"The Chosen"Controversy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Newsweek

The Chosen has become the latest target of boycott calls from a faction of conservatives after an LGBTQ+ Pride flag was spotted on the Christian historical drama's set.
Distributed internationally by Lionsgate Television, The Chosen is the first multi-series show that traces the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. Some $45 million—mostly through crowdfunding—was spent on the first two seasons of the production. A third season premiered in December and concluded in February.
While The Chosen has garnered largely positive reviews, it is now facing criticism and boycott calls for the presence of an LGBTQ+ Pride flag that was spotted in behind-the-scenes footage of the show's upcoming fourth season.
In recent months, the number of large U.S. brands being targeted with boycott calls has grown dramatically, as a host of different companies unveil products supporting Pride Month, which takes place every June. Companies supporting the LGBTQ+ community outside of Pride Month have also faced backlash from conservatives.
BEST OF NEWSWEEK

Reactions: Gandalf-

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's @25. seconds in.

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't watch nor care to watch a show that depicts Jesus as just a man.
Here on earth he was known as the Son of God; in my heart He is God, my Lord and my saviour as Thomas apply stated!

We have the gospels to KNOW Jesus. The world wants to take away the deity of the Christ.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrong apology, but I get what he's saying.

It would be like if you wrote a Christian book-- say about Jesus and his story. And they offer to sell and promote your book at Barnes and Noble and at the book launch, they set you up at a table in the corner of store to sign autographed copies....

And there are folks there taking pictures of the event to be used on your website for online promotion, and one of those people taking pictures has a BLM button on the lapel of his jacket, and that person gets caught in the frame of the picture that someone else is taking of you, signing books.

Much ado about nothing. His button certainly doesn't make you guilty of promoting the BLM agenda.

Having said that-- Jenkins should have come out and said-- Yep. It was an unfortunate oversight on our part. We're sorry and we'll do our best to make sure nothing like this happens again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't watch nor care to watch a show that depicts Jesus as just a man.
Here on earth he was known as the Son of God; in my heart He is God, my Lord and my saviour as Thomas apply stated!

We have the gospels to KNOW Jesus. The world wants to take away the deity of the Christ.
I'm not interested in watching. I've watched the first one, bits of a few others, and I'm not into making up a bunch of stories to coincide with Gospel accounts. Painting persons in the Bible in ways the Bible doesn't seems an extremely poor idea to me.

Much love!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that don't catch it ....The small flag is on the camera stand at 25 seconds in. on the left of the screen.

I have a friend I respect very much. He is a talented actor and singer .....always has been. I realized he had a feminine side, but never considered that a man with two kids, wife and family had any issues. His testimony revealed a side I never considered. Acting attracts the LGBTQ community. We had gone to see him in productions within the community .....and were surprised that he had to get out of that community because of his "comfort" there .....He is trained now and has a ministry to help people with the issues of being Gay while trying to be a Christian and distance themselves from the commuity.

It becomes a quandry. Nothing says you can't be a Christian ...... you just to abide by the requirements to separate from that society.