The Bride of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Thread is for identifying from Scripture who the Bride of Christ is.

The Bride of Christ are the Disciples of Christ = John 3:25-29
Then there arose a dispute between some of John’s disciples and the Jews about purification. And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified—behold, He/Jesus is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!
John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.’
He/Jesus who has the Bride is the Bridegroom; but the friend of the Bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.

The Bride of Christ/His Disciples are also His Friends = Matthew 9:14-15
Then the disciples of John came to Him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but Your disciples do not fast?”
And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them?
But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.

The Bride of Christ is the Church - 2 Corinthians 11:1-4
Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy.
For I have betrothed you to one Husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

The Church is the Bride of Christ - Ephesians 5:25-32
“Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her,
that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that He/Jesus might present the Church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.”

The Church has been Wed/Betrothed to Christ - Ephesians 2:4-7
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Christ purchased His Bride with His Blood - Acts 20:28
I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the Church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing @David in NJ.

I remember Jesus talking about coming to get his bride, and I suppose that one day he will come get those who have faith in him, upon their death. God is good, and to join the party in heaven it's to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ, who died, was buried, and risen again by the Spirit of God.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing @David in NJ.

I remember Jesus talking about coming to get his bride, and I suppose that one day he will come get those who have faith in him, upon their death. God is good, and to join the party in heaven it's to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ, who died, was buried, and risen again by the Spirit of God.
@MatthewG

i have noticed a very pleasant change in your understanding since we first spoke months ago = Stay in the Truth as you are doing.

Reactions: MatthewG