The Book of Mormon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
How do you guys, as Christians, feel about this book? Personaly, I found it highly entertaining and a good read and the ending left a lot open for a sequal. A shame that Joseph Smith deviated from the main story and wrote the other two books. Both still a wonderously ficticious book.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
You mean the book of Moron
wink.gif
. The Mormon belief has changed so much, that it isn't even the same as when it first began. Black people didn't have souls. Quakers live on the moon. Everyone will become a God and have millions of spiritual babies. The more wives the better.Bottom line, It's a messed up cult.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
Mormonism is a joke because among other things it's a politically-correct FLIP-FLOP RELIGION, changing its basic doctrines to suit the changing times.They even admit it - "Forget everything that I have said, or what President Brigham Young or President George Q. Cannon or whomsoever has said in days past that is contrary to the present revelation. We spoke with a limited understanding and without the light and knowledge that now has come into the world"Mormon Elder Bruce R. McConkie in an address to a Symposium for Seminary and Institute teachers, Brigham Young University, 18 Aug. 1978

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree with all the above and I have read it It always reminds me of this verse Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:Yet they and many other religions do add to these words

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I also have to agree with all of the above...Religion makes me sick and it is Satanic. I rather stick with the Word of God anyday, rather than the traditions of men.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
I'm waiting for a Mel Gibson directed movie based on the book. lolI think I'll read it again.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
My Christian Evangelist friend used to be a Mormon but he got out because he felt a 'sense of Satanic oppression' in there.For example in their temple they used to have a Bible up at the front, with the Book of Mormon ON TOP of it, as if to say 'its more important than the Bible'.In fact, the B of M calls us FOOLS for thinking the Bible is all we need!"Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible" (Book of Mormon II Nephi 29:6)

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
I wish he wrote a sequale before he died. Shame, shame.I like how he totaly screwed up the whole King James feel of the book.

tim bennett

Aug 22, 2007
lol, amen enomine. i am not a mormon expert but i think they believe jesus was just a man on a planet, sought goodness and got his own planet. and if current mormons do good, get married in a mormon tabernacle, and read the "book of mormon" they too can be gods of their own planet one day. lol= oh me=that is what one of my preacher friends tells me. mormons also believe that everyone will one day make it into heaven.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
mormons don't show up to my door anymore. Last time they did I asked, "So answer me this, you guys believe that, even though I will not die a Mormon you will babtise me as one as soon as I die, correct, despite the fact taht you don't know wether I accept Joseph Smith as prophet or not.""Uh, yeah," the elder said. "Good, wait untill I'm dead then" closed the door.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
It's funny how if a relative of a Mormon dies as anything but a Mormon, their Mormon relatives can sign a paper that can convert your soul into Mormonism. That's bologna.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I have the book of Mormon and read thru all of it several years ago.First of all, let me say this: I tend to be very accepting of apocryphal works, such as Enoch, Jubilees, Jashar and others.But I found a problem with the book of Mormon. The angel Moroni supposedly shown Joseph Smith those golden plates and that was witnesses by some "insiders". That's the problem. Usually when there is apocryphal works, it can be verified by independent sources. This was not the case here.In addition, I found that the book of Mormon sounded much like "cut and paste" passages from Isaiah and the epistles.Furthermore, I was surprised to hear that "Moroni" sounded suspiciously like "Marconi" which was about the same time in history (being an electronic technician myself).I'm as open-minded as anyone, but this was too much of a stretch for me.IN its defense however, I found no real dangerous doctrine there if I read it correctly. As a matter of fact, the teaching of Mormon does not sound anything like their own book if I was to come to my own conclusions. In other words, I did not find there in their "scripture" where they get their ideas from.??????

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
Yea, your right because CHRIST TOTALY CAME TO THE AMERICAS AND WITNESSED TO THE LOST JEWS AFTER HIS CRUCIFIXION!

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
My ex-Mormon friend told me all about their temple rituals and garments and special underwear. Here are a couple of Mormon priests, they look like Pizza Hut chefs to me..And notice the "secret hand signals" they're giving, they probably mean "don't forget to put the cat out", ha ha ha..
smile.gif
mormons.jpg

Garry T

Jul 27, 2007
It's a great read...................If you're an insomniac......................It'll put you to sleep before the second page.....................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

adonaicole

Aug 28, 2007
I'm a very avid reader and I like to read series of books by the same author, like Dumas, Balzac, Hugo, each author has his own style and I can recognize the author by his style. The book of Mormon does not have the same author as the bible, I read the whole thing and it does not have the same style.