earthquake. Police were called to investigate.

Joshua 9 is very important, because in that chapter is revealed how Joshua unknowingly made a pact with a group of people in a caravan that had traveled from a far country, and were starving and their clothes all in tatters. Only thing was, one Israel looked more closely at the group and noticed they hadn't come from a far away country at all. They were Canaanites. At that time God had commanded the children of Israel to wipe out specific nations of the land of the Canaan, so those Canaanites feared the children of Israel, so they dressed up and acted like a different people from a far land. Since Joshua was tricked into already making a pact to let them dwell among Israel, he made them bondservants. And thus as God had foretold the children of Israel in Judges 2 and 3, He said He would leave the Canaanites to dwell among Israel, to see if Israel would follow Him, or not.

And that... was one of the main problems the children of Israel had throughout their history, those crept in unawares, the tares of Lord Jesus' parable of the tares of the field. They would cause Israel to fall into idol worship many times, and will do it again one final time, for the end of this world.

Reactions: shortangel